THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
Andy12345
Mud Island Dweller
6 posters

Neurotic or Normal

Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Female Posts : 228

Neurotic or Normal Empty Neurotic or Normal

Post by Mud Island Dweller Fri Oct 03 2014, 20:32

Is it just me if l get pins and needles l freeze and force myself to think don't be a pratt you are squashing your leg or your arm whatever. I mean l have pretty damm good blood control and am usually in an awkward position and so pins and needles are understandable but there is still a moment of "but it took at least 3 years for diagnosis and what if...." Neutral

Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Neurotic or Normal Empty Re: Neurotic or Normal

Post by Andy12345 Fri Oct 03 2014, 20:35

justifiable neurosis?
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Fri Oct 03 2014, 20:52

Mud Island Dweller wrote:Is it just me if l get pins and needles l freeze and force myself to think don't be a pratt you are squashing your leg or your arm whatever. I mean l have pretty damm good blood control and am usually in an awkward position and so pins and needles are understandable but there is still a moment of "but it took at least 3 years for diagnosis and what if...." Neutral

You might be nuts, and if so, so am I. I get some pins and needles or a sharp pain in a foot and think, hello, is the start of the complications grief. It's fear, and fear can keep us on the straight and narrow, fear keeps a soldier alive, no fear and you don't live too long. Controlling fear is what makes the difference.
    Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Female Posts : 228

Post by Mud Island Dweller Fri Oct 03 2014, 21:20

Phew and yes l never thought of that.....as Brian used to say
    There are old pilots
    there are bold pilots
    There are no old bold pilots

I feel better for that thanks l was worrying l was getting neurotic Very Happy
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Fri Oct 03 2014, 21:45

Now I wish I was more neurotic, because I never believe there is anything wrong with me and I usually leave things far too late.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Fri Oct 03 2014, 22:14

Mud Island Dweller wrote:Is it just me if l get pins and needles l freeze and force myself to think don't be a pratt you are squashing your leg or your arm whatever. I mean l have pretty damm good blood control and am usually in an awkward position and so pins and needles are understandable but there is still a moment of "but it took at least 3 years for diagnosis and what if...." Neutral

Know were your coming from, after my initial diagnosis and when I read about all the possible complications I got a bit paranoid and every ache and pain had me thinking was it down to diabetes, I soon got over it though when I realised keeping blood sugars under control was the key to avoiding complications.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Mon Oct 06 2014, 12:35

That's also a problem with the internet. Such a fantastic tool but if you start Googling aches, pains or symptoms, you can get some scary answers ! Also, in my experience, there isn't much that isn't somehow related to diabetes. I agree though, good control and exercise are key.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 08:37