THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Adults at risk from lack of exercise !

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Adults at risk from lack of exercise ! Empty Adults at risk from lack of exercise !

Post by Jan1 Wed Sep 05 2018, 20:16

Apparently …

"More than a billion adults around the world are at risk of serious disease through lack of exercise, a study has shown.
    Investigators found that in 2016 more than a quarter of the global population – 1.4 billion people – were insufficiently active.
    As a result, they faced an increased risk of heart and artery disease, Type 2 diabetes, dementia, and some cancers.

The research conducted by the World Health Organisation shows there was little progress in improving physical activity levels between 2001 and 2016.

If current trends continue, the global target of reducing sedentary lifestyle by 10% by 2025 will not be met, said the scientists.
    Study leader Dr Regina Guthold, from the WHO in Switzerland, said: “Unlike other major global health risks, levels of insufficient physical activity are not falling worldwide, on average, and over a quarter of all adults are not reaching the recommended levels of physical activity for good health.”

The study was based on self-reported activity levels both at work and at home and during travel and leisure time.
    Researchers analysed information from 1.9 million men and women who participated in 358 population surveys.
    They found that in 2016, around one in three women (32%) and 23% of men worldwide were not attaining recommended healthy levels of physical activity – at least 150 minutes of moderate intensity, or 75 minutes of vigorous physical activity per week.

High-income Western countries displayed the greatest increase in the proportion of people taking insufficient exercise over the study period, a rise from 31% in 2001 to 37% in 2016.
    In the UK, 40% of women and 32% of men were insufficiently active in 2016.

Countries with the worst physical activity record included Kuwait, American Samoa, a US territory in the South Pacific, Saudi Arabia and Iraq. In each of these countries, more than half the adult population was insufficiently active.
    The findings appear in The Lancet Global Health journal.

Dr Guthold added: “Regions with increasing levels of insufficient physical activity are a major concern for public health and the prevention and control of noncommunicable diseases.”"

Words taken from here
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/fitness/a-billion-adults-at-risk-from-lack-of-exercise/ar-BBMT5nI?ocid=spartandhp

Anyone for a walk?

Adults at risk from lack of exercise ! Winter%2BWalk%2B2

yes, it's me !

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Adults at risk from lack of exercise ! Empty Re: Adults at risk from lack of exercise !

Post by chris c Thu Sep 06 2018, 22:57

Well just to be on the safe side I went for not one but two walks today. I confess I have some catching up to do, I wasn't walking as much during the heat and the arteries and also the muscles in my legs have been doing some complaining. I try to get out most days except when it is raining too much. Although she slowed down a lot towards the end (but then she was over 90) my mother would have agreed. It probably had something to do with how she got that old.

A few days back I met another old dear and despite having arthritis and at least one joint replacement she accompanied me for quite a long way, albeit slowly and with a cane. That's the way to do it!
    Jan1
    Jan1

Adults at risk from lack of exercise ! Empty Re: Adults at risk from lack of exercise !

Post by Jan1 Tue Jan 22 2019, 17:52

I first posted this last September, but in case you missed it:

Apparently …

"More than a billion adults around the world are at risk of serious disease through lack of exercise, a study has shown.
    Investigators found that in 2016 more than a quarter of the global population – 1.4 billion people – were insufficiently active.
    As a result, they faced an increased risk of heart and artery disease, Type 2 diabetes, dementia, and some cancers.

The research conducted by the World Health Organisation shows there was little progress in improving physical activity levels between 2001 and 2016."  **

For me I find walking is a good way to exercise but in the winter months with cooler days and shorter days (don't you just hate dark afternoons!) perhaps it's not always as easy as the warmer spring and summer months. The funny thing is once the coat and shoes are on and you are out and about you are so pleased you made the effort - well I am  Smile

Many may go down the gym or to the local leisure centre, and I know our local centre has a wide variety of different classes and course.

So perhaps it's a case of putting your best foot forward and get a bit of exercise ...
    Just a thought ...

All the best Jan

**  link to original article here
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/fitness/a-billion-adults-at-risk-from-lack-of-exercise/ar-BBMT5nI?ocid=spartandhp
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon May 13 2019, 19:43

Adults at risk from lack of exercise ! Garden6

Isn't this a nice time of year …
    Perfect for enjoying a walk and getting some exercise  Smile 

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 10:20