THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+12
Eddie
Derek
RANDBURG
beardie
sanguine
Paul1976
zand
Sharon
mo1905
Andy12345
Moose
Indy51
16 posters

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 5 Empty Re: Television Series and all that 'Jazz'

Post by Jan1 Mon Sep 07 2015, 17:20

I've never watched one episode of Downton Abbey, but it has a huge following and I believe the last series will air shortly ? Sunday 20th September ?

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 5 Medium_qnGA1UzRKdJpQzY8GOLA8jVSNRf1xd1AWAuNAvHONqk

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 5 Medium_YlHx5_W1EJuC2k2vA5vKv56ff17uwScdFaqZeVEVaNc

There's no doubt the setting, costumes etc are good? Well it looks good to me!

Any fans here?
    Or maybe you've a different show you watch at the moment?

All the best Jan
    Indy51
    Indy51

Female Posts : 344

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 5 Empty Re: Television Series and all that 'Jazz'

Post by Indy51 Mon Sep 07 2015, 23:54

I watched the first series of Downton but found it very over the top with unbelievable villains. By the time the second series rolled around, I didn't bother watching again.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Tue Sep 08 2015, 21:58

What I find most annoying is when a new quirky and entertaining series comes out.

Then the second series is dumbed down.

The third series is really bland but the main actors/actresses are replaced with "star names".

After that it just becomes a clone of a different series I didn't watch either.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Sep 12 2015, 17:49

Does anyone else enjoy Last Night Of The Proms?

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 5 _85490829_lastnightoftheproms_bbc

Doesn't seem a year ago !

Read more here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34221286

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Sep 12 2015, 20:42

Back in the day when we didn't have a TV I used to listen to the Proms on the Third Programme
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Oct 10 2015, 22:57

... anyone watch the Swedish Detective Series, Beck tonight?
    Thought it was very good ...

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 5 P03213pn
    meet the detectives

BBC 4 or catch up on iplayer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06chqn8

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Oct 11 2015, 18:26

I watched some of the Wallanders, both the original and the English version, and some of The Killing, but none reached the standard of the original Swedish versions of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets' Nest

With most TV nowadays I wait until other people have seen and reported on it and watch one of the numerous repeats.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Oct 14 2015, 20:34

chris c wrote:I watched some of the Wallanders, both the original and the English version, and some of The Killing, but none reached the standard of the original Swedish versions of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets' Nest

With most TV nowadays I wait until other people have seen and reported on it and watch one of the numerous repeats.

Wallander I really enjoyed.
    The Bridge was good too.

But yes, the original Swedish versions of 'The Girl' ......... were all excellent.

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Oct 14 2015, 20:38

Well The Apprentice 'kicks off' tonight, the first of 12 episodes!

Will you be watching?

" Alan Sugar begins his 11th search for a new business partner, offering the hopefuls a £250,000 investment in a new start-up company. This year, Claude Littner replaces Nick Hewer as Lord Sugar's new advisor and `eyes and ears' alongside Karren Brady."

See TV Listings for more details here http://www.radiotimes.com/apprentice

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Wed Oct 14 2015, 21:31

Did anyone see DIY SOS tonight ? Big Manchester build for ex military members. Cracking watch ! Yes, I'll be watching Apprentice too. Car crash TV. I love it :-)
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Wed Oct 14 2015, 21:53

mo1905 wrote:Did anyone see DIY SOS tonight ? Big Manchester build for ex military members. Cracking watch ! Yes, I'll be watching Apprentice too. Car crash TV. I love it :-)

On the subject of car crash telly-My fave 'I'm a celebrity' next month with Louis 'The diva' Walsh and possibly Gazza rumoured to be in the jungle-could be interesting how that pans out! Smile
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Nov 12 2015, 18:13

Thursday Night TV viewing recently has been BBC2 The Lost Kingdom ...

set in 'England, 872. A Saxon man, raised by Danes, must choose a side and play his part in the birth of a nation, alongside the man who would become known as King Alfred the Great.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0344rr3

Episode 4 of 8 tonight!

Well it makes a nice change from 'Strictly' ...

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Thu Nov 12 2015, 21:27

Paul1976 wrote:
    mo1905 wrote:Did anyone see DIY SOS tonight ? Big Manchester build for ex military members. Cracking watch ! Yes, I'll be watching Apprentice too. Car crash TV. I love it :-)

On the subject of car crash telly-My fave 'I'm a celebrity' next month with Louis 'The diva' Walsh and possibly Gazza rumoured to be in the jungle-could be interesting how that pans out! Smile

My favourite TV show. Ant & Dec are quality. If Gazza does go in, my bet is he won't last a week. Shame really, the man was a legend and if he does go in, it'll be car crash TV, people just waiting to see him lose the plot.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Dec 09 2015, 19:12

Well for many ... Wednesday evenings mean it's 'The Apprentice' !

I must admit I haven't been watching it - but I read, with a little interest, that tonight:

"  Lord Sugar summons the remaining candidates to the London Aquatic Centre, where he gives them the task of creating and producing a new health food, before pitching their idea to three major retailers. The teams have two days to invent an original snack, build a brand, and then achieve orders from leading figures in the industry. One team tries to impress with rejuvenating superfood snack bars, while the other opts for vegetable crisps. But there is nowhere for the candidates to hide as chaos ensues, with confusion over recipes, last-minute mistakes, and painful pitches to industry experts, before Lord Sugar announces a shock result."

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/dv792f/the-apprentice--series-11---10-health-snack

I do wonder what the contestants idea of 'heath food' will be ... any guesses ?

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Dec 10 2015, 23:50

Well tonight saw the last in the present series The Last Kingdom ... set in 'England, 872. A Saxon man, raised by Danes, must choose a side and play his part in the birth of a nation, alongside the man who would become known as King Alfred the Great.'

I have enjoyed this series and was so pleased to learn that a second series will be shown featuring the continued journey of Uhtred ... can't wait !

Read more about The Saxon Stories here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Kingdom
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Dec 13 2015, 17:09

Jan1 wrote:
    I do wonder what the contestants idea of 'heath food' will be ... any guesses ?

All the best Jan

Sugar?
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Jan 02 2016, 12:28

... and into 2016 Smile

Saturday viewing tonight will be BBC4 at 9pm 'The Young Montalbano'

"BBC4 thaws its Saturday slot with brand-new episodes of this sultry Sicilian detective drama starring Michele Riondino as the youthful Salvo Montalbano. Series two sees all his sidekicks in place: randy/soppy deputy Mimi, dogged Fazio and Catarella, the calamitous desk sergeant; as well as his radiant lover, Livia, who is hiding some important news. The locations are timeless so it’s hard to spot the signs that tell us it’s the early 1990s: a few period cars, the talk of lire not euros, the absence of mobile phones and a reference to the Bosnian war.

Two cases intertwine: the disappearance of an unfaithful wife and the murder of a limping man who attended many funerals. A tiny link and an eye for eggs help Salvo win the day. "

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/dw5596/the-young-montalbano--series-2---1-the-man-who-followed-funerals

I do enjoy the 9pm BBC4 slot on a Saturday ... prior to Christmas it was the excellent Bridge, did anyone watch that?

Enjoy your Saturday

All the best Jan
    sunny
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Jan 04 2016, 12:05

I would really recommend this 'Levison Wood Walking the Himalayas', it's on Channel 4 - Sunday evenings, if you've not seen it see if you can catch up with it.

" Channel 4 today announces a second broadcast partnership with explorer Levison Wood, as he follows up his 2013 trek along the entire length of the Nile by attempting to walk the entire length of the Himalayas.

Beginning in Afghanistan and trekking 1700 gruelling miles across the roof of the world, Levison will be travelling through some of the most remote, beautiful, and perilous places on earth, teaming up with local guides and meeting soldiers, monks and nomadic tribes as he tries to complete his challenge.

Walking the Himalayas, co-produced by October Films and GroupM Entertainment, will see Levison push himself to his physical limits as he is forced through remote, punishing terrain and altitudes above 5000m where he suffers from a debilitating lack of oxygen. As well as battling natural obstacles, he has to tread carefully through one of the most fought-over areas of the world - walking through Afghanistan, crossing the Line of Control between Pakistan and India, navigating the disputed territory of Kashmir and making his way through Nepal as it recovers and tries to rebuild itself after the recent earthquakes.

The series is adventure journalism at its most raw and authentic, but with that comes danger. Last week, Levison and his friend and guide, Binod Pariyar, were involved in a serious car accident in rural Nepal, when the taxi taking them back to their overnight accommodation crashed off the road, leaving Lev with a severely broken arm.. The two met on Levison's first trip to Nepal back in 2001, when Binod saved him from the fighting that surrounded that year's political upheavals, and they were reunited on this journey. Once they've recuperated, they plan to resume the walk together.

In a journey of some four million steps, Levison has also had a chance to meet other local people face to face and at their pace. Relying on their hospitality to make it to his next destination has given him a chance to understand the Himalayan way of life as he's been yak-herding with the Wakhi tribe, played Buzkashi with the Kyrgyz, eaten sheep eyeballs and met blood-drinking shamans, separatist fighters and people rebuilding their lives after natural disasters."

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/channel-4-tracks-levison-wood-walking-the-himalayas

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Jan 14 2016, 13:04

We've recently been watching the lovely Ben Fogle 'New Lives In the Wild' programme ... it's been very interesting and enjoyable.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/ben-fogle-new-lives-in-the-uk

One blog I often 'hop' over to is this one, and I found yet another interesting read.
    See what you think  Smile  

http://fair-isle.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/after-ben-fogle-new-lives-in-wild-uk.html

All the best Jan
    flower
    Derek
    Derek

Post by Derek Fri Jan 15 2016, 22:16

Jan1 wrote:We've recently been watching the lovely Ben Fogle 'New Lives In the Wild' programme ... it's been very interesting and enjoyable.

One blog I often 'hop' over to is this one, and I found yet another interesting read.

http://fair-isle.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/after-ben-fogle-new-lives-in-wild-uk.html

All the best Jan
    flower

Hi Jan,
    I was on Fair Isle birding a few years ago with friends and I actually spoke to the American guy in the film.

Fair Isle is an amazing place and flying in and out by that small aircraft is interesting!
    We took off in strong winds when we left and when the plane got into a downdraft from the cliffs I swear it dropped like a stone about 500 feet! It was crabbing all the way back to Shetland.
    regards
    Derek
    Derek
    Derek

Post by Derek Fri Jan 15 2016, 22:20

Did you see Trust me I'm a doctor? I think you could drive an horse and cart through some of their findings! D.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Jan 16 2016, 14:36

Derek wrote:
    Jan1 wrote:We've recently been watching the lovely Ben Fogle 'New Lives In the Wild' programme ... it's been very interesting and enjoyable.

All the best Jan
    flower

Hi Jan,
    I was on Fair Isle birding a few years ago with friends and I actually spoke to the American guy in the film.

Fair Isle is an amazing place and flying in and out by that small aircraft is interesting!
    We took off in strong winds when we left and when the plane got into a downdraft from the cliffs I swear it dropped like a stone about 500 feet! It was crabbing all the way back to Shetland.
    regards
    Derek

Fair Isle does look a most interesting place to visit and I like the sound of the Auld Haa Guesthouse mentioned on the fair-isle blogspot  ...

I had to look up what you meant by 'crabbing all the way back to Shetland' ...only afterwards did I think to ask Eddie and yes ... he could have explained the meaning to me Smile

We are blessed to have so many interesting Isle's off our shores.

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Jan 16 2016, 14:38

@Derek ... "Did you see Trust me I'm a doctor? I think you could drive an horse and cart through some of their findings! D."

Not a programme I watched - perhaps other readers may have done?

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Feb 07 2016, 11:20

Have you got a favourite Detective Show?

We sat and watched the last of 'The Young Montalbano' series which BBC 4 have been showing on Saturday Nights and next week it's an Icelandic Series which could be good ...

My dear dad 90 yrs young loves to watch Midsomer Murders, as do a great many others - the series with different actors has been going some time, since 1997 !

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Feb 07 2016, 18:54

Been rewatching some classic Inspector Morse, Lewis and Dalziel And Pascoe. Oh and some Death In Paradise with the extremely cute black girl who left Sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13 2024, 15:31