THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Almond - butter cookies!

thinestever82
    thinestever82

Female Posts : 72

Almond - butter cookies! Empty Almond - butter cookies!

Post by thinestever82 Sat Feb 20 2016, 00:33

Hi guys!

I found out the following recipe and tried it and I simply love these cookies and make the dough with the bread machine so no efforts and in no time! You must try them!!! I think that in the end can also be dipped in some dark chocolate mrgreen

http://www.cavolettodibruxelles.it/2013/07/palets-amandes-citron-no-sugar-no-gluten

RECIPE FOR ABOUT 16 COOKIES:

- 200 gr of almond flour
    - 90 g of butter or ghee
    - 2tbs of erythritol or similar sweetener
    - peel of 1 lemon
    - pinch of salt

Combine all together till well mixed and then put it in a plastic wrap making a 3 cm profound roll and cover it up all around. Put it in a freezer for 30 minutes. I put it in a fridge but wasn't so solid I would expected but was enough. Then just cut slices of about a 1 cm large and put them on a parchment paper. Bake it on 180 degrees for about 13-15 minutes till golden brown. Mine were ready at 10 minutes already. As soon as they are ready they appear too soft but don't worry. You need to leave them to cool down before putting them on a plate. When totally cooled down, become more solid and easy to handle.

Hope you will enjoy them! Me and my husband became totally addicted to them!

Last edited by thinestever82 on Sat Feb 20 2016, 14:48; edited 1 time in total
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Almond - butter cookies! Empty Re: Almond - butter cookies!

Post by Eddie Sat Feb 20 2016, 14:37

thinestever82 wrote:Hi guys!

I found out the following recipe and tried it and I simply love these cookies and make the dough with the bread machine so no efforts and in no time! You must try them!!! I think that in the end can also be dipped in some dark chocolate mrgreen

http://www.cavolettodibruxelles.it/2013/07/palets-amandes-citron-no-sugar-no-gluten

RECIPE FOR ABOUT 16 COOKIES:

- 200 gr of almond flour
    - 90 g of butter or ghee
    - 2tbs of erythritol or similar sweetener
    - peel of 1 lemon
    - pinch of salt

Combine all together till well mixed and then put it in a plastic wrap making a 3 cm profound roll and cover it up all around. Put it in a freezer for 30 minutes. I put it in a fridge but wasn't so solid I would expected but was enough. Then just cut slices of about a 1 cm large and put them on a parchment paper. Bake it on 180 degrees for about 13-15 minutes till holder brown. Mine were ready at 10 minutes already. As soon as they are ready they appear too soft but don't worry. You need to leave them to cool down before putting them on a plate. When totally cooled down, become more solid and easy to handle.

Hope you will enjoy them! Me and my husband became totally addicted to them!

Nice one, thanks for sharing that great food idea. thumb-up
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Sat Feb 20 2016, 17:41

look great Smile thank you
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Sat Feb 20 2016, 17:43

Looks a very nice recipe idea and I love that lemon flavour too ...

Thanks for sharing - will be great with a cup of tea I think ...  cuppa

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 06:48