THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

The reason we fight for the cause.

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

The reason we fight for the cause. Empty The reason we fight for the cause.

Post by Eddie Sun Jan 08 2017, 20:04

It must be obvious to almost all, our little team enjoys blogging, we have been doing so for over eight years on various sites. Every now and again we get a comment that really fires us up, and motivates us to work harder for the cause. This comment came in yesterday.

"I'm a low carber. My Dr got me started for my diabetes, high blood pressure and advancing kidney disease. I have been eating low carb for a year and 2 months now, I've lost 115.8 lbs. I'm no longer classified as a diabetic, I no longer have high blood pressure and my kidney profile is now normal. I don't do a lot of exercise, but I do walk about 1 1/2 to 2 miles a day. When I started, I had to use a mobility scooter. I turned 62 a month after I started the life change. I'm 63 now and healthier than I was at 33. I love your blog and recipes. Thank you." Diane Wesson

As you have read, a lady going from a very poor place, and suffering very serious health problems, to almost being reborn. I defy anyone, including medical professionals, to tell me this could have been achieved in any other way, other than a low carb diet, or as we prefer to say low carb lifestyle. Diets imply a temporary change, to maintain a life long change, the changes have to be made for life. No drugs would ever have achieved the fantastic turnaround Diane has made in her health.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

The reason we fight for the cause. Empty Re: The reason we fight for the cause.

Post by graham64 Sun Jan 08 2017, 22:25

Eddie wrote:It must be obvious to almost all, our little team enjoys blogging, we have been doing so for over eight years on various sites. Every now and again we get a comment that really fires us up, and motivates us to work harder for the cause. This comment came in yesterday.

"I'm a low carber. My Dr got me started for my diabetes, high blood pressure and advancing kidney disease. I have been eating low carb for a year and 2 months now, I've lost 115.8 lbs. I'm no longer classified as a diabetic, I no longer have high blood pressure and my kidney profile is now normal. I don't do a lot of exercise, but I do walk about 1 1/2 to 2 miles a day. When I started, I had to use a mobility scooter. I turned 62 a month after I started the life change. I'm 63 now and healthier than I was at 33. I love your blog and recipes. Thank you." Diane Wesson

As you have read, a lady going from a very poor place, and suffering very serious health problems, to almost being reborn. I defy anyone, including medical professionals, to tell me this could have been achieved in any other way, other than a low carb diet, or as we prefer to say low carb lifestyle. Diets imply a temporary change, to maintain a life long change, the changes have to be made for life. No drugs would ever have achieved the fantastic turnaround Diane has made in her health.

We've seen many others achieving sustained improvements through low carb but still the anti's are in denial claiming it's only anecdotal. 

The one thing I've yet to see is stories of diabetes reversal by following the so called evidence based dietary guidelines constantly spouted by dietitians and other HCP's doubt we will ever see any either
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Jan 08 2017, 23:08

graham64 wrote:
    The one thing I've yet to see is stories of diabetes reversal by following the so called evidence based dietary guidelines constantly spouted by dietitians and other HCP's doubt we will ever see any either

Well you're not meant to! Reversal of diabetes is "inappropriate", didn't you get the memo?
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Mon Jan 09 2017, 21:25

chris c wrote:Well you're not meant to! Reversal of diabetes is "inappropriate", didn't you get the memo?

Oops my bad Embarassed I should have mentioned the lady in question Diane had inappropriately reversed her diabetes and she's a very naughty girl
    Derek
    Derek

Post by Derek Mon Jan 09 2017, 22:41

Its a case of "I don't wish to know that, kindly leave the surgery!"
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon Jan 09 2017, 23:42

Yeah, people have been inappropriately reversing their diabetes to my knowledge for about 14 years now, thousands of them in places like the ADA Forum but have the ADA noticed?

If they wanted to they could have studied these "just anecdotes" and had 14 years of data by now, instead they just bleat about there being "insufficient evidence".

The likes of Richard Bernstein and people who were diagnosed back in pre-HCLF days go back even further of course.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Tue Jan 10 2017, 21:58

chris c wrote:Yeah, people have been inappropriately reversing their diabetes to my knowledge for about 14 years now, thousands of them in places like the ADA Forum but have the ADA noticed?

If they wanted to they could have studied these "just anecdotes" and had 14 years of data by now, instead they just bleat about there being "insufficient evidence".

The likes of Richard Bernstein and people who were diagnosed back in pre-HCLF days go back even further of course.

Hardly likely to study the anecdotes when there are vested interests to consider, multinational food companies and big pharma would not be happy in a change of (beneficial to them that is) dietary guidelines.

The good news is the likes of the ADA are coming under ever increasing scrutiny
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Jan 11 2017, 23:08

Anyone hear what this is about?

drmalcolmkendrick.org’s DNS address could not be found.

Censored or just forgot to pay the bill?
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Thu Jan 12 2017, 21:50

chris c wrote:Anyone hear what this is about?

drmalcolmkendrick.org’s DNS address could not be found.

Censored or just forgot to pay the bill?

Well, I just tried and it's still saying 'could not be found' Question

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Thu Jan 12 2017, 22:20

Just seen this on Zoe Harcombe's twitter feed:

Dr Zoe Harcombe, PhD ‏[ltr]@zoeharcombe[/ltr]  57m[size=1]57 minutes ago[/size]
    Many thanks to @SamFeltham & the person who let us know @malcolmken 's site was down. We alerted MK & his hosting co. has sorted it :-)
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Thu Jan 12 2017, 22:25

graham64 wrote:Just seen this on Zoe Harcombe's twitter feed:

Dr Zoe Harcombe, PhD ‏

[ltr]@zoeharcombe[/ltr]

57m[size=1]57 minutes ago[/size]
    Many thanks to @SamFeltham & the person who let us know @malcolmken 's site was down. We alerted MK & his hosting co. has sorted it :-)

Thanks for this Graham ... I've just tried it again and it's still down, but hopefully they will sort it soon.
    Interestingly Eddie has just told me that after reading Chris's post last night he tried it and did get on it ... although he can't now! So maybe maintenance is ongoing...

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Jan 13 2017, 21:13

Weird stuff happening! I got kicked offline and my router failed to reconnect automagically as it usually does. Tried rebooting and failed twice. Shut it down for ten minutes and tried again, and I was back online, and so was Malcolm Kendrick.

Maybe Donald Trump is hacking, getting ready to invade Bradford. There've been Apaches flying around here the last few days.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Fri Jan 13 2017, 22:29

Conspiracy theories  Wink I love em but maybe there could be a wholegrain of truth behind them  Cool
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Jan 14 2017, 23:34

Yeah it's not really the Russians but the CIA PRETENDING to be Russians.

I've noticed a few other websites disappearing and reappearing too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 13:00