THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+12
Eddie
Derek
RANDBURG
beardie
sanguine
Paul1976
zand
Sharon
mo1905
Andy12345
Moose
Indy51
16 posters

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'

chris c
    chris c

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 8 Empty Re: Television Series and all that 'Jazz'

Post by chris c Sun Aug 14 2016, 17:26

I recorded it and haven't watched it yet. There have always been some excellent photographers working or freelancing for the BBC.

I used to cross the border when I lived in Durham and Cumbria, and had a holiday in the Cairngorm surrounded by red squirrels, crested tits, capercaillie and ospreys, and those sodding midges. Best seen on TV IMO, you get the good bits without the aggravation.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 8 Empty Re: Television Series and all that 'Jazz'

Post by Jan1 Mon Aug 15 2016, 18:51

chris c wrote:I recorded it and haven't watched it yet. There have always been some excellent photographers working or freelancing for the BBC.

I used to cross the border when I lived in Durham and Cumbria, and had a holiday in the Cairngorm surrounded by red squirrels, crested tits, capercaillie and ospreys, and those sodding midges. Best seen on TV IMO, you get the good bits without the aggravation.

Hope you may have had time to watch it?

I've never visited Scotland but relations and friends have ...and yes, they encountered the midges affraid
    There must be a time to visit when the midges have gone?

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Tue Aug 16 2016, 18:38

Midwinter
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Aug 20 2016, 17:31

Highlands - Scotland's Wild Heart

Watched another episode of this most amazing programme last night http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03pjc9p

If you missed it ... it's on BBC iplayer for another 29 days or it's repeated again on BBC2 tomorrow at 15.25

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Aug 24 2016, 17:36

Sat and watched the new BBC 1 thriller series last night.
    It's called 'One of Us'

" The story begins with the brutal murder of Adam and Grace, childhood sweethearts who've just returned from honeymoon.

Where many dramas focus on the investigation, the action revolves around their two devastated families, neighbours in a remote part of Scotland, and what happens when the murderer arrives on their doorstep the night after the killing. "

http://tv.bt.com/tv/tv-news/one-of-us-bbc-thriller-from-creators-of-the-missing-is-your-new-tv-addiction-11364081567918

It gets a thumbs up from me  thumb-up  

Did anyone else watch it?

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Wed Aug 24 2016, 21:47

I've been watching the new series of Ripper Street back on BBC was not disappointed just as good as the previous episodes
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Aug 25 2016, 13:32

graham64 wrote:I've been watching the new series of Ripper Street back on BBC was not disappointed just as good as the previous episodes

Yes, one of our children very kindly reminded us this was on as we'd probably have missed it!
    In my opinion an excellent series ... and I think it was due to public pressure that kept this programme going as the BBC were going to axe it ... so pleased they didn't and the story will be finished!
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-03-10/matthew-lewis-says-ripper-street-definitely-wasnt-axed

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Oct 05 2016, 14:08

Ripper Street ...

I agree with this review!

"Ripper Street: a creepy climax for this ripping, gripping drama: review

"In 2013, the BBC axed Ripper Street – after which it was brought back from the dead by Amazon Prime. The streaming service now airs it first, before flogging it back to the BBC for second screening rights. It’s a strange arrangement but one that works. The show has thrived, with bigger budgets and the freedom to be gritty and unflinching in a way that wasn’t possible when it was a series being made by the Corporation to air in its primetime BBC One slot.

... the article continues see here
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/10/03/ripper-street-a-creepy-climax-for-this-ripping-gripping-drama-re/

... but then the final paragraph

"A fifth and final series arrives on Amazon next week, then the BBC in 2017. I’ll wager it will involve the team seeking justice for Drake’s murder. As Reid’s daughter Mathilda sagely said: “There are no princesses and no monsters. Only humans, with their flesh and blood and all too broken hearts.”"

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 8 11195163-ripper-street-s4-CULTURE-large_trans++eo_i_u9APj8RuoebjoAHt0k9u7HhRJvuo-ZLenGRumA

Anyone else been watching?

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Oct 31 2016, 10:10

Only Fools And Horses most-watched show in Britain's 80 years of TV

BBC sitcom Only Fools And Horses has topped a new chart of the most-watched programmes in the 80-year history of British television.
    Just over 24 million people tuned in for the episode broadcast on December 29 1996, in which David Jason's Del Boy finally got rich after auctioning an antique watch.
    It is the biggest audience ever recorded for a single transmission of a TV programme in the UK.

A total of four episodes of Only Fools And Horses appear in the top 20, along with favourites such as Morecambe And Wise, Coronation Street and the Royal Variety Performance.
    But there are no episodes of EastEnders, and nothing from the past 15 years.
    The chart has been compiled by the Press Association to mark the 80th anniversary this week of the start of television in the UK.
    The BBC launched the nation's first regular TV service at 3pm on November 2 1936, broadcasting live from Alexandra Palace in north London.
    Since then, television in Britain has grown from one channel to more than 300, and the way we receive TV has moved from an aerial on the roof to underground cables, satellite dishes and online.

But while there are now more ways than ever to watch television, the PA's chart suggests the days of record audiences have been declining since the 1980s.
    A total of eight programmes in the top 20 were broadcast in that decade, compared with four from the 1990s and just one from the Noughties: an episode of Only Fools And Horses shown on Christmas Day 2001.
    The oldest programme to appear in the chart is an edition of the Royal Variety Performance transmitted by ITV on November 10 1963, which featured a performance by The Beatles.
    Light entertainment dominates the chart, with three-quarters of the places filled by comedies, variety shows or quizzes.

Read much more here http://www.aol.co.uk/entertainment/2016/10/31/only-fools-and-horses-most-watched-show-in-britains-80-years-of/

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Nov 12 2016, 00:06

Rick Stein's - Long Weekend

Really enjoyed Rick Stein on BBC 2 earlier this evening, although not all food was LCHF !!!

He was in Lisbon ... great food, lovely people and seeing the sights too.

More about it here
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b078dj4l

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Nov 13 2016, 19:02

The amazing Planet Earth Two tonight at 8pm BBC 1

http://www.radiotimes.com/tv-programme/e/ffwp7f/planet-earth-ii--s2-e2-planet-earth-ii-mountains

Rare footage of the elusive animals (snow leopards) that live in the unforgiving environment of the world's mountain ranges. A female snow leopard with a cub ends up caught between two rival males, grizzly bears rub themselves up against trees in an attempt to shed their winter fur, and golden eagles hunt over snow-capped peaks.

Photography is such a high standard

All the best Jan
    Derek
    Derek

Post by Derek Mon Nov 14 2016, 16:46

Those superspeedy snakes were very scary! Smile
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Dec 17 2016, 12:43

Rick Stein's series of long weekends across Europe came to its conclusion last night.

We have enjoyed watching it.

Throughout the year, he has taken lovers of food and travel on wonderful city breaks with culture, history and scenery added in for good measure - and, as ever, some fabulous dishes to cook at home.

To round off his ten-part series, Rick Stein visits the fascinating city of Palermo in northern Sicily. Like a vibrant carpet, the city is patterned with echoes of Arab, north African, French, Spanish and Italian influences making its cuisine unique and irresistible. Pine nuts, raisins, almonds and golden breadcrumbs are combined with flavours of local sun-ripened tomatoes, lemons and the finest olive oil to create unforgettable dishes that just have to be replicated at back home.

Palermo is a grand city with rough edges, synonymous with Garibaldi and the setting for one of Rick's favourite novels of all time - The Leopard. He arrives just in time to see locals celebrating a festival in honour of Palermo's patron saint, Rosalia, and even gets a cookery lesson from a real life dutchess. At home, he cooks marsala chicken, a Sicilian classic served in UK bistros since the 1960s

More here
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b085zmnm

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Mar 11 2017, 12:47

I think our TV choices do change ... for instance I used to watch the TV soaps, but in more recent years do not watch any ... and looking at TV listings there appears to be quite a few.

However, one show we enjoyed last weekend was 'Follow The Money' it's on BBC4 and is a 'Scandi drama'

... it's "serious business as the malignant giant Nova Bank closes in on the small-fry Absalon. Siblings Simon and Amanda, who run the latter bank, try to contain Amanda’s cocaine habit and rely on new ally Claudia to rally their wavering shareholders.

Fraud detectives Mads and Alf are like bottom feeders pecking at Nova’s nether regions for scraps. How many small concerns has Nova forced into bankruptcy, and how far can Mads trust his own boss, Nanna? Lowest in the food chain is henchman Nicky. He shafts his mate Bimse, stoops to blackmail and boots a banker half to death, but underneath it all seems quite a nice chap."

Words above taken from here
    http://www.radiotimes.com/tv-programme/e/fkvvw7/follow-the-money--series-2-episode-3

My seat on the sofa is booked for this evening  Smile

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sat Mar 11 2017, 19:25

Really enjoying this series of Broadchurch and the 3 parter set in an architects office called The Replacement. Check 'em out if you get a chance.
    I also like the documentary looking behind the scenes of top London hotel The Mandarin. Can't remember what it's called.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Mar 12 2017, 13:20

Broadchurch is a very popular series, and is set in a beautiful part of the UK.

A friend lives down near West Bay and has been fortunate to see some of the filming

http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/09/where-is-broadchurch-filmed-where-is-it-set-and-how-you-can-visit-6498415/

Haven't seen The Replacement or the Hotel Documentary - it's good to get behind the scenes and see what goes on ...

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Apr 16 2017, 11:09

With the return of Britain's Got Talent last night, I did watch the first hour and thought the "‘Missing People Choir" did give a very emotional audition.

I missed the golden buzzer given to Sarah Ikuku ...
    Did anyone see this?

The recent series on BBC4 Department Q (originally a Danish TV Series) is absolutely brilliant viewing
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08n5dsm/broadcasts/2017/04

Anyone hoping to watch the Grand Prix from Bahrain later?

All the best Jan
    Derek
    Derek

Post by Derek Sun Apr 16 2017, 13:43

Line of Duty worth watching. I thought the last series very good. The Last Kingdom is a little bloody for some but I enjoy it!
    Derek
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Apr 18 2017, 18:21

We watched The Last Kingdom last series but completely forgot it was back for the new one, so hence haven't seen it.

Line of Duty does seem quite popular, as is Broadchurch.

Certain family members were pleased to see Doctor Who back at the weekend, now hasn't that been around for years ...

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Apr 21 2017, 22:18

I never liked Doctor Who so much since William Hartnell. He just seemed so otherworldly - though someone who worked for the BBC once told me that was because he was desperately trying to remember his lines, which he often used to have pinned to the furniture out of shot.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat May 13 2017, 15:12

It's Eurovision Song Contest Time ...

I may just give it a miss Exclamation

Sorry Lucie (I think that's our entry) I haven't even heard it.

Has anyone else???

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Sat May 13 2017, 23:19

Jan1 wrote:It's Eurovision Song Contest Time ...

Has anyone else???

All the best Jan

Not my cup of tea either but I have heard this years entry by Lucie on the radio I have heard worse  Neutral check it out see what you think

Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun May 14 2017, 12:33

graham64 wrote:
    Jan1 wrote:It's Eurovision Song Contest Time ...

Has anyone else???

All the best Jan

Not my cup of tea either but I have heard this years entry by Lucie on the radio I have heard worse  Neutral check it out see what you think

Thanks Graham ... I had a listen.

To coin a catch phrase from the 60's "Oi'll give it foive."
    http://www.express.co.uk/comment/columnists/richard-and-judy/407709/So-where-are-they-all-now

Now I'm showing my age  lol!

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon May 15 2017, 22:17

Not as bad as expected.

I've farted better tunes than some of the other entries though.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Jun 03 2017, 19:10

Well tonight's the night!
    Will you be watching it ...

It being the Final of Britain's Got Talent Exclamation

Alternatively there is a new Detective series starting on BBC 4 at 9pm Cardinal ... just saying.

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 14:10