THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

More RD stupidity from Joslin

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

More RD stupidity from Joslin Empty More RD stupidity from Joslin

Post by graham64 Thu Dec 22 2016, 22:11

The Truth About the So-Called "Diabetes Diet"

Despite all the publicity surrounding new research and new nutrition guidelines, some people with diabetes still believe that there is something called a "diabetic diet." For some, this so-called diet consists of avoiding sugar, while others believe it to be a strict way of eating that controls glucose. Unfortunately, neither are quite right.

The "diabetes diet" is not something that people with type 1 or type 2 diabetes should be following. "That just simply isn't how meal planning works today for patients with diabetes," says Amy Campbell, MS, RD, LDN, CDE, a nutritionist at Joslin and co-author of 16 Myths of a Diabetic Diet.

"The important message is that with proper education and within the context of healthy eating, a person with diabetes can eat anything a person without diabetes eats," Campbell states.

More here: http://www.joslin.org/info/the_truth_about_the_so-called_diabetes_diet.html

This quote was of particular of interest to me as a slim diabetic with a need to keep calorie intake high

Stupid RD wrote:
    For example, a 6' 2" tall man with diabetes who weighs 180 pounds and wants to maintain his current weight might be told he could eat 350 grams of carbohydrate spread out over the day. His goal would be to spread those grams out over the course of the day so that he doesn't send his blood glucose too high at any one time. If he is taking insulin or oral diabetes medication, he might also have to manage when he eats his carbohydrate in such a way that there is enough sugar from his meals in his bloodstream when his medication is working its hardest.

Well 350 carbs a day would certainly maintain my weight but not send my BG high  Rolling Eyes good grief what do they classify as high  freakout
    chris c
    chris c

More RD stupidity from Joslin Empty Re: More RD stupidity from Joslin

Post by chris c Thu Dec 22 2016, 22:27

Jeez, if I ate 350 grams carbs where would I find time to eat any nutrition? Oh wait I'd be dead already so no need.

Calling them clueless fuckwits would be a slur on other clueless fuckwits.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Thu Dec 22 2016, 22:43

chris c wrote:Jeez, if I ate 350 grams carbs where would I find time to eat any nutrition? Oh wait I'd be dead already so no need.

Calling them clueless fuckwits would be a slur on other clueless fuckwits.

Exacterly on the present guidelines that's around the amount of carbs I would have to consume but hey they are highly qualified dietitians 

Let drugs be thy medicine  Cool
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon Dec 26 2016, 22:07

Takes me about a week to eat that many carbs.

Along with the recently tweeted crap about athletes needing 400+ g carbs/day when doing low levels of exercise, I wonder if the increasing use of low carb is causing hurt to the grain industry and these eejits are coming out to defend it.

Malcolm Kendrick wrote something like "the Cholesterolosaurus is dead but is still running around" The same is currently true of HCLF.

How do they explain Chris Froome not only still being alive but still winning races? - and a whole bunch of other athletes etc. How do they explain that the Queen is still alive at 90? Oh wait, of course, they must be lying about their diet and are eating carbs in secret.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Tue Dec 27 2016, 21:58

For example, a 6' 2" tall man with diabetes who weighs 180 pounds and wants to maintain his current weight might be told he could eat 350 grams of carbohydrate spread out over the day. His goal would be to spread those grams out over the course of the day so that he doesn't send his blood glucose too high at any one time. If he is taking insulin or oral diabetes medication, he might also have to manage when he eats his carbohydrate in such a way that there is enough sugar from his meals in his bloodstream when his medication is working its hardest.

The more I read this it becomes apparent the dietitians should come with hazard warning, there's approximately 15 to 20% of T2's that are not overweight at diagnosis and the only answer for them is eat loads of carbs according to this bullshit, are they trying to kill us off  Shocked
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Dec 28 2016, 22:37

I actually suspect they are. No other explanation fits the facts.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11 2024, 22:47