THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

New low carb restaurant Paleo Canteen to open in Glasgow

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

New low carb restaurant Paleo Canteen to open in Glasgow  Empty New low carb restaurant Paleo Canteen to open in Glasgow

Post by graham64 Sun Sep 03 2017, 21:59

Don't reckon the Angry Chef would be welcome here well maybe with a Glasgow Kiss  Twisted Evil

TRYING to keep your diet in check?

Well look no further than Paleo Canteen; a new low carb restaurant opening in Glasgow from tomorrow.

The main principle of a paleo diet is to go back to the way of our ancestors and depend on all-natural foods to survive.

And now Glasgow's gluten free venue is set to launch within King Tuts based at St Vincent Street on Monday.

Paleo Canteen promises to make your diet a bit more exciting with a varied menu of light bites, salads, bowls and even dessert.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/15511887.New_low_carb_restaurant_Paleo_Canteen__to_open_in_Glasgow__/
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

New low carb restaurant Paleo Canteen to open in Glasgow  Empty Re: New low carb restaurant Paleo Canteen to open in Glasgow

Post by Jan1 Mon Sep 04 2017, 12:52

I do hope this venture goes well, the menu sounds good with chicken broth, aubergine curry, chicken skewers and grilled meat being on it Smile

Maybe a chain of these restaurants might develop?

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

New low carb restaurant Paleo Canteen to open in Glasgow  Empty Re: New low carb restaurant Paleo Canteen to open in Glasgow

Post by graham64 Mon Sep 04 2017, 22:35

Jan1 wrote:I do hope this venture goes well, the menu sounds good with chicken broth, aubergine curry, chicken skewers and grilled meat being on it Smile

Maybe a chain of these restaurants might develop?

All the best Jan

Yes one on every High Street would be good Cool  but sadly I can't see that happening  Sad
    Puff8370

New low carb restaurant Paleo Canteen to open in Glasgow  Empty Happy Days!

Post by Puff8370 Wed Sep 06 2017, 08:36

Life is good! A new 'Low Carb' eatery AND a new Tim Hortons coffee shop, in Glasgow? woo, woo!

clap clap clap
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Wed Sep 06 2017, 17:26

Hello Puff - welcome to the Forum.

The new low carb / paleo eatery in Glasgow does sound good.

I have to admit I'm not a big coffee drinker and hadn't heard of Tim Hortons Embarassed

But thanks to Mr Google, I see this chain is big in the US and Canada ...

According to a report in the Scottish Sun:
    "The company was founded in Ontario in 1964 by Canadian hockey player Tim Horton, who named the business after himself and now has 4,500 stores worldwide but there are none in Europe.

Gruprit Dhaliwal, chief operating officer of Tim Hortons UK, said: “We’ve witnessed Tim Hortons’ phenomenal success in Canada, and wanted to replicate this in Great Britain.

“It’s hard to explain just how important Tim Hortons is to Canadians, it’s not just a restaurant, it’s a way of life and a place of ‘home’, and we’re positive Great Britain will fall in love with the brand.”
    One of the best known hot drinks you can order at Tim Hortons is a double double.

Go into any Tim Hortons restaurant and order a double double you will be presented with what looks like a regular coffee.

But what makes its special it that it contains two creams and two sugars – double the regular amount.
    another one of its most famous products will also be on sale – doughnuts.

But not only do they sell regular shaped doughnuts, they also sell little bite sized ones called ‘Timbits’
    These are meant to represent the middle part of a doughnut that is cut out to make the ring shape.
    And not only are they easy to eat, they also come in a variety of flavours such as apple fritter, honey dip, chocolate glazed and sour cream glazed."

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/918053/tim-hortons-coffee-glasgow-scotland-opening/

Not too sure about the carb content in Tim Hortons Timbits, although I'm sure they would taste delicious.

For those who may prefer a low carb version of 'donut holes' (timbits) Marye has a good recipe, and you can see it here
    https://www.lowcarb-ology.com/low-carb-donut-holes/

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Wed Sep 06 2017, 22:10

Puff8370 wrote:Life is good! A new 'Low Carb' eatery AND a new Tim Hortons coffee shop, in Glasgow? woo, woo!

clap clap clap

Hi Puff welcome  Very Happy

Lucky you having the new LC cafe in the vicinity  mrgreen if you try it let us know if it comes up to expectations  Question
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Sep 06 2017, 23:39

So not Mars Bars deep fried in coconut oil then?
    Puff8370

Post by Puff8370 Thu Sep 07 2017, 08:43

Hello all,

Never ever seen a deep fried Mars bar, Chris. Never been to a chippy that sells them either, I'm afraid. Just the thought of it, raises my blood sugars! Smile

Hi Graham64, although I come from Glasgow originally, I now live on the east side of the country, just outside Edinburgh. But my good lady and I venture into Glasgow now and then, for a browse, so I've got a visit to it on my list of things to do.

Hi Jan1, I used to live in Canada and frequented the shop on a daily basis, but just for the coffee, not the double-double or the doughnuts! I used to send bags of the Coffee home, via the RAF, for friends who had moved back to the UK and were having withdrawal symptoms! bounce bounce bounce
    There was a Canadian 'National Scandal' a couple of years ago, when the chain was being sold to 'Nestle'. They, apparently, had to promise not to mess with the blend.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Thu Sep 07 2017, 22:47

Hi again Puff, I've never visited Glasgow and doubt I will but hope the LC cafe is successful then maybe others across the UK will follow suit 

I used to visit friends in the borders on a regular basis but these days it's not really an option due to one of them sadly passing I did however enjoy my times there when we toured the west coast and a visit from Oban by ferry to Iona was a highlight for me

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 04:44