THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Let them eat cake...

Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Let them eat cake... Empty Let them eat cake...

Post by Paul1976 Sun Sep 28 2014, 14:48

A video on 'Healthy' eating From DUK the charity...

We're doing this all wrong guys!! "Apparently" all we need to be doing is cutting the fat off our meats,using '1Kcal' franken spray oil and putting fruit into our cakes instead of sugar!!  Twisted Evil

Doesn't seem to be working too well for the Woman in the video me thinks! Oh Dear! affraid

zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Let them eat cake... Empty Re: Let them eat cake...

Post by zand Sun Sep 28 2014, 14:51

Yep that's the sort of diet that made me fat in the first place! Rolling Eyes
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sun Sep 28 2014, 14:58

zand wrote:Yep that's the sort of diet that made me fat in the first place! Rolling Eyes

Agreed and I suspect the same was true for many of us but hey ho-as long as the low fat food industry and big Pharma are happy and making a fortune then us diabetics and the poor struggling NHS are cannon fodder. Evil or Very Mad
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Mon Sep 29 2014, 17:15

......sort of on topic !

Let them eat cake, a nice slice of low carb one of course! Note to myself *Must put some recipes on the Forum *

You may have been to one, or got involved in, The MacMillan Nurses Coffee / Cake Mornings that are always held at this time of year. They are for a good cause, even my bank held one but it was sandwiches and sugary cakes that although looked nice I chose to give them a miss - just put money in the collection tins.

Did anyone else go to one?

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09 2024, 22:25