THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Does anybody know anything about the HONcode standard for trustworthy health

OldTech
    OldTech

Male Posts : 81

Does anybody know anything about the HONcode standard for trustworthy health Empty Does anybody know anything about the HONcode standard for trustworthy health

Post by OldTech Fri Aug 15 2014, 04:56

I just saw this on another forum and wonder what others think about it.

http://www.healthonnet.org/HONcode/Conduct.html

I am a little uneasy with it, but I do know that official health departments do monitor advice given on line and will take action if they judge that medical advice is being given 'illegally'. What I worry about is that it is an attempt to stifle concerns and questions about 'official' medical advice. I see both low carb and statins as potential targets.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Does anybody know anything about the HONcode standard for trustworthy health Empty Re: Does anybody know anything about the HONcode standard for trustworthy health

Post by mo1905 Fri Aug 15 2014, 08:27

We're not going to give specific medical advice. We may advise a possible course of action or what worked for us but this will always be backed up with a "talk to your own doc/DSN or similar.
    Xyz

Female Posts : 66

Does anybody know anything about the HONcode standard for trustworthy health Empty Re: Does anybody know anything about the HONcode standard for trustworthy health

Post by Xyz Fri Aug 15 2014, 18:18

It's a good reminder though.

We should be giving out information as our opinions, our experience, and quoting our sources if we reference a book, a website or a study.

And we definitely should NOT be giving out authoritarian medical advice or claiming medical knowledge beyond that of a normal member of the public. Unless we ARE medically qualified Smile
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Fri Aug 15 2014, 22:24

OldTech wrote:I just saw this on another forum and wonder what others think about it.

http://www.healthonnet.org/HONcode/Conduct.html

I am a little uneasy with it, but I do know that official health departments do monitor advice given on line and will take action if they judge that medical advice is being given 'illegally'. What I worry about is that it is an attempt to stifle concerns and questions about 'official' medical advice. I see both low carb and statins as potential targets.

There are some dodgy sites claiming all sorts of miraculous cures that obviously need watching, but on the other hand you have the likes of Dr Kendrick and Dr Briffa who have been voicing concerns over statins for years.

We do have a disclaimer on this forum that covers this situation.

Graham

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 22:18