THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+12
Eddie
Derek
RANDBURG
beardie
sanguine
Paul1976
zand
Sharon
mo1905
Andy12345
Moose
Indy51
16 posters

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'

chris c
    chris c

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 7 Empty Re: Television Series and all that 'Jazz'

Post by chris c Thu Feb 18 2016, 20:01

Jan1 wrote:
    chris c wrote:Scary that she was a gymnast and some of the other injured were athletes.

Yes, I thought that too ...

You also never know, later in life, the consequences of some of these falls, accidents.

Do they really need the money?
    She's put on a fair bit of lard too, like all too many UK and US gymnasts. Probably still eating a high carb diet.

To see the exact opposite look at Pauline Tratz and Naomi and Ruby Van Dijk, would be interesting to know what the German coaches feed them. Likewise many of the Romanians and most of the Russians remain depressingly cute as they age. Remember Nadia Comaneci, Aurelia Dobre, Andreea Raducan, Catalina Ponor?

To be fair though many gymnasts and to a lesser extent other athletes do undergo a considerable amount of premature wear and tear. You'd think whoever was coaching them for this show would be aware of this and act accordingly, except they probably see the "accidents" as good ratings Sad
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 7 Empty Re: Television Series and all that 'Jazz'

Post by Jan1 Fri Feb 26 2016, 19:11

I can't believe Friday night is here once more ... so looking forward to watching 'Spin' tonight... think it's the only time we tune into More 4  Exclamation  

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Feb 29 2016, 20:23

It's Monday night so for some it will mean watching the X Files ...  Exclamation

Don't know whether it's your thing  Question

But this piece of news ... seemed to fit with the TV billing (well sort of)

UFO sightings in North of England prove extra-terrestrial life, says expert

Sightings caught on camera above Newcastle, County Durham, Gateshead and Northumberland 'prove we’re not alone'…

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 7 89436585

Footage of strange lights in the skies above the North of England are a sign of extra-terrestrial life and prove we're not alone, according to a North East UFO 'investigator'.

Glen Richardson, a Hartlepool-based UFO Investigative Researcher told the Chronicle: "I have been investigating incidents for around 20 years now, I get about five pictures and messages about UFOs from across the North East and UK every week.

"It may be true that nine times out of 10 there is a scientific explanation but some things you just cannot explain. I am very open minded and I do believe that there is life out there, sightings like the ones recorded back that up."

Witnesses in the North of England have recorded 18 sightings with the Mutual UFO Network (Mufon) - described as 'the world's oldest and largest UFO phenomenon investigative body' during the past 12 months.

They include a video recording of a disc-shaped orange light hovering over County Durham on 27 June, footage of a flying object that appeared as 'defined lights within a square' in the skies above Sunderland on 1 December, and someone near the A1 who took a picture of a plane with a UFO hovering above it on 14 May.

Mr Richardson urges anyone who witnesses an incident to report it. "Some people fear ridicule, but there is no shame in trying to find the answers and I think the more people report the more investigations there will be and the more evidence will form."

Across Britain, there have been 476 sightings logged on Mufon in the last year. They range from a 'teleporting man' to a white glowing object that 'changed direction in the blink of an eye'.

Mr Richardson concluded: "There is strong evidence for life out there now and I predict in the next 30 years it will be a known fact."

Has there been a sighting near you?

Mufon has a handy UFO Tracker with live information. Simply enter your postcode or town, and when the map of your region appears, zoom out to see if there have been sightings near you.

Dare you enter your postcode  Question

http://travel.aol.co.uk/2016/02/29/ufo-sightings-north-england-prove-extra-terrestrial-life-expert/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk%7Cdl5%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D434871

... oh well,it made a nice change to reading about Trump and Clinton

Have a nice evening - whatever you may be watching ...

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Tue Mar 01 2016, 00:22

I'm in two minds. If we have been visited by extraterrestrials I guess they have enough sense to keep well away, but then why do they abduct people generally lacking in sanity? OTOH an airline pilot I met years ago told me they often see stuff they no longer bother to report.

I saw a UFO once over Bristol. When it got closer it turned out to be someone flying a hot air balloon at night in between all the hills.

The hippies used to go to Salisbury Plain to look for UFOs. Surrounded by military bases I have no doubt *someone* knew exactly the identity of everything they saw.

There was a famous local incident next to a USAF base. When I first heard about it my thought was that the RAF were winding them up by landing a Harrier in the woods.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Mar 01 2016, 17:35

... well I find it hard to believe we are the only forms of life, and still with so much to learn.

But the solar system is so unbelievably massive, and perhaps almost beyond comprehension, that perhaps there are other forms of life out there ...

I guess you either believe or don't believe, and in some cases the military do know more than they are saying ...

All the best Jan

P.S. As it's a TV themed thread - I saw a weekend of Star Trek films being advertised - they are still very popular and I think there are Star Trek Conventions held around the globe ...

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Mar 02 2016, 23:06

Various versions of Star Trek are quite regular on some of the more obscure TV channels. Much thought went into them, unlike some of the current crap. But then there was plenty of crap TV then too, it's just that we have mercifully forgotten much of it.

Remember The Invaders? I think aliens are among us already, masquerading as dieticians and trying to wipe out the population so the rest of their species can invade.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Apr 09 2016, 18:00

I guess some will term it the battle for ratings, but as Saturday Night TV viewing looms we have 'The Voice' finals and also the first week of 'BGT' on mainstream TV. For some it's a must watch for others it's a big switch off.

Of course if you may be interested in the Masters Golf ... that is on BBC2 !

What will you be viewing I wonder ... Question

Enjoy your Saturday Evening

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Apr 09 2016, 20:23

Not a lot! I'll probably watch some things I recorded earlier and didn't get around to yet.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Apr 10 2016, 12:28

Going back to last night's 'The Voice' ... who said do we have to Question  

The winner would have got my vote to - had I voted  Exclamation

‘The Voice’ 2016 Final Won By Former Liberty X Singer Kevin Simm

The winner’s single, ‘All You Good Friends’, is available to download and stream now, with at least 20 pence from each download and at least 50% from each stream going to Comic Relief.

You can read more and watch Kevin perform his winner’s single by using this link ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/the-voice-2016-final-winner-kevin-simm-liberty-x_uk_5709fcd3e4b0fa55639d3162?utm_hp_ref=uk-entertainment&ir=UK%2BEntertainment&section=uk_entertainment

Now meanwhile on ITV we were being mesmerised by 12 yr old singer Beau Dermott  and 26 yr old  Alexandr Magala and his sword-swallowing act... don't know if you'd agree Question

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Apr 23 2016, 19:38

Saturday Night Viewing!!!

Hinterland

BBC4 9pm !!!

Well my place on the sofa is booked because:
    The hit police drama returns. DCI Mathias is forced back to the frontline after a suspected arson attack on an isolated farmhouse leaves a mother and child fighting for their lives. As he and partner Di Mared Rhys investigate, they find themselves drawn into a community rife with old feuds and bitter jealousies - although the case could prove to be a new beginning for the troubled detective. Crime drama, starring Richard Harrington and Mali Harries. In English and Welsh.

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Apr 23 2016, 23:35

Generally I record stuff and watch it later, fast forwarding the ads.

Late to the party, I've been watching some delightfully quirky things, The A Word, about a dysfunctional family with an autistic child, The Durrells, and Marcella with the stunning Anna Friel who has become quite a brilliant actress playing near or over the edge characters, I think of her as a British Holly Hunter.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Sun Apr 24 2016, 18:05

just started watching Game of Thrones last night, 10 years after everyone else, didn't expect to like it but watched 2 episodes and enjoyed, now if i give up work, throw the kids out the house (its kinda rude) i may catchup one day
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Apr 25 2016, 12:03

chris c wrote:Generally I record stuff and watch it later, fast forwarding the ads.

Late to the party, I've been watching some delightfully quirky things, The A Word, about a dysfunctional family with an autistic child, The Durrells, and Marcella with the stunning Anna Friel who has become quite a brilliant actress playing near or over the edge characters, I think of her as a British Holly Hunter.

When I think about it we don't watch that much TV.
    We have had family members talk about Marcella ... but we haven't watched it.
    Liked the idea of The Durrells  'My Family and Other Animals' ... but guess what ... we haven't watched that either. Exclamation

Wiki has an article about Gerald Durrell here
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Durrell

We did watch Hinterland Saturday but it was a little slow in parts - have to see how it goes next week.

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Apr 25 2016, 12:07

Andy12345 wrote:just started watching Game of Thrones last night, 10 years after everyone else, didn't expect to like it but watched 2 episodes and enjoyed, now if i give up work, throw the kids out the house (its kinda rude) i may catchup one day

Yes, we have family members who do watch Game Of Thrones it is popular ... but guess what ... we don't watch it !

Funny I said as much to Chris in his TV choices.

It is good that we all like to watch different things ...

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Apr 27 2016, 20:28

I still have the original Swedish "The Girl Who . . ." trilogy which I haven't gotten around to yet (I've seen them before) I did watch another quirky film "The Salton Sea" I've also had for ages, and "No Country For Old Men" ditto. I have to be in the mood to watch complicated and intense stuff.

Also watching Michael Portaloo trucking around the county on trains for some light relief, and Ice Road Truckers being repeated yet again.

Sometimes I remind myself of a character in a John Brunner novel who spent his time stoned out of his head on whatever he could get, watching TV and thinking "Christ, what an imagination I've got!"
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat May 28 2016, 13:38

Goodness me ... advert overload ... for the new Top Gear this Sunday!
    In case it should have escaped your notice, the much heralded new show arrives on Sunday May 29 at 8pm, BBC Two.

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 7 1464359604-6e6996fa2952525607f0c2b4d7c0f131-600x551

" Evans has admitted to being scared while filming a segment for the new Top Gear that involved racing to the highest pub in South Africa.
    The popular motoring show returns on Sunday boasting a new presenting line-up including Friends star Matt LeBlanc and four other hosts, including German racing driver Sabine Schmitz, plus The Stig.
    The new series of the BBC Two show has been filmed over four continents in nine countries"

Read more here
    http://www.aol.co.uk/entertainment/2016/05/28/chris-evans-reveals-his-scariest-moment-while-filming-the-latest-top-gear/

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun May 29 2016, 11:48

Talking about television series ...
    I have watched some of BGT with it's usual mix of great, good and not so good acts!

Was pleased to see a magician won the show this time, I'm sure Her Majesty will enjoy watching him later this year at The Royal Variety Performance.

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 7 574a9b221200002e00894cac

" There wasn’t a dry eye in the house when ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ magician Richard Jones delivered his winning performance in Saturday night’s (28 May) live final.

The former military man - who is the first magician to ever win ‘BGT’ in 10 series - took to the stage in full uniform for his final illusion, which saw him telling the story of a “very special” fellow magician and soldier who he says “inspires him the most in magic”.

Over the course of his three-minute performance, Richard used a deck of cards to tell the story of the soldier and magician, from his early days in the military to his troubling experiences in a prisoner of war camp."
    See more here
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/richard-jones-britains-got-talent-final-performance_uk_574a9aaee4b0ebf6a329bd91

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Jun 04 2016, 11:20

Watched Dicte - Crime Reporter, "a sharp, engaging crime drama from Denmark." on More 4 last night.

If you like the Scandi detective type series I think you may like this one ...
    Perhaps you watched it?

Moving onto another TV series ...Top Gear ... or actually 'The Grand Tour' as it's going to be called with Clarkson, May and Hammond, there is a little more news on that

" While ‘Top Gear’ bosses get busy crossing everything that audiences return in greater numbers for its new series on Sunday evening, over on the other side, Jeremy Clarkson and co have revealed more details about their forthcoming show on Amazon Prime.

‘The Grand Tour’ is due to start filming its live studio audience segments in different venues across the world from July, and the star trio’s first location for its “giant tent” format will be Johannesburg.

The team previously revealed that fans would be able to apply for tickets for all the different locations, and fans keen to hot-foot it to South Africa to take part in the show can apply here.

‘The Grand Tour’ will debut on Amazon Prime this autumn, although an official start date is yet to be revealed. The series will comprise 12 episodes, with a further 24 to come over the next two years, according to the hosts’ initial contracts.

Unlike most original shows on streaming services - where every episode in the series becomes available at once, allowing viewers to watch at their own pace - ‘The Grand Tour’ will release one episode per week. Amazon Prime will be hoping that the established popularity of the former ‘Top Gear’ trio, who walked away en masse from the BBC last year following Clarkson’s “fracas” with a producer, will help recoup their reported multimillion-dollar investment.

Judging by the recent tweets of Clarkson, his bosses won’t be able to accuse the chaps of not earning their money...

The above details (and links) can be read here
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/the-grand-tour-jeremy-clarkson-johannesburg_uk_57516b58e4b04a0827f184fb?icid=maing-grid7%7Cukt1%7Cdl5%7Csec3_lnk5%26pLid%3D465966

I wonder how many fans will apply for tickets from the UK?

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Aug 06 2016, 19:13

Highlands - Scotland's Wild Heart

I think this programme was first released in May 2016, but we weren't aware of it then.

If you didn't see this programme when it was first released in May ... do try and watch it on BBC2 or BBC iplayer... it is amazing!

It's 'Highlands - Scotlands Wild Heart' narrated by Ewan McGregor, the photography is simply stunning, one of the best wildlife programmes we have seen.

Why not have a look and see what you think?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03pjd66

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Tue Aug 09 2016, 18:45

Oh yes, watched that last week. As you say, stunning photography. You can get to see the place without being eaten alive by the midges.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Tue Aug 09 2016, 21:15

With a new series of Strictly in the offing I bet Eddie's getting quite excited Shocked

Breaking news Ed Balls banned from the new series of Strictly

Militant judges who have just been voted onto the panel for the upcoming series of Strictly Come Dancing, have already clamped down on New Labour traitor Ed Balls. He would not do the Trotskyite twist with the 500,000 other Labour supporters at home.

During rehearsal for the first show Balls told producers he wanted to concentrate on the Foxtrot, but the judges assumed it was a subtle way for him to bring back hunting animals for sport, through the medium of dance. He then showed the TV executives his Blairite Spin, but they said it just doesn’t wash with the viewers anymore.

Ed Balls said he was ‘scared to death’ over the Strictly Come Dancing series, but that was mainly because a group of Corbynistas had kidnapped his family until agreed to break into the Trotskyite Twist during the first live show. He stood his ground and even refused to do the Che Che Che, and was banned from the show.

Judge Lenin Goodman said: “Dancing and politics are very similar, if you can’t do it well you look like a prick and if you don’t dance the way we demand you get to quickstep to the gulag.”

http://www.thelondoneconomic.com/
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Aug 11 2016, 18:27

chris c wrote:Oh yes, watched that last week. As you say, stunning photography. You can get to see the place without being eaten alive by the midges.

Yes, the photography was simply amazing.

I've never visited Scotland, and I'm sure there are many lovely places to visit. I have heard that at certain times of the year midges can cause a problem, so for now I will content myself by watching the beautiful places on TV  Smile

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Aug 11 2016, 18:33

graham64 wrote:With a new series of Strictly in the offing I bet Eddie's getting quite excited Shocked

affraid He's already groaning at the thought of weeks of Strictly Evil or Very Mad

Me, however ... well let's just say the bottle of rose wine is already  in the fridge chilling ... as I suspect many of my friends who also love to watch Strictly will be preparing sunny

It's a serious business you know for us Strictly fans ...lol! flower

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Aug 12 2016, 17:22

9 pm tonight BBC Two, Highlands: Scotland's Wild Heart

"There’s a perfect Disney moment as summer comes to the Highlands, and fluffy guillemot “jumplings” (or chicks) prepare to launch themselves from sheer cliffs for the first time.

But one little fella is too scared. As the others hurtle towards the water, wings going like the clappers, he shrinks back, refusing to take the plunge. Awww, I can hear you cry. A parent flies up to encourage him, but still the reluctant one will step only gingerly from ledge to ledge, all the while prey to predators.

There are a few heart-warming moments in a sumptuous episode, narrated with awe, reverence and over-sentimentality by Ewan McGregor – a female otter is a “hardworking single mother”.

But block your ears to such nonsense and just look at the majesty and beauty of a golden eagle, and of a deer, all attitude and velvety antlers.

SUMMARY
    For the birds and animals of the Highlands, the summer offers a chance to raise offspring before the days shorten and the storms of autumn arrive. Seabirds flock to the island of Handa off the Sutherland Coast, where 30,000 pairs of guillemots breed annually. Handa is also the location for a spectacular wild drama ending with the tiny chicks, known as jumplings, leaping for their lives from the 400-ft cliffs. Cameras also reveal life in the great rolling expanse of wetland known as the Flow Country, whose blanket peat bog stores more carbon than all of the forests in the entire UK."

Words, details taken from here
    http://www.radiotimes.com/tv-programme/e/d56k8t/highlands-scotlands-wild-heart--s1-e2-summer---the-greatest-race

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Aug 13 2016, 11:31

Highlands: Scotland's Wild Heart

Watched this last night and once again the most stunning photography ... it must have taken months to film

I award this programme five stars  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13 2024, 08:45