THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

Look what happens when a non diabetic eats carbs

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Look what happens when a non diabetic eats carbs Empty Look what happens when a non diabetic eats carbs

Post by Eddie Sun Sep 21 2014, 18:43

Look what happens when a non diabetic eats carbs Bloodsugar19sep-650x536

The non diabetic is Dr. Andreas Eenfeldt posted here http://www.dietdoctor.com/the-result-of-my-diabetes-lunch?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-result-of-my-diabetes-lunch

Makes you wonder what would happen to our numbers. BTW that lunch was given to him at a diabetes conference, crazy world or what.

Eddie
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Look what happens when a non diabetic eats carbs Empty Re: Look what happens when a non diabetic eats carbs

Post by Andy12345 Sun Sep 21 2014, 19:08

so would this suggest, that spikes are harmless? otherwise would non diabetics suffer complications?
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Look what happens when a non diabetic eats carbs Empty Re: Look what happens when a non diabetic eats carbs

Post by Paul1976 Sun Sep 21 2014, 19:28

The NHS would say that grub was balanced as it included a portion of fruit and it's 'Everything in moderation' remember?(Including limbs and renal function no doubt eating that junk) but yeah,over 7.8mmol IMO is not a safe place to be long term.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sun Sep 21 2014, 19:41

Andy12345 wrote:so would this suggest, that spikes are harmless? otherwise would non diabetics suffer complications?

My guess would be that this highlights a poor diet which contains QA carbs is bad for diabetics and non diabetics alike ?
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Sep 21 2014, 21:51

Andy12345 wrote:so would this suggest, that spikes are harmless? otherwise would non diabetics suffer complications?

No it does not. Non diabetic complications, heart disease, stroke, cancer, alzheimers, and many other diseases. Did you notice the Doctor is a non diabetic low carb expert ? It is not only us diabetics under threat from junk food and being lined up for big pharma reliance. When are people going to wake up ? this has all been planned, multi national food giants selling food that makes people ill, and big pharma has the antidotes, but never the cure.

Eddie
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Sun Sep 21 2014, 22:17

As this food was served up at a diabetes conference for HCPs and given the general advice for us  is to eat the same healthy diet recommended for non-diabetics should we assume crisps, twix and bananas are good for us Shocked .

It appears  Dr Andreas Eenfeldt's blood sugar graph has opened a "whole new can of worms" (or pot noodles) his BG is certainly high for a non-diabetic, what people are forgetting his diet is LC/HF so he is adapted to using fat for energy as opposed to carbs. It takes a few weeks to make the transition to LC from  a normal diet and I would suspect the reverse is true.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Sep 21 2014, 22:22

I have done BG tests on non diabetics, often their numbers are higher than mine. That being said they have eaten carby meals against 10 or 15 carbs in my meal. Check out some of your family and friends, you may be surprised by the results.

Eddie
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sun Sep 21 2014, 22:24

so all those things non diabetics suffer from and carb related? i can believe that totally, scarey stuff that not everyone i love will listen to the info Sad
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sun Sep 21 2014, 22:25

whenever i test anyone else they re always in the 6`s and my kid are on metformin so they dont count, i dont do it any more, the novelty wore off
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sun Sep 21 2014, 22:44

It's normal for a non diabetic to "spike" and get high BG levels after certain foods. The main difference is though their bodies can deal with those numbers and after 2 hrs or so they are back in the 5's or thereabouts. That's not to say a poor diet can always be tolerated with no lasting damage or complications.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Sep 21 2014, 22:53

Look how many are morbidly obese these days but never become diabetics. They do of course suffer from a huge range of 'modern diseases' If a type two or indeed any diabetic gets on the case, we can in many cases have a better long term outlook than non diabetics.

We know what we have to do to give ourselves a fighting chance, others wonder around with never a health check, never a blood test etc totally clueless to what is going down. For me and many others diabetes diagnosis was a life sentence, certainly not a death sentence.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 10:47