THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

General Election coming soon.

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

General Election coming soon.  Empty General Election coming soon.

Post by Eddie Wed Apr 01 2015, 18:48

I/most of us, live in one of the richest countries in the world. Why do almost 1 million poor people have to live on free food? In the US (the richest country) around 50 million live on food welfare coupons, something is very, very wrong.

General Election coming soon.  CBhhguRWcAEDkXL
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

General Election coming soon.  Empty Re: General Election coming soon.

Post by Jan1 Wed Apr 01 2015, 18:55

Loose Cannon wrote:I/most of us, live in one of the richest countries in the world. Why do almost 1 million poor people have to live on free food? In the US (the richest country) around 50 million live on food welfare coupons, something is very, very wrong.

General Election coming soon.  CBhhguRWcAEDkXL

Having just read what Eddie  .... Loose Cannon has posted. I was in Waitrose earlier today and they had two big containers for people to donate to the food bank and they were both pretty full. So well done the Waitrose Shoppers for helping out their fellow human beings .......... but the question still remains in the year 2015 should it be this way?

All the best Jan
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Apr 01 2015, 19:05

If this sounds defeatist, so be it. I reckon for most of us, if not all of us, who wins the General Election will make very little difference to us. But, we are not poor, disabled, poorly educated, disenfranchised or a refugee trying to make a better living for his family. I believe for these people, the Labour party will do a better job than the Tories.

Stand by for more of my political rants.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Wed Apr 01 2015, 19:30

Loose Cannon wrote: I believe for these people, the Labour party will do a better job than the Tories

Yep! Labour are far from perfect but fundamentally they will look after societies most vulnerable more than the condems and at the end of the day-who knows when a sea change in fortune will put us in the 'Most vulnerable' group ourselves.
    Sharon

Post by Sharon Fri Apr 03 2015, 14:31

sat and watched debate last night . was better than the fam thought it would be . who to vote for is between you and the ballot paper . thought Julie Etchingham did a good job . but be glad when 7 may is over . i think .
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sat Apr 04 2015, 09:25

I wouldn't vote for any 1 of the 7. We're getting Americanised I fear. It's more about personalities now than politics. I'm guilty of it too ! I admire much of the Labour Party's manifesto but I just look at Miliband with his plasticine nose and can't bring myself to vote for him. Wrong I know but that's the truth !
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sat Apr 04 2015, 17:17

mo1905 wrote:I wouldn't vote for any 1 of the 7. We're getting Americanised I fear. It's more about personalities now than politics. I'm guilty of it too ! I admire much of the Labour Party's manifesto but I just look at Miliband with his plasticine nose and can't bring myself to vote for him. Wrong I know but that's the truth !

So, if Ed gets a nose job you might vote for him eh Mo. Is it just me or does Nicola Sturgeon look like the woman from the Krankies ?

General Election coming soon.  Krankies
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sat Apr 04 2015, 20:01

Loose Cannon wrote:
    mo1905 wrote:I wouldn't vote for any 1 of the 7. We're getting Americanised I fear. It's more about personalities now than politics. I'm guilty of it too ! I admire much of the Labour Party's manifesto but I just look at Miliband with his plasticine nose and can't bring myself to vote for him. Wrong I know but that's the truth !

So, if Ed gets a nose job you might vote for him eh Mo. Is it just me or does Nicola Sturgeon look like the woman from the Krankies ?

General Election coming soon.  Krankies

Never noticed it before but quite uncanny lol ! Sounds like her too !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 01:20