THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Pinkorchid ya gotta larf!

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Pinkorchid ya gotta larf! Empty Pinkorchid ya gotta larf!

Post by Eddie Wed Jul 29 2015, 11:07

I have been having a few days away from the diabetes malarkey, well as much as I can, although I have logged in here a few times. This morning I had a butchers at the forum of flog and the thread started by troll/multiple account holder (allegedly a current forum mod according to the jungle drums)  called 'Low carb food and diet on a low budget'

"Some people have said that keeping to a low carb diet on a low income can be very difficult and expensive for them so some ideas and tips on a more inexpensive way would I think really help them So if you have any good ideas and especially if you manage your diet on a budget please add them to this thread"

"Some people have said" who are these people? the low carb antis? Sid Bonkers et al? you tell me. One thing's for sure low carb does not have to be expensive or inconvenient as the follow up posts from the members clearly illustrated. Well, the thread had some good stuff, but not good enough for the anti, who replied this morning.

"I think that it would vary as to cost depending on circumstances as well as budget. Some people cannot get out to do their own shopping so have to rely on doing it online or get someone to do it for them who probably would not have the time to look around the shops for the bargains so that could make it more expensive"

Seems to me regarding the above comment, the same would apply for whatever diet or lifestyle a person was following. Why am I spending my time on this issue? I will tell you.

For seven years the antis have tried every angle they could to discredit low carb. Back seven years ago a low carb diet was a one way ticket to scurvy, osteoporosis, bowel disorders and even cancer. The anti's lost that one big time. Then we had OK low carb won't kill you, but it is boring and people can't stick to it, another failure for the antis. The next doom scenario was the sat fat story, another loser for the antis. So, another bullshit angle is being deployed, low carb is expensive, another falsehood. That being said, no quality food has ever been cheap, just look at the price of Lobster and Foie gras. Seriously, I will tell you what is expensive. Carb guzzling diabetics running poor control, requiring insulin pumps, very expensive consumables etc. etc. at our expense, yes you got that right, we are paying for it. And do we get thanked for paying for their junk food indulgence and lack of will power? No, they wind low carbers up and when people retaliate, they ban, thread lock and delete.

Like I said, ya gotta larf. rofl
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Pinkorchid ya gotta larf! Empty Re: Pinkorchid ya gotta larf!

Post by mo1905 Thu Jul 30 2015, 23:43

The latest over there is Anal Eva posting about name changes for T1's and T2's. Swiftly locked by Nobhead. A few laughs here :
    http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/not-a-place-for-type-1-support.81269/
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Fri Jul 31 2015, 14:14

I reckon the forum needs to re-brand to The Largest Lunatic Asylum In Europe. It makes perfect sense now the lunatics have not only taken over the asylum, they are running the place. BTW what has happened to Anna the Banner, I hear she is back in rehab, but you can't always believe what you hear in the crazy world of diabetes.freakout

Nice to see you gracing us with your presence Mo welcome
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Fri Jul 31 2015, 22:01

mo1905 wrote:The latest over there is Anal Eva posting about name changes for T1's and T2's. Swiftly locked by Nobhead. A few laughs here :
    http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/not-a-place-for-type-1-support.81269/

Hi Mo  Cool  

There's been numerous threads over the years on the same subject usually posted by those who look on T2's as inferior subjects who have only themselves to blame for their condition banghead  They ignore drug induced T2, genetics, trauma, and the fact there are around 20% of us who were diagnosed with a BMI in the normal or below range and that total could exceed the number of T1's.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 22:28