THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+4
mo1905
graham64
Jan1
Two Collies
8 posters

New Practice Nurse (and collie)

Two Collies
    Two Collies

Male Posts : 133

New Practice Nurse (and collie) Empty New Practice Nurse (and collie)

Post by Two Collies Wed Oct 01 2014, 11:53

Just had a D review with the new practice nurse. Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Exclamation
    Lipids :-OK under 4 but didn't go into breakdown ( I had them from "bloods"l printout!)
    HbA1c :- dangerously low @ below 6 ! WTF!affraid  Couldn't justify but It's advice from "learned researchers" Twisted Evil
    Can I hand write BG in a diary as she doesn't "get on" with computers Evil or Very Mad  NO I will do a printout summary as with with my stroke injury "I don't do writing" for lazy P.N.s
    Kidney function is low ( actually improving!)
    So I'll carry on relying on surgery for scripts alone, not sensible advice! Rolling Eyes

To top it all my Collie pup was so excited to see me back intact that SHE wee'd in my boot STANDING UP Rolling Eyes
    (I don't remember teaching her THAT!) Good aim. all in the boot, none or the patio! cheers
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

New Practice Nurse (and collie) Empty Re: New Practice Nurse (and collie)

Post by Jan1 Wed Oct 01 2014, 15:48

Good to hear about your good figures.   sunny

Certainly made me smile to hear about your Collie pup.  Smile

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Wed Oct 01 2014, 22:37

Two Collies wrote:Just had a D review with the new practice nurse. Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Exclamation
    Lipids :-OK under 4 but didn't go into breakdown ( I had them from "bloods"l printout!)
    HbA1c :- dangerously low @ below 6 ! WTF!affraid  Couldn't justify but It's advice from "learned researchers" Twisted Evil
    Can I hand write BG in a diary as she doesn't "get on" with computers Evil or Very Mad  NO I will do a printout summary as with with my stroke injury "I don't do writing" for lazy P.N.s
    Kidney function is low ( actually improving!)
    So I'll carry on relying on surgery for scripts alone, not sensible advice! Rolling Eyes

To top it all my Collie pup was so excited to see me back intact that SHE wee'd in my boot STANDING UP Rolling Eyes
    (I don't remember teaching her THAT!) Good aim. all in the boot, none or the patio! cheers

So if your A1c is dangerously low according to your PN it should be flagged up by the lab which I know will not be the case, as your not on meds you should be in no more danger than a non-diabetic. I've read about T1s being told their A1c is to low but your the first T2 I've seen being told.

WTF indeed Shocked
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Thu Oct 02 2014, 09:15

Your HbA1C seems dangerously good to me rather than low ! What is it they actually want ? Also, need video of your dog next time lol !
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 209

Post by Dillinger Thu Oct 02 2014, 09:50

That's great about your collie; my children can't pee as accurately as that!

On the 'dangerously low' bit I agree, if your definition of 'danger' is being less likely to come to harm. If it's not then that is laughable.

It is, I think, the ghost of the gone but not forgotten ACCORD study; which showed that if you give high risk heart patients drugs for their diabetes that are shown to cause heart attacks then they will have more heart attacks. This is then used by HCPs who don't know what they are doing to justify why their diabetic patients are failing to normalize their blood sugars.

I'm being a bit flippant but that's essentially true; see the arguments for low carbing post here.

A little knowledge etc., etc.,

Best

Dillinger
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Thu Oct 02 2014, 10:00

Well, I'm trying hard to get my HbA1c reading to be as dangerously low as yours!
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Thu Oct 02 2014, 12:00

The thing that worries me most with all of this is that I'm probably gonna have to let my A1c rise next year just so I can keep my driving Licence when it's up for renewal!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad bounce
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Thu Oct 02 2014, 13:52

Get a bunch of diabetics who have been morbidly obese for years. All with long term very poor blood glucose control. Many with known heart defects and other serious diabetic complications. Ply them with up to four type two medications and insulin, to ram down BG numbers. When they start dropping like fly's abandon the trial and spread the word, aggressive lowering of BG numbers is dangerous.

This gives the spreaders of misinformation and doom and gloom merchants something to confuse newbies with on diabetes forums and blogs. Of course no mention of diet and change of life style to reverse what many believe to be a lifestyle modern disease. This charade was called the ACCORD trial.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Thu Oct 02 2014, 16:35

Paul wrote:The thing that worries me most with all of this is that I'm probably gonna have to let my A1c rise next year just so I can keep my driving Licence when it's up for renewal!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad bounce

I had same problem last year. My HbA1C was 41. My consultant pretty much said I must be having regular hypo's to achieve such a low number. I told her I wasn't but my driving license is pretty much in her hands. Currently in the process of renewing again as I have LGV so it's an annual worry for me too ! Difficult situation.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 11:44