THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Why Won’t We Tell Diabetics the Truth?

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Why Won’t We Tell Diabetics the Truth? Empty Why Won’t We Tell Diabetics the Truth?

Post by Jan1 Mon Jan 09 2017, 11:07

I saw this article on Robb Wolf's blog. It is written by Diana Rodgers RD

Why Won’t We Tell Diabetics the Truth? Are-We-Failing-Diabetics-2

"I’m appalled constantly at the misinformation we nutrition experts are telling folks with diabetes. It’s all over the place. The “everything in moderation” mantra, and how we need to eat less meat, less fat, and more whole grains, is a pervasive theme drilled into young dietitians, and spread to the public through our dietary guidelines. This information is making people sick.

Last week, the following ad popped up in my Facebook newsfeed several times for “10 Foods That Are Great For Diabetics“. (This click bait article is also making the rounds on several other sites.) Here are the foods: dates, berries, garlic, flax seeds, apples, broccoli, oats, melons, kale and barley. Now, I don’t think that kale is BAD, but this list is like telling alcoholics to drink a little more orange juice or sprinkle some chia seeds into their martini and omitting the fact that they need to stop drinking booze. "

Why Won’t We Tell Diabetics the Truth? Screen-Shot-2016-12-30-at-10.54.35-AM-734x800

In our quest to avoid the truth and focus on individual super foods that will save us, this post is telling diabetics that dates are so amazing because 7 of them provide 4g of fiber. They forgot to mention that 7 dates equals 126g of carbs with no fat, so that’s pretty much like a syringe of sugar shot directly into your blood if eaten on an empty stomach. None of these top 10 lists had protein, and the only fat was flax seeds (for their omega-3’s) but what about fatty fish or fish oil, which is much more bioavailable? Why aren’t we instead telling them to avoid excess carbohydrates, because the last time I checked, you can actually reduce blood sugar by… not eating sugar!

Continue reading here
    http://robbwolf.com/2017/01/05/why-wont-we-tell-diabetics-the-truth/

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Why Won’t We Tell Diabetics the Truth? Empty Re: Why Won’t We Tell Diabetics the Truth?

Post by chris c Mon Jan 09 2017, 23:37

The great Catherine Collins (well in width if not in intellect) says that diabetics should eat more fruit to avoid amputations. If she had half a clue she'd be listing non-fruit sources of vitamin C.

Reminds me a bit of this

While I'm there

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 14:15