THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

Blog on Diabetic Complications

Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Female Posts : 228

Blog on Diabetic Complications Empty Blog on Diabetic Complications

Post by Mud Island Dweller Mon Oct 13 2014, 12:31

Sadly Kev is not well at all today the idea was to hold off until he worked his way round the blog. However l thought it would be a positive move mentaly for him if folks could see it now.
    The bots have just found it so it has started to pop up on searches but best is to go via the link.
    http://diabetesterminalscared.blogspot.co.uk/

Hope mods do not mind the post....many thanks
    MID
    Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Blog on Diabetic Complications Empty Re: Blog on Diabetic Complications

Post by Mud Island Dweller Wed Oct 15 2014, 21:10

Ranting reply please feel free to ignore but l want to rant Twisted Evil
    A reply on a m/h forum l belong to about my post on kevs blog to read and share made me so garrr l swear the guy is a total... and the thing is about 5 people agreed with him!!!

Persons reply......
    Hi
    I have a deep respect for anyone suffering in illness and pain. My sympathy to them.
    However can I please ask that it is not referred to as terminal diabetes. After all there is no such thing and as a diabetic the term frightens me.
    As stated in the blog there are related problems when diabetes is "ignored". These can kill.
    Many thanks and regards.
    p-c

l was spitting nails and posted the following reply...

Sorry you are upset however it is for him terminal and it is due to diabetes complications if he did not have diabetes he wouldn't be terminal therefore it IS terminal diabetes and l make no apologies for it

If you are unable to deal with it then avoid his blog he is doing his best to get people eating sensibly taking care of themselves with diabetes and not ending up as he ... and many others are.

I do not know what your type is or your hba1c but if it is low then you should be ok if it isnt then lower it.

Being scared and looking after yourself with a proper lchf diet (as much as your health allows) and general exercise (within your ability) are the 3 big things that will keep complications at bay even for those on insulin.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Wed Oct 15 2014, 21:36

Mud I believe in free speech and as such I have been extremely vocal on the Kman saga for some time in other places. As someone who has witnessed family members die from poorly controlled diabetes, I have found many of the Kman posts nauseating in the extreme. For at least a year he has been close to death from his own admission, but flits around like a man who has just won the lottery on speed.

One point you could clear up for me, is this point, some time ago elsewhere he talked about his wife being a well controlled type one diabetic, but has never referred to that situation on DCUK. Could not she have helped him to good control ? did he learn nothing from her ?

By all means post a link to his blog, maybe put a link in your signature. Tell me he joined this forum within a day or so of us starting up, why has he never posted here ?

Eddie
    Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Post by Mud Island Dweller Wed Oct 15 2014, 22:11

Hi Eddie as far as l know Wendie is not diabetic. We have been down and met him and the family at their house. l did ask him about this forum as he joined but he said he wasnt sure on the link and details l resent it but that eas on other forum and it was of course removed. l do not think he gets on much he internets via a kindle.
    l can pop the link into my signature but not till weekend/early next week am on phone now till weekend and trying to do anything on this other than type is driving me batty.
    This box to post in is about 1cm deep and try to scroll is a work of art.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Wed Oct 15 2014, 22:23

I must admit I did see the post where he said we die was type one and I became seriously suspicious he may be a nut job but if you've met him I guess he must exist, I stopped reading and recommending his terminal thread because of the suspicions but it did effect in a big way in the beginning, as you have proved he is real I wish him the very best but reading his blog would be very depressing I imagine, it's a good message for the not motivated, but for me just depressing I'm sorry to say
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Wed Oct 15 2014, 22:38

I wish everyone well and the tale of a man dying too young unnecessarily is awful and a wake up call but as lot's of us are aware there is an 'Elephant in the Room' over certain details and hence why the thread got locked ultimately over at DCUK and I think it would be a good thing if Kman,as a member here too,could post here to give his side of the story and address some of the issues raised on his original thread for clarity.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Wed Oct 15 2014, 22:51

I remember this blog from another forum and I had a brief look but to be honest, it was something that I felt I couldn't help with or add to. I have no problem with a link here for those that are interested but it's not something I will actively follow. That being said, I hate seeing anyone suffer and I wish him well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 10:47