THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+5
Eddie
zand
Paul1976
mo1905
sanguine
9 posters

Results from day 1

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Results from day 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Results from day 1

Post by Jan1 Thu Nov 06 2014, 18:29

Mrs Vimes wrote:Can I show off please- just got my HbA1c, type 1 on low carb 38!!! In old money 5.6%.
    I cut out dairy and my cholesterol has also dropped to 6.8. Because my hdl is so high 2.6, no mention of Statins! My risk of heart attack/stroke is 4.6% so no need for treatment. Did have to keep explaining what low carb meant and yes Dr veg does contain carbs! And you eat chicken for breakfast? Yes sometimes fish too! (Even that I find difficult sometimes).
    And exercise lowers your sugars? Actually Dr, it depends on the type of exercise as weights will increase blood sugars!
    How many hypos have you had the past week? Well you just saw the CGM reading how many did you see? I didn't. Well there you are. Yes but how many hypos have you had in the past week? What do you define as a hypo? Anything below 3. So how many did you see on the cgm? Not many. And so it went.......
    Why low carb? Why not? Peace of mind for the first times in 23 years, no bread, pasta doughnut or ice cream comes anywhere near peace of mind that comes with a very small variation of blood sugars. Knowing that I will wake up in the morning. (Cousin died of dead in bed hypo when he was 22).
    Love this way of life!

Woooohoooooo!

Sorry wasn't around yesterday to say WELL DONE and CONGRATULATIONS sunny sunny sunny

Great news to read ...... thanks.

All the best Jan
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Thu Nov 06 2014, 18:34

Sorry, I meant to say 'Well done' yesterday, I thought I had
    Mrs Vimes
    Mrs Vimes

Female Posts : 156

Post by Mrs Vimes Thu Nov 06 2014, 19:38

Thanks Graham, Jan and Zand. Thank god for the Internet and sites like this. My only regret is that I didn't take responsibility years a go and researched it for myself. My blood sugars were never shocking but I need to thank something for allowing me to blunder through 20 odd years escaping without any complications.

Oh and thank god for the versatility of the cauliflower!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Thu Nov 06 2014, 19:55

Thank you Mrs. Vimes and thank you for your kind words last night.  If each one of us can help one diabetic and save them from the terrible diabetes complications  we hear about, we will be successful.

The very best of luck and health to you and yours.

Eddie

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 09:19