THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Catherine Collins British Dietetic Association Dietitian on Twitter.

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Catherine Collins British Dietetic Association Dietitian on Twitter. Empty Catherine Collins British Dietetic Association Dietitian on Twitter.

Post by Eddie Mon Oct 10 2016, 17:16

Catherine Collins British Dietetic Association Dietitian on Twitter. Collins%2Brant%2B%2Bagain

The above tweet from a dietitian, whose organisation the BDA has promoted an abysmal diet to diabetics for years. An organisation that accepts sponsorship from junk food makers. Now, Catherine is no newbie in the BDA or fresh out of University, she is a very experienced and self-styled senior dietitian with many years in the job.

I find myself asking, has she just realised, the correct diet for a type two diabetic, is the very cornerstone for safe diabetes control. If this is new to her, she has clearly not been fit for purpose for a very long time. The alternative is, she has known for a long time. That being the case, why has she promoted a high carb, high starch, high sugar diet to the most allergic to these foods? Namely diabetics.

Only asking a straight question. Hey, I almost forgot, Catherine does not like a straight question as can be seen at link. Check out the link, see how fast she runs for the hills and passes the buck onto others.

http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/british-dietetic-association.html
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Catherine Collins British Dietetic Association Dietitian on Twitter. Empty Re: Catherine Collins British Dietetic Association Dietitian on Twitter.

Post by graham64 Mon Oct 10 2016, 22:08

Eddie wrote:
    Catherine Collins British Dietetic Association Dietitian on Twitter. Collins%2Brant%2B%2Bagain

The above tweet from a dietitian, whose organisation the BDA has promoted an abysmal diet to diabetics for years. An organisation that accepts sponsorship from junk food makers. Now, Catherine is no newbie in the BDA or fresh out of University, she is a very experienced and self-styled senior dietitian with many years in the job.

I find myself asking, has she just realised, the correct diet for a type two diabetic, is the very cornerstone for safe diabetes control. If this is new to her, she has clearly not been fit for purpose for a very long time. The alternative is, she has known for a long time. That being the case, why has she promoted a high carb, high starch, high sugar diet to the most allergic to these foods? Namely diabetics.

Only asking a straight question. Hey, I almost forgot, Catherine does not like a straight question as can be seen at link. Check out the link, see how fast she runs for the hills and passes the buck onto others.

http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/british-dietetic-association.html

Would the tailored advice from Collins be based on the eat well guide as the BDA promote it in their T2 fact sheet 

Catherine Collins British Dietetic Association Dietitian on Twitter. Capture%2BBDA

The new guide shows the proportions of food groups and how much of each we should be eating daily. According to PHE these breakdown roughly into: starchy 37%; fruit/veg 39%; oils 1%; beans, pulses, meat 12%; dairy 8%; occasional foods 3%.

Best avoid BDA dietitians if you don't want a fast track route to multiple medications and T2 progression 
    chris c
    chris c

Catherine Collins British Dietetic Association Dietitian on Twitter. Empty Re: Catherine Collins British Dietetic Association Dietitian on Twitter.

Post by chris c Tue Oct 11 2016, 21:41

Obviously it ISN'T a healthy diet otherwise where did all the diabetics and obese people come from?

Mindboggling.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09 2024, 14:15