THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Almond, coconut flour and all the important ingredients for low carbing

thinestever82
    thinestever82

Female Posts : 72

Almond, coconut flour and all the important ingredients for low carbing Empty Almond, coconut flour and all the important ingredients for low carbing

Post by thinestever82 Mon Nov 02 2015, 23:33

Hello to all again,

since there are some ingredients that are fundamental for low carvers like almond meal (blanched flour), coconut flour ecc. I was trying to order things online cause I live in a small village that is far way form stores. I was trying to find the Honeyville almond blanched flour but I wasn't able to find it. Does anyone know where can be ordered in Europe or if you know for a product that is the same or almost?

For those buying online: where do your order your ingredient?

Thanks to all!
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Almond, coconut flour and all the important ingredients for low carbing Empty Re: Almond, coconut flour and all the important ingredients for low carbing

Post by Jan1 Tue Nov 03 2015, 20:11

In the UK we are fortunate to have a good variety of shops / stores that do stock most items a low carber may use. Also there are many online stores that can also supply most items.

I do not know what is available to you, and can only suggest an online search.

Have you tried Amazon ( although not all items can be shipped to all countries) or how about considering making your own almond flour. Of course this will also be determined as to which ingredients you can easily purchase.

This lady does give a good idea on how to make your own almond flour ... but again it depends which of the ingredients, or similar ingredients, are available to you.

Have a look here
    http://detoxinista.com/2012/04/make-your-own-cheaper-almond-flour/

I wish you well in your search.

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Almond, coconut flour and all the important ingredients for low carbing Empty Re: Almond, coconut flour and all the important ingredients for low carbing

Post by chris c Wed Nov 04 2015, 22:06

I have a small grinder with whirling blades that I used for grinding flax seeds - that would work with (blanched) almonds and probably other nuts which are readily available (here) from supermarkets and "health food" shops. Not coconuts though . . .
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Sat Aug 19 2017, 11:41

Libby at Ditch The Carbs site uses coconut flour for a lot of her low carb recipe ideas ...
    Take this one for instance-

Almond, coconut flour and all the important ingredients for low carbing Rsz_coconut_flour_choc_chip_cookies_4

Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
    Find the recipe instructions here

http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2017/08/18/coconut-flour-chocolate-chip-cookies/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ditchthecarbs%2Fpkck+%28Ditch+The+Carbs%29

Don't forget to put the kettle on one of these would be nice with a cup of tea or coffee!

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 14:05