THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Dr Zoe Harcombe PhD - Facts About Food To Help Real Foodies Fight Back

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Dr Zoe Harcombe PhD - Facts About Food To Help Real Foodies Fight Back Empty Dr Zoe Harcombe PhD - Facts About Food To Help Real Foodies Fight Back

Post by graham64 Mon Jul 18 2016, 22:24

Published on Jul 1, 2016
    Filmed at the Public Health Collaboration Conference 2016
    ---
    Follow Dr Zoe Harcombe PhD @ https://twitter.com/zoeharcombe
    chris c
    chris c

Dr Zoe Harcombe PhD - Facts About Food To Help Real Foodies Fight Back Empty Re: Dr Zoe Harcombe PhD - Facts About Food To Help Real Foodies Fight Back

Post by chris c Thu Jul 21 2016, 22:28

Excellent!
    Wobblycogs
    Wobblycogs

Male Posts : 98

Dr Zoe Harcombe PhD - Facts About Food To Help Real Foodies Fight Back Empty Re: Dr Zoe Harcombe PhD - Facts About Food To Help Real Foodies Fight Back

Post by Wobblycogs Tue Jul 26 2016, 09:48

Thanks for that Graham.

Most illuminating. At last I have some ammunition for a certain Phd nutritionist on a hobby forum I visit. He virtually called me a liar when I claimed to be losing weight with LCHF dieting. Rolling Eyes
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Tue Jul 26 2016, 18:19

I have been following Zoe for a number of years. She is a staunch supporter of low carb for diabetics. She is very bright and can dissect a scientific paper and see through the BS and explain the paper in terms laymen can understand. She has very little time for the average dietitian, and believes the Eatwell plate and guides are a complete nonsense. On our side for sure.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Jul 27 2016, 22:47

I've been entertaining myself thumbing through back-issues of John Briffa's blog, such as here and several following posts. Chris Cashin/Chris/Ally and the esteemed Catherine Collins make several appearances. None of them demonstrating any Clue.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Thu Jul 28 2016, 16:20

Strangely soon after posting this all his archived posts seem to have disappeared.

Sadly this is still there

Hypocritical tosser! David Unwin and Jay Wortman banned as trolls along with thousands of posts, hundreds of threads and dozens of posters, all low carb, and now he claims to have invented it, and patented it. Well not quite but close.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Fri Jul 29 2016, 10:27

chris c wrote:Strangely soon after posting this all his archived posts seem to have disappeared.

Sadly this is still there

Hypocritical tosser! David Unwin and Jay Wortman banned as trolls along with thousands of posts, hundreds of threads and dozens of posters, all low carb, and now he claims to have invented it, and patented it. Well not quite but close.

They say if you live long enough, you get to see it all. "Hypocritical tosser" does not get close to describing this guy. It was Fergus, Dennis, Timo, Dr. Morrison, you, me, Graham and a few others, that put low carb on the map at the forum of flog. That was back years ago when the place had around 2000 members. Banning and railroading lowcarber's off the forum was the order of the day for years at the flog. Clearly, there must be more money to be made, by getting involved with low carb than I thought. The low carb program over there is a sham, and an exercise in extracting more confidential information, from the very often none too bright members. As he with the shiny white teeth has told us.

"One of the ways the website makes money is by charging to put organisations such as pharmaceutical companies doing medical trials in touch with forum members who have diabetes."  http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/gps-give-medical-advice-havent-9766465

This would be a great anthem for the Forum of FLOG You've Got to Pick a Pocket or Two. Stand by for the Christmas Panto with Sid playing the part of the vicious Bill Sikes and the Cherub as poor Nancy. Ya gotta larf rofl

chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Jul 30 2016, 21:52

I learned most of what I learned from the likes of Alan (loraldiabetes) and Jenny (Blood Sugar 101) and many many others, on the newsgroup alt.support.diabetes.

Exactly the same happened there, a small number of low carb antis gradually demolished the group with constant attacks. Fortunately most of the sensible ones went on to other things, both on the net and in Real Life.

I just tried to look in via Google Groups and they're still at it, most of the posts have been labelled as "abuse" and two of the low carb antis are still going strong.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 15:25