THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Cholesterol Capers - the damaging lunacy of the Diet-Heart Hypothesis

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Cholesterol Capers - the damaging lunacy of the Diet-Heart Hypothesis Empty Cholesterol Capers - the damaging lunacy of the Diet-Heart Hypothesis

Post by graham64 Fri Oct 21 2016, 22:03

Just come across this I've yet to watch it myself will catch up later, it's a French film but it's subtitled 

chris c
    chris c

Cholesterol Capers - the damaging lunacy of the Diet-Heart Hypothesis Empty Re: Cholesterol Capers - the damaging lunacy of the Diet-Heart Hypothesis

Post by chris c Fri Oct 21 2016, 23:39

Wow, that was brilliant! Especially seeing so many people whose names we know from elsewhere.

It was a bit long though. I had to stop half way through and eat an oatcake slathered with runny cheese (Vacheron d'Or)
    graham64
    graham64

Cholesterol Capers - the damaging lunacy of the Diet-Heart Hypothesis Empty Re: Cholesterol Capers - the damaging lunacy of the Diet-Heart Hypothesis

Post by graham64 Sat Oct 22 2016, 23:58

chris c wrote:Wow, that was brilliant! Especially seeing so many people whose names we know from elsewhere.

It was a bit long though. I had to stop half way through and eat an oatcake slathered with runny cheese (Vacheron d'Or)

Though I've yet to view the video your comment reflects the opinions of others I read hence the reason for posting without watching it, I will be watching tomorrow night and don't think I will be disappointed with the content

Meanwhile for more entertainment over at dietitians fantasy Island Ally is getting her knickers in a twist 

Cholesterol Capers - the damaging lunacy of the Diet-Heart Hypothesis Capture%2Bcashin3

Think we all know the answer to that now don't we  Exclamation
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Sun Oct 23 2016, 20:08

graham64 wrote:
    chris c wrote:Wow, that was brilliant! Especially seeing so many people whose names we know from elsewhere.

Though I've yet to view the video your comment reflects the opinions of others I read hence the reason for posting without watching it, I will be watching tomorrow night and don't think I will be disappointed with the content

Meanwhile for more entertainment over at dietitians fantasy Island Ally is getting her knickers in a twist 

Cholesterol Capers - the damaging lunacy of the Diet-Heart Hypothesis Capture%2Bcashin3

One of her latest tweets

Cholesterol Capers - the damaging lunacy of the Diet-Heart Hypothesis Cashin%2Brant%2B99

This did not stop her handing out advice under various pseudo names, until we outed her. Eight years on and still lurking around pushing a totally failed agenda. Got to feel sorry for her really, she is getting on a bit to get a real life. Anyone know why she is out of the BDA? did they boot her out?

She made an official complaint to this forum, the only official complaint we have received. Evidently the admin dealt with it, whoever he is affraid
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sun Oct 23 2016, 22:33

Eddie wrote:
    graham64 wrote:

One of her latest tweets

Cholesterol Capers - the damaging lunacy of the Diet-Heart Hypothesis Cashin%2Brant%2B99

This did not stop her handing out advice under various pseudo names, until we outed her. Eight years on and still lurking around pushing a totally failed agenda. Got to feel sorry for her really, she is getting on a bit to get a real life. Anyone know why she is out of the BDA? did they boot her out?

She made an official complaint to this forum, the only official complaint we have received. Evidently the admin dealt with it, whoever he is affraid  

You will remember as Ally5555 on the DCUK she had a habit of stalking members as she also did with Dr Briffa, now another of her twits tweets she shows just what a hypocrite she really is

Cholesterol Capers - the damaging lunacy of the Diet-Heart Hypothesis Capture%2Beddie
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Mon Oct 24 2016, 14:03

Registered dietitian Chris Cashin has mental capacity questioned.

We have received a complaint to our Low Carb Diabetic forum, un-signed. I presume the complaint was made by Chris Cashin aka Ally5555. Evidently I have suggested she has a mental illness. It would appear Chris Cashin does not know the difference between a statement and a question. To make her complaint even more ridiculous, the question was asked by a person who has never been a member of our forum, namely, the well known low carb expert Ivor Cummins.

Cholesterol Capers - the damaging lunacy of the Diet-Heart Hypothesis Screenshot%2B2016-10-24%2Bat%2B11.59.41

Graham had posted on our forum a screen-shot of a tweet made by Ivor on twitter, asking Chris Cashin a question. So, for absolute total clarity, Chris Cashins mental state has not been questioned here, end of!

The complaint talks of harassment, I find it ludicrous that a person who has harassed countless people in the past, with her dire warnings re the low carb diet, yet never offered any constructive criticism based on science.

The complainant talks of my criticism of her and other dietitians. I have every right to criticise anyone, as they can criticise me. Let us not forget, Cashin has spent years criticising our way of life, and the way we successfully control our diabetes. Always negative and never any sound argument put forward. The screen-shot below was posted by the highly respected Doctor Katharine Morrison a low carb expert, a mod at the time on the diabetes.co.uk forum. It sums up the aforementioned dietitian perfectly, and seven years and forty-nine weeks later, nothing appears to have changed.

Cholesterol Capers - the damaging lunacy of the Diet-Heart Hypothesis Morrison%2Bduk%2Bpost

Link to above comment here.  http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/had-my-first-appointment-with-the-diabetic-dietician-today.4666/page-4#post-34704

Maybe Chris Cashin would care to join the Low Carb Diabetic forum, and enthral us with her acumen, I suspect hell will freeze over before that happens. So many times we have seen in the past, people who have so much to say on social media, but when questioned or criticised, they press the block or ban button and play the victim card.

Eddie
    Derek
    Derek

Post by Derek Mon Oct 24 2016, 18:45

Hi Eddie,
    I have realized since I stopped working nearly 17 years ago what we termed banter whilst I was at work. Given and taken. Is now referred to as "bullying" , so one has to be careful.
    Derek

Eddie wrote:
    Registered dietitian Chris Cashin has mental capacity questioned.

We have received a complaint to our Low Carb Diabetic forum, un-signed. I presume the complaint was made by Chris Cashin aka Ally5555. Evidently I have suggested she has a mental illness. It would appear Chris Cashin does not know the difference between a statement and a question. To make her complaint even more ridiculous, the question was asked by a person who has never been a member of our forum, namely, the well known low carb expert Ivor Cummins.

Cholesterol Capers - the damaging lunacy of the Diet-Heart Hypothesis Screenshot%2B2016-10-24%2Bat%2B11.59.41

Graham had posted on our forum a screen-shot of a tweet made by Ivor on twitter, asking Chris Cashin a question. So, for absolute total clarity, Chris Cashins mental state has not been questioned here, end of!

The complaint talks of harassment, I find it ludicrous that a person who has harassed countless people in the past, with her dire warnings re the low carb diet, yet never offered any constructive criticism based on science.

The complainant talks of my criticism of her and other dietitians. I have every right to criticise anyone, as they can criticise me. Let us not forget, Cashin has spent years criticising our way of life, and the way we successfully control our diabetes. Always negative and never any sound argument put forward. The screen-shot below was posted by the highly respected Doctor Katharine Morrison a low carb expert, a mod at the time on the diabetes.co.uk forum. It sums up the aforementioned dietitian perfectly, and seven years and forty-nine weeks later, nothing appears to have changed.

Cholesterol Capers - the damaging lunacy of the Diet-Heart Hypothesis Morrison%2Bduk%2Bpost

Link to above comment here.  http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/had-my-first-appointment-with-the-diabetic-dietician-today.4666/page-4#post-34704

Maybe Chris Cashin would care to join the Low Carb Diabetic forum, and enthral us with her acumen, I suspect hell will freeze over before that happens. So many times we have seen in the past, people who have so much to say on social media, but when questioned or criticised, they press the block or ban button and play the victim card.

Eddie
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Mon Oct 24 2016, 21:17

It would appear Cashin is either confused or a downright liar, perhaps she can provide the link to were she claims Eddie made the suggestion Question I don't expect an answer any time soon given her previous history as Ally5555 on the DCUK forum.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon Oct 24 2016, 21:47

Classic! Everyone who thinks she is mentally impaired MUST be Eddie. Er no, they are just observant. She is a disgrace to her so-called profession.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Mon Oct 24 2016, 21:54

But Dietitians do get confused Chris did you know they don't even realise veg contain carbs  Shocked

Cholesterol Capers - the damaging lunacy of the Diet-Heart Hypothesis CvZVTnwXYAQivLP
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Oct 26 2016, 21:15

Give up meat and most dieticians will praise you. Give up grains and they have a panic attack about "eliminating entire food groups"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 18:18