THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
Eddie
Paul1976
6 posters

Government Scum Bags

zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Government Scum Bags  - Page 2 Empty Re: Government Scum Bags

Post by zand Sat Feb 28 2015, 18:23

Eddie you already know I agree with you on quantitative easing!
    And why are you bringing the Gunners into this?
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sun Mar 01 2015, 12:32

Politics will always bring out strong feelings and emotions on a forum but no need to fall out over it. My thoughts are the future of the NHS is uncertain under any Government. If you earn £200 a week but spend £300 every week, eventually something has to give. I am nearing 50 now and have lived, worked and raised a family under various Govt's. To be honest, I haven't noticed a great deal of difference whether Labour or Conservatives in power. I've always had to work hard under both. It's the underlying rule of those in power to keep the workers just above the breadline, always striving and NEEDING to work. Every single Gov't since I was a kid just blamed the previous Gov't for the current mess we're in. Those not in power will make promises that once in power, they will not keep. It's the institution that's the problem, individual MP's, not whole Govt's. Most are corrupt and greedy and have no clue about the average Joe. Consider this though, if you were an MP and were told you can claim for an extra house in London, £35K for your partner to be a secretary, limitless expenses etc, who wouldn't ? That's the issue, blame the rules. Needs total overhaul.
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Sun Mar 01 2015, 12:56

I'm tempted to think that MPs should be paid a bit more but in return they would be banned from any additional remunerative employment.  MPs outside London should be provided with a government flat so there's no scope for milking the system, and an office with a civil servant secretary and some expenses to pay for a researcher (not a 'free' intern) so they can't employ family members.  Other expenses should be restricted to 'reasonable' meals away from home and 'reasonable' travel to their constituencies etc.

As for political views, I'm sure there is no association between having diabetes and who you vote for so we're bound to be a cross section of opinion and we should respect that. Certainly nothing to fall out over. Perhaps we can all agree that there is a need for greater honesty, transparency and accountability as there would be in any business, and certainly less of the pathetic schoolboy antics and PMQs which is just a joke these days.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sun Mar 01 2015, 13:07

sanguine wrote:I'm tempted to think that MPs should be paid a bit more but in return they would be banned from any additional remunerative employment.  MPs outside London should be provided with a government flat so there's no scope for milking the system, and an office with a civil servant secretary and some expenses to pay for a researcher (not a 'free' intern) so they can't employ family members.  Other expenses should be restricted to 'reasonable' meals away from home and 'reasonable' travel to their constituencies etc.

As for political views, I'm sure there is no association between having diabetes and who you vote for so we're bound to be a cross section of opinion and we should respect that.  Certainly nothing to fall out over.  Perhaps we can all agree that there is a need for greater honesty, transparency and accountability as there would be in any business, and certainly less of the pathetic schoolboy antics and PMQs which is just a joke these days.

That's been my view for a while now Rod. There is too much temptation, power and opportunity to be gained as an MP who has outside business interests. I think a pay rise is fair but they should focus solely on Gov't interests. The public deserves an impartial Government to act on their behalf fairly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06 2024, 17:29