THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

Life ... Living ... Learning ... and Love !

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Life ... Living ... Learning ... and Love ! Empty Life ... Living ... Learning ... and Love !

Post by Jan1 Mon Sep 15 2014, 21:48

Is low carb all about life ... living ...learning ...and love?

You may well be asking where does she get these ideas from? Well this one started earlier today when I was in school and  someone asked the question "What is the purpose of life?" A very interesting conversation and discussion ensued, which went from one idea to another and even ended up for a short while discussing food and drink ...what not to eat and what not to drink. The question had been aimed at 17 and 18 yr olds.

Later today reading a blog I follow someone also raised the same question, and if you are in a reflective mood ... it is perhaps one we don't always give thought to. We are too busy rushing around just dealing with life's day to day problems, getting children to school, remembering the list of things we'd said we do  -  the last thing we do is stop and reflect..... or is it?

A few months back it was my birthday and I was fortunate to receive a good selection of birthday cards, one of which had this simple verse in ..... I liked it.

"Wishing you the kind of day
    that's filled with pleasant things
    The kind that's long remembered
    for the happiness it brings"

Oh that every day is like that but so many times it isn't and we have to sort out whatever life throw's at us. Indeed life throughout the world is kinda mixed up at the moment isn't it? Here in the UK the main news is about the Referendum on Thursday will it be Yes or will it be No to Scottish Independence ..... we'll have to wait and see.

Anyway getting back to low carb ....

Yes it is now my chosen lifestyle
    Yes it is about living a healthier way
    Yes it has been learning about good whole real foods that do not spike blood sugar levels
    Yes it is about love ..... for the love of family, we want to enjoy their company, see our children and grandchildren grow up and be part of their life.

I believe choosing the LCHF lifestyle makes it that much easier and safer to achieve this.

These are my views ..........But what do I know ? You may see it differently ?

All the best Jan
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Life ... Living ... Learning ... and Love ! Empty Re: Life ... Living ... Learning ... and Love !

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 16 2014, 09:15

Good grief ! see what I have to put up with. This sounds like 'thought for the day' on radio 4. I've spent years projecting a hard arsed low carb militant with pliers and a blow torch persona and my Missus is posting this sort of stuff. I'm looking into my crystal ball and I'm seeing a cakes and commiserations outfit.

Let's kick some butt ! affraid

Eddie
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Life ... Living ... Learning ... and Love ! Empty Re: Life ... Living ... Learning ... and Love !

Post by Andy12345 Tue Sep 16 2014, 09:24

lol
    yin = Eddie
    yan = Jan
    a perfect combination me thinks
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Sep 16 2014, 13:06

Women are allowed to repeat themselves  lol!

So as I said earlier:

'Anyway getting back to low carb ....

Yes it is now my chosen lifestyle
    Yes it is about living a healthier way
    Yes it has been learning about good whole real foods that do not spike blood sugar levels
    Yes it is about love ..... for the love of family, we want to enjoy their company, see our children and grandchildren grow up and be part of their life.

I believe choosing the LCHF lifestyle makes it that much easier and safer to achieve this.'

and Andy yes, and thanks
    "Eddie - Jan - a perfect combination me thinks"

And now it's time for lunch a low carb combination of course!

Did you have a low carb lunch today?

All the best Jan
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Tue Sep 16 2014, 13:39

I had cheddar cheese, red leicester cheese and tomatoes and cucumber (both from my greenhouse). There were strawberries too, but I'm not really that hungry now so I'll have them after my evening meal. Smile
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Tue Sep 16 2014, 14:26

eddie1 wrote: I'm looking into my crystal ball and I'm seeing a cakes and commiserations outfit.

Let's kick some butt ! affraid

Eddie

A cakes club eh? It is 'National Cup cake week' after all mate!! affraid

http://www.nationalcupcakeweek.co.uk/

All the Antis are busy in the kitchen this week me thinks!Twisted Evil

"Yummy current buns..." affraid
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Tue Sep 16 2014, 14:30

Is there a national cheese week?
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Sep 16 2014, 14:33

zand wrote:Is there a national cheese week?

Not sure but if there isn't one there should be I reckon! Very Happy Bring on the cheese!!

There is 'National Sausage week' coming up fairly soon if I remember correctly...I could go for that too! Smile
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Sep 16 2014, 14:40

Paul wrote:
    zand wrote:Is there a national cheese week?

Not sure but if there isn't one there should be I reckon! Very Happy Bring on the cheese!!

There is 'National Sausage week' coming up fairly soon if I remember correctly...I could go for that too! Smile

It was BRITISH CHEESE WEEK from Monday 26th May – Sunday 1st June 2014
    Apparently British Cheese Week is a nation wide campaign designed to raise the profile of British cheese and celebrate the British Cheese Awards winners,

Good idea ....getting ready for next years one lets decide what our favourite British Cheese is and other countries too if you like.

Will Cheddar get top marks?

ALl the best Jan
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Sep 16 2014, 14:44

If I had to vote for a British cheese I would go for a bit of crumbly and tangy Cheshire...Not to everyones taste and getting harder to find these days but I love it! Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 06:00