THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

My Roast Spud Trip

Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Female Posts : 228

My Roast Spud Trip Empty My Roast Spud Trip

Post by Mud Island Dweller Sat Oct 04 2014, 22:25

Yesterday evening had done MAST class at the PT.
    Today walked round 2 garden centres and 2 fish shops (notice a theme of places l like) and also been pulverised by my physio.

Based on comments about spuds being careful as at between 4 and 5 hrs your bg can go up.  l did an experiment today and we went out for a late lunch at the carvery.
    I had roast beef
    6 slices of carrots
    A couple of large spoons of cauliflower
    a large spoon of cabbage
    5 roast spuds
    spoon mint sauce
    spoon of horse radish

l left about half the horseraddish and mint
    l left most of the cabbage it wasn't too hot
    Couldn't manage much of the cauli but ate about 1 spoon full.
    Ate 3 carrots
    Ate all spuds and meat

Felt ill but wanted to cram in spuds for the test even if it meant leaving out some other food.

After that we went for a walk around a garden centre and aquatic place (number 2) for me to drool over fish, l left phone in the car and lost track of time hence bloods not at 1hr.

Before first bite 15:25 = 4.4
    17:03 = 6.
    17:35 = 5.7
    18:30 = 5.6
    19:37 =5.4
    Had half mug of hot milk and some cold roast chicken and a piece of cheese (unmeasured) forgot to check time l ate it but in this time slot.
    21:33 5.8

l know that often just cause it does one thing once your body wont always do same thing second time. I think the amount of exercise l now do is a big help and also my diet outside of this test is very strict so that also makes a big difference.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

My Roast Spud Trip Empty Re: My Roast Spud Trip

Post by Paul1976 Sun Oct 05 2014, 13:48

Pretty good post prandial levels there MID after those spuds! One thing I'd suggest though is that because of the fat content of the roast spuds-you may have peaked at 5 hours or later and missed a big spike.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Mon Oct 06 2014, 10:00

Just goes to show the importance of exercise and the effects it can have on BG levels.
    Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Female Posts : 228

Post by Mud Island Dweller Mon Oct 06 2014, 13:26

Sorry forgot to reply. Well it went up after l had some food and drink l figured as it was 5hrs post meal and pretty stable and dropping it wouldn't go up much the rise there being milk/chicken and cheese.
    l am now back down in dumps as was feeling positive about the numbers. However l could say that so long as not above 6.2 within another 2 hrs l should still be happy.

Will have to have an early lunch at some point for 6hr testing. l mean if l dont peak in that time it must be good ....surely.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Mon Oct 06 2014, 13:29

Mud Island Dweller wrote:

Will have to have an early lunch at some point for 6hr testing. l mean if l dont peak in that time it must be good ....surely.

I would safely say that if at 6+ hours post prandial your readings are good, then all is good IMO. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 11:25