THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+5
Jan1
Dillinger
graham64
Paul1976
Sharon
9 posters

Check In And Chat - May

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Check In And Chat - May - Page 3 Empty Re: Check In And Chat - May

Post by Jan1 Thu May 21 2015, 19:24

zand wrote:Went to Wilanow Palace in Warsaw yesterday.  The Hairy Bikers were there recording a new Baltic series.  My sister in law was very happy as she loves their programs.   Smile  Smile

Those Hairy Bikers certainly get around ... they are very popular.

Have you had good weather for your visit?

I found this picture of Wilanow Palace - looks very impressive. (sorry the picture is a little small!)

Check In And Chat - May - Page 3 9k=

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri May 22 2015, 19:12

Monaco Grand Prix This Weekend ... So Go Lewis Go for me! I've just read that ...

"Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton was in a league of his own in a rain-hit second practice at the Monaco Grand Prix.
    The world champion was 0.74 seconds faster than team-mate Nico Rosberg, who lagged behind Hamilton through both sessions on Thursday.
    Ferrari drivers Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen were third and fourth ahead of Red Bull's Daniil Kvyat.
    Hamilton leads Rosberg by 20 points in the drivers' standings heading into the sixth round of the season.
    The drivers managed only 20 minutes or so of dry running before Manor's Roberto Merhi lost control as he hit the brakes approaching the harbour-front chicane."

Taken from Here  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/32833689

Now wouldn't a visit to Monaco be 'cool' - what do you think?  sunny

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat May 23 2015, 11:28

Saturday Poetry Anyone?

Some do not like poetry, whereas others always enjoy reading it. Our youngest when studying English could write a great poem. Should a poem rhyme or not? It's up to the author to decide.

I read this poem recently and quite enjoyed it - I'll share it with you here -

"Life Is For Living"

Life is a gift we're given each and every day.
    Dream about tomorrow, but live for today.
    To live a little, you've got to love a whole lot.
    Love turns the ordinary into the extraordinary.
    Life's a journey always worth taking.
    Take time to smell the roses... and tulips...
    and daffodils... and lilacs... and sunflowers...

Count blessings like children count stars.
    The secret of a happy life isn't buried in a
    treasure chest... it lies within your heart.
    It's the little moments that make life big.

Don't wait. Make memories today.
    Celebrate your life!

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri May 29 2015, 19:26

Can you believe the weekend is here again, where do the weeks go?

I think this time of year brings a lot of food fairs, farmers markets, steam fairs, County Shows... something for everyone even if it's a walk down the local park !

And of course spreading the good news that is LCHF keeps us all on our toes! Smile

Hope all readers have a great weekend, and the weather is kind in your part of the world.

If you fancy checking in a for a chat - or a read this Forum is the place !

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun May 31 2015, 18:47

Half Term Holidays And All That Jazz

It's great when it's half term week and you can spend a little extra time with the grandchildren.

Visits to Lulworth Castle, Mudeford Quay and even time for a spot of garden fun ... can't be bad.

Check In And Chat - May - Page 3 Castle

Check In And Chat - May - Page 3 2882158_81158dc2

Check In And Chat - May - Page 3 DSC_0007

Check In And Chat - May - Page 3 DSC_0006

The meals were great too. Roast Chicken with vegetables, including Broccoli and some great low carb fruits.

Check In And Chat - May - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXKMlR_7ysPD1h_wu8G1hxpnaDgBp_sirJf-9ATA6TyOaGnSba

Check In And Chat - May - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnsWgdwvtBBSiCd09v0I6zedR8WOcOnXIu6zkLeauTftpnO8Mf

Check In And Chat - May - Page 3 Xanthe_paleo_cocon_3318151b

Bliss I'd call it.

Hope all readers have enjoyed their weekend. June tomorrow - where does time go?

All the best Jan

flower
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Check In And Chat - May - Page 3 Empty Check In And Chat - July

Post by graham64 Mon Jul 06 2015, 22:09

Besides my annual diabetes podiatry check I also get a free chiropody treatment with a NHS podiatrist, I'm due an appoint so went to the clinic to book in only to find that due to a shortage of podiatrist's they could only fit me in mid September when my appointment really should have been the first week in August.

I can live with that but the worrying thing is during my chat with the receptionist who to be fair was doing her best and has promised to ring if any appointments come available due to cancellation, she said that many Podiatrist's are leaving the NHS and going private, is this just the tip of the iceberg I wonder if other areas of the NHS are having similar problems I hope not or it could lead to people having to pay for treatment or go without.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Tue Jul 07 2015, 18:25

graham64 wrote:Besides my annual diabetes podiatry check I also get a free chiropody treatment with a NHS podiatrist, I'm due an appoint so went to the clinic to book in only to find that due to a shortage of podiatrist's they could only fit me in mid September when my appointment really should have been the first week in August.

I can live with that but the worrying thing is during my chat with the receptionist who to be fair was doing her best and has promised to ring if any appointments come available due to cancellation, she said that many Podiatrist's are leaving the NHS and going private, is this just the tip of the iceberg I wonder if other areas of the NHS are having similar problems I hope not or it could lead to people having to pay for treatment or go without.

You and I know this is just the start of the end of the NHS as we know it. The Government wants the power but minimal/nil responsibility. They are farming out evermore institutions to private enterprise. The NHS, The Police, The Prison Service etc.etc. When it all goes pear shaped they make a lot of noise and say lessons will be learned, but do nothing, except line their own pockets.

The great unwashed either don't care or don't know, as long as they have their TV's etc. Apathy, the great killer of so many. Just look at this forum, lot's of reads but most too bone idle to write a one line comment or click the thank you button. Give 'em the three word games and other mundane junk and forum punters are all over it. Maybe a free speech forum was more than many could handle, maybe a what is your cats favourite toy thread would fire more people up. Maybe a F**k You button would be a good idea. Paul, any chance of sorting that out? rofl
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Tue Jul 07 2015, 18:44

Eddie wrote:Maybe a free speech forum was more than many could handle, maybe a what is your cats favourite toy thread would fire more people up.

But I don't even have a cat  Sad  so I wouldn't  even be reading that thread.  Crying or Very sad

Hi Eddie Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13 2024, 01:57