THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Very Confused

Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Female Posts : 228

Very Confused Empty Very Confused

Post by Mud Island Dweller Fri Oct 03 2014, 09:04

So where l am staying is 2 other locums both want to loose weight. One of them has just signed up with aloe products as a "distributor" and talked the other one into their special diet and signed her up as a distributor.
    I explained LFHC weight lost etc etc but they do not get it instead paying about £100 for a 9 day meal/detox deal including bea pollen or something and shakes all sorts of crud. Oh and then there is the follow on diet they go on to "keep weight off" not cheap either. both are worrying as it is near starvation levels and how will they cope.

The saffa one keeps telling me she can not diet she has tried before so thats why she wont do lchf... hello and you just spent £100 on crud!!. l keep saying it is not a diet but a change of eating. She keeps saying she isnt hungry just not able to resist shoving food in her mouth.
    Oh and "it" never worked before...l asked what she ate when she did lchf as probably not enough fat and when cornered it wasnt lchf but slimmers world FFS!

So l am still confused she is going to eat very sweet crud to loose weight on a diet which she is unable to stick to and flatly refuses low carb. l told her to contact me when it fails... was not a popular comment and l do not care.

Anyhow other one tells me she got speaking to a client about eating and her dietician was telling her some "crazy idea about eating fat and she is a t2 diabetic"
    At which point friend explains all l had said to her about insulin release, how lchf works and said trust me do it l have seen it in action. The lady's face cleared said it made excellent sense at last and she was going to.

I sometimes wonder what world l inhabit..2 refuse to do lchf as "wont/cant/dont want to"
    both want to loose weight,and neither have much money.
    So they are paying a fortune for a high carb diet aid when they can do a cheap proven lchf. ....
    One spent some time explaining how lchf worked and what it does and how good it is.

Someone tell me that their thinking is well are they thinking? Shocked
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Very Confused Empty Re: Very Confused

Post by mo1905 Fri Oct 03 2014, 14:15

It's so frustrating when people you know won't listen and fall for these fad diets. Trouble is, a lot of people want a quick easy fix and there isn't unfortunately. Losing weight and getting fitter can certainly be done but no magic pills ! Perhaps if we started charging £100 for a low carb diet people may try it lol !