THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.


Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

    Diabetes Now Costing The NHS £1 Million Per Hour !!!!

    mo1905
    mo1905
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2305
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Cambs

    Diabetes Now Costing The NHS £1 Million Per Hour !!!! Empty Diabetes Now Costing The NHS £1 Million Per Hour !!!!

    Post by mo1905 on Mon May 04 2015, 19:38

    Staggering amounts of money. Bit of a frustrating article in the Express. As usual, blaming diabetes on us, usual lifestyle blah blah blah ! If the NHS reversed their dietary advice, much of this could be prevented. Link to annoying article here:

    http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/574749/Diabetes-bill-rockets-to-10-billion-a-year-four-million-Britons-suffer


    _________________
    Type1, Humalog and Solostar, Metformin, Lisinopril ( BP ), last HbA1C 41 ( 5.9% ), 20th Oct 2014, HbA1C 43 ( 6.1% ) 9th Mar 2015.
    graham64
    graham64
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3730
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Lancs

    Diabetes Now Costing The NHS £1 Million Per Hour !!!! Empty Re: Diabetes Now Costing The NHS £1 Million Per Hour !!!!

    Post by graham64 on Mon May 04 2015, 22:48

    @mo1905 wrote:Staggering amounts of money. Bit of a frustrating article in the Express. As usual, blaming diabetes on us, usual lifestyle blah blah blah ! If the NHS reversed their dietary advice, much of this could be prevented. Link to annoying article here:

    http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/574749/Diabetes-bill-rockets-to-10-billion-a-year-four-million-Britons-suffer

    Diabetes drugs alone cost NHS £2.2m per day, just how much could be saved with the correct dietary advice, low carb is the most cost effective way.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/


    _________________
    I'm a skinny T2 diagnosed 4/4/2008, a high calorie LCHF diet and one metformin a day A1c 6.2 and no complications.

    Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over ten years

    Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    Jan1
    Jan1
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 5094
    Join date : 2014-08-13

    Diabetes Now Costing The NHS £1 Million Per Hour !!!! Empty Re: Diabetes Now Costing The NHS £1 Million Per Hour !!!!

    Post by Jan1 on Wed May 06 2015, 20:48

    @graham64 wrote:
    @mo1905 wrote:Staggering amounts of money. Bit of a frustrating article in the Express. As usual, blaming diabetes on us, usual lifestyle blah blah blah ! If the NHS reversed their dietary advice, much of this could be prevented. Link to annoying article here:

    http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/574749/Diabetes-bill-rockets-to-10-billion-a-year-four-million-Britons-suffer

    Diabetes drugs alone cost NHS £2.2m per day, just how much could be saved with the correct dietary advice, low carb is the most cost effective way.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/

    "low carb is the most cost effective way"

    I'm sure there are many diabetics who would agree with this.

    As would many, who are not diabetics, but have found that living the LCHF lifestyle can and does bring health and well being benefits sunny

    All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3730
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Lancs

    Diabetes Now Costing The NHS £1 Million Per Hour !!!! Empty Re: Diabetes Now Costing The NHS £1 Million Per Hour !!!!

    Post by graham64 on Wed May 06 2015, 22:16

    Given the greed of big pharma the costs are going to shoot up even more Sad


    Pharma hikes prices on all sorts of meds, but hit diabetes hardest

    Here are more stats for the price-increase tally: Twenty-seven drug brands took 20% price increases last year, and dozens saw prices at least double over the past 5 years, Bloomberg reports. Once again, the usual suspects top the price-increase lists. And diabetes products are conspicuously present.

    http://www.fiercepharma.com/



    _________________
    I'm a skinny T2 diagnosed 4/4/2008, a high calorie LCHF diet and one metformin a day A1c 6.2 and no complications.

    Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over ten years

    Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    Jan1
    Jan1
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 5094
    Join date : 2014-08-13

    Diabetes Now Costing The NHS £1 Million Per Hour !!!! Empty Re: Diabetes Now Costing The NHS £1 Million Per Hour !!!!

    Post by Jan1 on Thu May 07 2015, 17:30

    @graham64 wrote:Given the greed of big pharma the costs are going to shoot up even more Sad


    Pharma hikes prices on all sorts of meds, but hit diabetes hardest

    Here are more stats for the price-increase tally: Twenty-seven drug brands took 20% price increases last year, and dozens saw prices at least double over the past 5 years, Bloomberg reports. Once again, the usual suspects top the price-increase lists. And diabetes products are conspicuously present.

    http://www.fiercepharma.com/


    Sorry to state the obvious but this is not good news Crying or Very sad

    Perhaps I'm being naive but wouldn't you think more would begin to question why this has to be Question

    I was recently reading an article about the many problems some Greek diabetics are experiencing - many of their drugs are not so readily available, I believe because of the prices and they are set to increase more!? Many here in the UK (Type 2's) do not even get test strips and now more price increases could well follow.

    If only more were aware of the advantages that LCHF could bring to both health and wealth not only of the individual but to NHS costs too ...

    All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2305
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Cambs

    Diabetes Now Costing The NHS £1 Million Per Hour !!!! Empty Re: Diabetes Now Costing The NHS £1 Million Per Hour !!!!

    Post by mo1905 on Thu May 07 2015, 17:34

    You're right Jan. Trouble is, nobody can make huge profits if LCHF is promoted !


    _________________
    Type1, Humalog and Solostar, Metformin, Lisinopril ( BP ), last HbA1C 41 ( 5.9% ), 20th Oct 2014, HbA1C 43 ( 6.1% ) 9th Mar 2015.

    Sponsored content

    Diabetes Now Costing The NHS £1 Million Per Hour !!!! Empty Re: Diabetes Now Costing The NHS £1 Million Per Hour !!!!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Jan 15 2021, 18:11