THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
Paul1976
JohnWilson
6 posters

A Competition.

JohnWilson

A Competition.  Empty A Competition.

Post by JohnWilson Wed Sep 10 2014, 17:04

’ll give only two clues to identify the poster

Clue 1: Can He Please Crawl Out His Window? He sits in his room, his tomb, with a fist full of tacks [with apologies to Dylan].

Clue 2: He posts to himself a lot. Search the diabetic forums for the poster with the greatest run of non-answered posts (i.e. a run of consecutive own posts) indicating a degree of lethargy, boredom apathy or even despair among the forum members.

The first correct answer and we’ll share a bottle of – Isabella’s Islay (Price: $6.2 Million) at Thommo’s
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

A Competition.  Empty Re: A Competition.

Post by Paul1976 Wed Sep 10 2014, 17:12

JohnWilson wrote:’ll give only two clues to identify the poster

Clue 1: Can He Please Crawl Out His Window? He sits in his room, his tomb, with a fist full of tacks [with apologies to Dylan].

Clue 2: He posts to himself a lot. Search the diabetic forums for the poster with the greatest run of non-answered posts (i.e. a run of consecutive own posts) indicating a degree of lethargy, boredom apathy or even despair among the forum members.

The first correct answer and we’ll share a bottle of – Isabella’s Islay (Price: $6.2 Million) at Thommo’s

"Oh Kenny Boy..."

I'm kidding of course,but yeah-I know this one but as a good sport I'll let others have a shot of winning this fine drop of single malt. Wink
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Wed Sep 10 2014, 22:36

Cleverly done John and if I knew the answer and won this competition - would suggest that as I'm not a whisky drinker .... how about a glass of champagne at Thommo' s ?

I saw this "Goût de Diamants’ Taste of Diamonds" and a limited edition bottle designed by Alexander Amosu carried a value of £1.2m making it the most expensive single bottle of Champagne in the world.

It must taste great surely ???  lol!

All the best Jan
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Thu Sep 11 2014, 18:27

Well I can only think of one possible answer to this question, but I'm not going to say it because I don't want to win the prize because I don't drink anymore and if I did I'd prefer a pint of Sam Adams Rebel IPA Smile
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Sep 11 2014, 19:52

zand wrote:Well I can only think of one possible answer to this question, but I'm not going to say it because I don't want to win the prize because I don't drink anymore and if I did I'd prefer a pint of Sam Adams Rebel IPA Smile

Spoilsport!! Razz lol

But seriously,what's this 'Sam Adams Rebel IPA' ? Sounds interesting as when I see the name 'Rebel' in a Real Ale's name-I'm guessing it's no 3.1% weakling! Very Happy
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Sep 11 2014, 20:00

Paul wrote:
    zand wrote:Well I can only think of one possible answer to this question, but I'm not going to say it because I don't want to win the prize because I don't drink anymore and if I did I'd prefer a pint of Sam Adams Rebel IPA Smile

Spoilsport!! Razz  lol

But seriously,what's this 'Sam Adams Rebel IPA' ? Sounds interesting as when I see the name 'Rebel' in a Real Ale's name-I'm guessing it's no 3.1% weakling! Very Happy

It's a new Sam Adam's beer that I tried in Boston USA in May. A tour guide gave me a list of good beers to try and I made it my 'to do list' for the holiday. The Rebel IPA was the hardest to find, because not many places were selling it yet. It's 6.5 %. The strongest beer I had in USA was 12%! It's one of the reasons I've stopped drinking altogether forever! Sad
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Sep 11 2014, 20:09

zand wrote:
    Paul wrote:

Spoilsport!! Razz  lol

It's a new Sam Adam's beer that I tried in Boston USA in May.  A tour guide gave me a list of good beers to try and I made it my 'to do list' for the holiday.  The Rebel IPA was the hardest to find, because not many places were selling it yet.  It's 6.5 %.  The strongest beer I had in USA was 12%!  It's one of the reasons I've stopped drinking altogether forever! Sad  

12%!! Now that's stronger than any beer I've had over here and I was a real Ale glugger in the past-Rocket fuel indeed! Shocked I won't pry but I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with Alcohol at some point-It's not always fun and laughter when drink is concerned. Sad
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Sep 11 2014, 20:15

Paul wrote:
    zand wrote:
    Paul wrote:

Spoilsport!! Razz  lol

It's a new Sam Adam's beer that I tried in Boston USA in May.  A tour guide gave me a list of good beers to try and I made it my 'to do list' for the holiday.  The Rebel IPA was the hardest to find, because not many places were selling it yet.  It's 6.5 %.  The strongest beer I had in USA was 12%!  It's one of the reasons I've stopped drinking altogether forever! Sad  

12%!! Now that's stronger than any beer I've had over here and I was a real Ale glugger in the past-Rocket fuel indeed!  Shocked I won't pry but I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with Alcohol at some point-It's not always fun and laughter when drink is concerned. Sad
    No it's not. Sad but hey, you live and learn Smile
    JohnWilson

Post by JohnWilson Fri Sep 12 2014, 20:02

I'm afraid the credit card company turned down my order for the whisky and champagne! As money is a little tight and nobody actually offered a name I hope you'll all accept a Babycham at Thommo's and we could get last orders, a Caribbean Stallion, at the Nag's Head
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Sat Sep 13 2014, 00:28

JohnWilson wrote:I'm afraid the credit card company turned down my order for the whisky and champagne! As money is a little tight and nobody actually offered a name I hope you'll all accept a Babycham at Thommo's and we could get last orders, a Caribbean Stallion, at the Nag's Head

Babycham at Thommo's - why not - BUT he tells me he has all the ingredients for a Caribbean Stallion ...Del Boy's favourite  

( Isn't Mr Google wonderfully helpful sunny )

Ingredients

25 ml (1 oz) tequila

25 ml (1 oz) Malibu

25 ml (1 oz) crème de menthe

Smidgen of Campari

Merest suggestion of Angostura bitters

Fresh grapefruit juice to taste

Slice of orange to garnish

Wedge of lime to garnish

Seasonal fruits to garnish

Method

Stir ingredients over ice in a mixing glass, strain into a highball glass and garnish with a slice of orange, a wedge of lime, occasional seasonal fruits, a decorative plastic umbrella, two translucent straws, and voilà!

Sounds a wonderful mix .......Cheers everybody and thanks John  cheers

All the best Jan
    JohnWilson

Post by JohnWilson Sat Sep 13 2014, 10:02

When I said last orders I didn't mean so late 1.28! You'll never get uo in the morning
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Sat Sep 13 2014, 10:50

When are we going to get the answer. With so many chumps vying for the Golden Gezza at the other place, I can't be bothered to look.

Eddie
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Sep 13 2014, 10:59

eddie1 wrote:When are we going to get the answer. With so many chumps vying for the Golden Gezza at the other place, I can't be bothered to look.

Eddie

If the Golden Gezza's already been awarded this month then there's always the 'Golden Turd' award up for grabs! lol!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sat Sep 13 2014, 11:10

A Competition.  Golden-Turd-Award+(1)

Nominations for this months Golden Turd award are ...............................
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Sep 13 2014, 11:27

eddie1 wrote:
    A Competition.  Golden-Turd-Award+(1)

Nominations for this months Golden Turd award are ...............................

1. JONA!!!! For taking the art of forum trolling to a whole new level.
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sat Sep 13 2014, 11:30

Yes definitely Paul he gets my vote too.

Last edited by zand on Sat Sep 13 2014, 13:00; edited 1 time in total
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sat Sep 13 2014, 11:33

Can't think of anybody else except 3 of the usual contenders for this type of award
    Indy51
    Indy51

Female Posts : 344

Post by Indy51 Sat Sep 13 2014, 11:44

I must have been lucky and missed Jona - phew!
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sat Sep 13 2014, 11:46

Well he was quite funny to start with but then it all got a bit serious so threads were closed and one was deleted.
    JohnWilson

Post by JohnWilson Sat Sep 13 2014, 14:50

The inane ramblings of a carpet layer masquerading as diabetic advice

(
    oh, Sunday night, I decided to learn to 'ski in a day' on Monday,
    so, I washed my hands
    Just two bedrooms to move furniture, and lay carpets in.now.
    Well, just finished for the day, dragged two carpets up the stairs, and got them laid in the main bedrooms.
    Just got the Psycho Scratchin's on order, and also Psycho Crunch.
    Had to go home for a few jobs for customers, but at least I can pick up the washing machine. and all the wood for the fencing.
    And the chainsaw, for the fun bit of making the fencing.
    Carpet kicker arrived as well, so I can stretch the carpet out a bit and re-trim the edges now it's settled flat a bit more.
    Tidying out the back garden, putting up the new fence,
    Washing machine to plumb in tomorrow, more carpets to lay
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    For the love of pot noodles let this be the last one
    A long, but good day.
    (tomorrow, bad day, - more carpets)
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sat Sep 13 2014, 14:55

lol John are you still reading it? I gave up days ago! Smile
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Sep 13 2014, 15:00

It reminds me of a now defunct Diabetes forum from a while back(The names on the tip of my tongue...) where the Administrator posted whole threads where he was talking to and replying to himself!!! Priceless! Twisted Evil
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Sep 13 2014, 15:03

zand wrote:lol John are you still reading it? I gave up days ago! Smile

Now Now! lol I'm learning a lot of valuable DIY tips from that and potentially saving myself a fortune on tradesmen! affraid lol!
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sat Sep 13 2014, 15:06

Paul wrote:It reminds me of a now defunct Diabetes forum from a while back(The names on the tip of my tongue...) where the Administrator posted whole threads where he was talking to and replying to himself!!! Priceless! Twisted Evil

"Really? Oh, I'm sorry I missed that one! Talking to yourself online....that has to be a sign of madness doesn't it?"

"Yes, I'm sure it must be."

"Well if you're sure I am too" alien
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sat Sep 13 2014, 15:07

What a geezer, deep sea diver, skier, what next ? base jumping into a pot noodle from 500 feet !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 20:54