THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Mod required, the ability to think not required!

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Mod required, the ability to think not required! Empty Mod required, the ability to think not required!

Post by Eddie Mon May 25 2015, 15:57

DCUK Mod required, the ability to think not required !

Over at the forum of flog, a relatively new member talks of his weight loss, together with "now not needing to take medication" and diet and exercise. Please note! he did not mention the dreaded words Low Carb. Various members congratulate the guy, all quiet on the western front, so far. Another relatively new member cratat asks "Would you like to share how you have managed to do it as I need to lose at least that amount and am struggling thanks in advance steam engineer"

Steam Engineer answers the question and says amongst other things "Cut down on meat intake, increased veg intake, reduced carbohydrates (reduced potato, pasta and rice etc) and included beans and pulses into meals" and "l also cut out sweet things, sugar, chocolate etc. although the occasional treat is acceptable" again the guy mentions exercise.

The post is followed up by others, more congratulations, everything cool. Others also state they had success with not keeping to the eatwell plate etc. But note again, no grief, but oh dear, looks like it's another great result for the low carb lifestyle. Clearly this unhinges Noblehead the type one diabetic moderator and low carb anti. Who proceeds to edit a low carbers post and state "Can we just continue to offer encouragement and support to the OP and not derail this thread further with which diet is best at controlling diabetes. Thank You."

This nonsense from Noblehead was liked by err...cratat. The fact is, no one had not supported the OP, in fact the very opposite. I fully appreciate Noblehead on insulin, a pump, test strips, and an endocrinologist, may not realise for the majority of diabetics (that's type two's) diet is the biggest weapon we have in the kit to control not only weight, but also diabetes. But even by the flogs lamentable moderation standard, today's antics reach a new low.

Please bear in mind, the thread is called Lose Weight and in the Weight Loss and Dieting forum. Perish the thought, people would derail the thread by talking about diet, especially when asked a direct question from another member.

Link to the lunacy here. http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/lose-weight.75448/

Eddie

Mod required, the ability to think not required! Screenshot%2B2015-05-25%2Bat%2B14.05.55
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Mod required, the ability to think not required! Empty Re: Mod required, the ability to think not required!

Post by graham64 Mon May 25 2015, 22:03

noblehead wrote:Can we just continue to offer encouragement and support to the OP and not derail this thread further with which diet is best at controlling diabetes. Thank You.

Derailing threads Shocked I'm sure no one needs lessons from noblehead who in the past has derailed umpteen T2 low carb threads whilst being a type one with absolutely no knowledge of type two diabetes.

This is a post he deleted after we exposed him as a hypocrite, it seems he is unable to acknowledge the assistance he received from another T1 who happened to be a low carber. 

noblehead wrote: "I have seen dieticians, read books, spoke to my diabetic care team, and none have offered any constructive advice on controlling weight. Reading this forum has been helpful, and reading other peoples experiences in controlling their diabetes and improving Hba1c's, has been inspirational !

I can't recollect at any time been given advice on reducing carbs to control weight. I have always been told to eat plenty of carbs at every meal, together with the usual meat and veg. Once I was told that a bowl of cereal for breakfast was insufficient, and should include 2 slices of toast also. Looking back I can now see how flawed this advice/information has been.

Cutting back on the carbs, reducing portion size and eating sensible foods, combined with plenty of exercise has changed my approach to diabetes. I am now eating approximately half the amount of carbs I ate only 3 months back, and at last my weight is starting to drop. Before I started to cut back I was 14st 12lb, and being only 5ft 9'' was well overweight, and my BMI was 31

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/lose-weight.75448/page-2

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 07:41