THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Chicken some facts and recipe ideas

chris c
    chris c

Chicken some facts and recipe ideas - Page 2 Empty Re: Chicken some facts and recipe ideas

Post by chris c Sun Jan 29 2017, 22:42

Ah, similar to one of the things I do, except I use coconut oil garlic and chillies and sometimes multicoloured peppers too.

I just had a flashback to Blackadder with Baldrick stuffing a chicken, but couldn't find a clip on YouTube.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Chicken some facts and recipe ideas - Page 2 Empty Re: Chicken some facts and recipe ideas

Post by Jan1 Wed Feb 08 2017, 23:37

How about this ...
    Chicken, pancetta and fennel stew

Chicken some facts and recipe ideas - Page 2 Chickenpancettafennelstew

This simple chicken, pancetta and fennel stew dish, is a fuss-free, flavour-packed family dish – and you can easily amend the ingredients to suit the number of people sitting down to eat this dish. It is 'freezable' as well, an added bonus perhaps!

Ingredients:
    Serves Four
    2 tbsp olive oil
    600g (1lb 3oz) chicken thigh fillets, halved lengthways
    1 onion, sliced
    1 fennel bulb, trimmed and sliced
    3 garlic cloves, sliced
    65g smoked pancetta cubes
    600ml (1 pint) chicken stock
    100g (3 1/2oz) frozen peas
    1 x 400g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
    3 tbsp yogurt
    1 lemon, zested and juiced
    15g fresh mint, chopped
    15g fresh tarragon, chopped

Method:

Heat half the oil in a casserole or large lidded pan over a medium-high heat. Season the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden. Remove from the dish and set aside.

Heat the remaining oil and cook the onion and fennel with a pinch of salt for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and pancetta, then cook for a further 2 minutes. Return the chicken to the casserole or pan, pour over the stock, bring to the boil then simmer for 20 minutes.

Add the peas and beans and cook for a further 3 minutes. Stir in the yogurt, lemon zest and juice, and herbs, until heated through.

Recipe idea, with nutritional details, and other links also here
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/chicken-pancetta-and-fennel-stew.html

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Jun 28 2017, 17:55

Mustard and Sage Chicken with Celeriac Mash

Chicken some facts and recipe ideas - Page 2 Mustard-sage-chicken-celeriac-mash

This meal is ready in under half an hour and tastes great!

Ingredients:
    Serves Three
    1 celeriac, peeled and cut into chunks
    3 chicken breasts, skinless
    1 tbsp. English mustard powder
    2 tsp olive oil
    2 garlic cloves, crushed
    8 sage leaves, chopped
    100g low-fat crème fraîche, plus 2 tbsp. for the mash
    1 chicken stock cube
    2 tbsp. wholegrain mustard
    To Serve:
    275g cooked green veg, such as thin-stemmed broccoli, peas or Savoy cabbage,

Method:
    1. Put the celeriac in a bowl, add a splash of water and cover with cling film. Pierce the cling film and microwave on High for 10 minutes or until really tender.
    2. Meanwhile, put the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of cling film and lightly bash with rolling pin until they are an even thickness. Dust with the mustard powder. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the chicken breasts and brown on both sides. Add the garlic and sage to the pan, stirring in the gaps between the chicken, for 30 secs. to 1 minute, then crumble in the stock cube. Pour in 100ml hot water and add 100g crème fraîche. Stir the sauce around the chicken, then cover the pan with a lid and cook over a medium heat for 8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir through the mustard and season with plenty of black pepper.
    3. While the chicken cooks, drain any liquid from the celeriac, season, add the remaining 2 tbsp. crème fraîche and mash (or blitz to a purée in a food processor). Serve with the chicken and some green veg.

Original idea here
    https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/mustard-sage-chicken-celeriac-mash

If preferred you could use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts and 75g of full fat crème fraiche, instead of the low fat variety

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Aug 22 2017, 13:13

Chicken some facts and recipe ideas - Page 2 Chickencordonbleu

Chicken Cordon Bleu : A Tasty Dish

Ingredients
    Serves Four
    4g carbs per serving
    4 chicken breasts
    1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
    ½ teaspoon dried thyme
    4 oz. / 110 g deli smoked ham
    4 oz. / 110 g gruyère cheese
    2 oz. / 50 g butter
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    salt and pepper

Serving
    7 oz. / 200 g lettuce
    1 carrot
    ½ zucchini (courgette)
    ½ lemon in pieces (small wedges)
    8 tablespoons / 125 ml olive oil
    salt and pepper

Recipe instructions here
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/chicken-cordon-bleu

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Sep 23 2017, 23:47

Chicken with Mushrooms and Peas

Chicken some facts and recipe ideas - Page 2 Chicken%2Bwith%2Bmushrooms%2Band%2Bpeas

Ingredients:
    Serves Four
    2 tbsp. olive oil
    500g boneless, skinless chicken thighs
    a little flour, for dusting
    50g cubetti di pancetta
    300g small button mushrooms
    2 large shallots, chopped
    250ml chicken stock
    1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
    50g frozen peas
    small handful parsley, finely chopped

Method:
    1. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a frying pan. Season and dust the chicken with flour, brown on all sides. Remove. Fry the pancetta and mushrooms until softened, then remove.

2. Add the final tbsp. oil and cook shallots for 5 minutes. Add the stock and vinegar, bubble for 1-2 minutes. Return the chicken, pancetta and mushrooms and cook for 15 minutes. Add the peas and parsley and cook for 2 mins more, then serve.

Tastes great served with a mix of cauliflower and broccoli florets, or some buttery mashed swede.

Chicken can make a tasty meal and is usually very reasonably priced, it's also one of the most popular meats around. It has a high level of good quality protein, as well as B vitamins, iron, copper and selenium, I hope you may enjoy this dish soon.

Original recipe idea is here
    https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2469648/chicken-with-mushrooms

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Sep 24 2017, 22:42

You missed out the bacon! I usually have some bacon with my chicken, either chopped up if a stir fry or wrapped around chicken breasts and roasted, and sometimes with peas. I suppose the pancetta comes close. Thanks for reminding me, I forgot to buy more (frozen) peas today, now added to my next shopping list. I might have chicken next week. Bacon is NOT good in a chicken curry though, I substitute cashews.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Oct 17 2017, 16:18

Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Roasted Red Pepper, Capers and Herbs

Chicken some facts and recipe ideas - Page 2 Roasted-Pepper-Caper-Stuffed-Chicken-Breasts

How about this lovely plateful of food, which works out at just 6g carb per serving! It's chicken breasts stuffed with a mix of red pepper, caper, and herbs with a white wine-shallot sauce.

Ingredients:
    Serves Four
    2 oz. roasted red peppers with brine
    1 tbsp. capers
    1/4 tsp dried rosemary
    1/4 tsp ground thyme
    ½ tsp minced garlic
    2 tsp olive oil
    1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 pinch salt
    1 pinch black pepper
    2 tbsp. chopped shallots (You can substitute onion for the shallot)
    1/4 cup white wine
    ¼ cup (no salt) chicken broth
    1 tbsp. chopped parsley

Method:
    1. Preheat oven to 375°F. 190º C. Gas Mark 5
    2. Peel and mince shallots and set aside.
    3. Dice peppers.
    4. In small bowl, mix peppers, capers, rosemary, thyme, garlic, and 1 teaspoon oil. Set aside.
    5. Slice horizontal pouch in each breast. Portion stuffing among the breasts, and stuff. Season breasts with salt and pepper.
    6. In large, oven-proof skillet (frying type pan), add 1 teaspoon oil and heat over medium-high. Sauté chicken 6 minutes per side.
    7. Transfer skillet/pan to oven. Cook 6 minutes. Remove from oven and return to cook top.
    8. Transfer chicken to plate and cover to keep warm.
    9. Return skillet/pan to medium heat, add shallots and cook 1 minute. Add wine and broth, and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 5 minutes.
    10. Return chicken to skillet/pan, cover, and simmer 2 minutes. Serve chicken with sauce and garnish with parsley.
    ... delicious, hope you may enjoy this dish soon.

Nutrition Information - Per serving:
    6g carbohydrates; 1g fibre; 1g saturated fat; 30g protein;

From an original recipe here
    http://dlife.com/recipes/roasted-pepper-and-caper-stuffed-chicken-breasts/

For help with weight and measurement conversion please see here
    http://startcooking.com/measurement-and-conversion-charts

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Jan 10 2018, 19:51

Creamy Chicken Casserole : A LCHF Family Favourite

Chicken some facts and recipe ideas - Page 2 Creamychickencasserolejpg

I was reminded of this tasty low carb dish today

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon May 21 2018, 11:19

Chicken with sweet wine and garlic : A little bit French and low carb !

Chicken some facts and recipe ideas - Page 2 Chickenwithsweetwineandgarlic

The dish may not look colourful ... but this simple, delicious and very classically French, creamy casserole makes an impressive dinner party dish. Of course you could just spoil yourself ... why wait for a dinner party!!!

Ingredients:
    Serves Four
    9g carbs per serving
    2 tbsp. seasoned flour
    1 free-range chicken, about 1½ kg/3lb 5oz, jointed into 8 pieces
    4-5 tbsp. olive oil
    2 shallots, finely chopped
    200ml sweet wine, such as Sauternes
    300ml chicken stock (see how to make your own below)
    sprig each of parsley, thyme and bay tied with string
    1 head garlic
    50g butter
    200g chestnut mushrooms
    3 rounded tbsp. crème fraîche
    a little lemon juice if needed

Method:
    1. Tip the flour into a large food bag. Add the chicken pieces, two at a time, and shake well to coat evenly. Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a large pan, add a few pieces of chicken and fry on all sides until well browned. You’ll need to do this in batches and you may need a touch more oil or fat. Remove the pieces to a large saucepan or flameproof casserole.
    2. Add 1 tbsp. oil to the pan, add the shallots and fry gently until softened, but not browned. Add the wine and allow to bubble until it is reduced a little. Add the stock, herb bundle and seasoning and bring to the boil. Pour over the chicken.
    3. Cover the pan tightly and simmer for 45 minutes until the chicken is tender and the sauce thickened and reduced.
    4. Meanwhile, separate the garlic head into individual cloves and put in a small pan with water to cover. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the garlic is tender. Drain and cool under running cold water. Peel the garlic.
    5. Heat half the butter and a splash of oil in a frying pan. Add the mushrooms and cook quickly over a moderate heat until just softened. Tip into a bowl. Wipe out the pan and add the remaining butter and a splash of oil. Add the garlic and fry gently, shaking the pan until lightly browned. Season lightly.
    6. Stir the mushrooms and crème fraîche into the chicken and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, then taste and add more seasoning and a little lemon juice if it needs it. Spoon the chicken and sauce onto a warm platter and scatter with garlic.

Recipe Tip:
    Make a simple chicken stock
    Once you have jointed the chicken, cut the backbone in half and put in a pan with the leg and wing tips, 1 roughly chopped carrot, 1 stick of celery and 1 shallot. Add 1 bay leaf and a thyme sprig, a few black peppercorns and some salt. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Strain and use.

From an original idea here
    https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1120667/chicken-with-sweet-wine-and-garlic

To add some greenery to this dish why not consider serving with some fine French beans ...

Bon Appetit!

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon May 21 2018, 22:19

I have been rather boring with my most recent chicken breast, curry with bacon, mushrooms, multicoloured peppers and chillies and garlic stir fried in EVOO with turmeric, cumin, coriander, cayenne and cardamom. Not a very balanced meal though, look at all those Cs. It was a huge chicken, I got three meals out of it.

I'm also halfway through an equally huge pheasant. Only about three left in my friends' freezer, I'm making them last before I have to resort to buying pheasant breasts from the farm shop.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed May 23 2018, 17:37

Chicken is never boring ... it regularly appears on my/our weekly menu plans.

Even something like Lemon Parsley Chicken tastes great
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/lemon-parsley-chicken.html

With the coming Bank Holiday weather looking good, I feel sure that there may well be chicken on some folks BBQ's Smile

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed May 23 2018, 21:41

I remember the days when chicken was special and we mainly only had it at Christmas.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu May 24 2018, 17:59

Chris said:
    "I remember the days when chicken was special and we mainly only had it at Christmas."

Oh goodness, that stirred my memory ...

Many, many, many Christmases' ago, I seem to recall my Mother used to say 'we'll have a capon for Christmas'. I'd not thought of that term for ages.

To be honest I wasn't sure what a capon was/is so I looked it up

"A capon is a male chicken that is gelded, or castrated, at a young age, and then fed a rich diet of milk or porridge until it reaches 6 to 12 pounds, between the age of 5 and 6 months. The flesh is very white and, unlike that of other chickens, marbled with fat. Larger than a chicken, a bit smaller than a turkey, but more flavorful than either, capons are full breasted with tender, juicy, flavorful meat that is well suited to roasting."
    https://center-of-the-plate.com/2012/11/13/all-about-capon/

I know the family used to sit down and thoroughly enjoy the meal Smile

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat May 26 2018, 18:08

Chicken some facts and recipe ideas - Page 2 Cajunchickenlettucetacoscarrotfries

Cajun chicken lettuce tacos and carrot fries
    For a lighter taco, use crisp gem lettuce to wrap up the spiced chicken and sweet tahini dressed beetroot. The high water content in the gem lettuce helps to flush out toxins from the body.

100g beetroot
    1 avocado
    1 baby gem lettuce
    1 lemon
    1 tbsp. oil
    2 tsp Cajun spice
    2 tsp tahini
    2 x 170g free range chicken breast
    400g carrot

Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6. Peel and cut the carrots into fries.

Place the carrots in a bowl, sprinkle over half of the Cajun spice and drizzle with ½ tbsp. oil, mix well. Place on a baking tray in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.

Slice the chicken into strips and place in a bowl with the remaining Cajun spice and ½ tbsp. oil and season with sea salt. Toss the chicken making sure it is well coated. Heat a frying pan on a medium heat and add the chicken, cook for 10 minutes turning often, until cooked through.

While the chicken is cooking, peel and grate the raw beetroot. Mix the tahini in with the beetroot and half of the lemon juice.

Peel and de-stone the avocado and scoop into a bowl. Roughly mash with a fork and mix with the remaining lemon juice and season with sea salt and black pepper.

To prepare the lettuce taco, cut the base off the lettuce and carefully separate the leaves so they stay in one piece. Use 2-3 leaves per taco.

To assemble the tacos, place equal quantities of the grated beetroot in the lettuce leaves and top with the avocado and chicken strips. Serve alongside the carrot fries."

Recipe seen here https://www.msn.com/en-gb/foodanddrink/foodrecipes/how-to-make-cajun-chicken-lettuce-tacos-and-carrot-fries/ar-AAxLack?ocid=spartandhp
    But original recipe from MindfulChef

Did you know that the base of a good Cajun seasoning is equal amounts of cumin, coriander and paprika! However many cooks/chefs also like to 'tweak it' a little and may add oregano, salt and cracked pepper ... the joy of any recipe can be making sure the taste suits your taste buds!

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat May 26 2018, 21:17

OMG thank you! I can also remember capons.

Didn't know the background though. Castrated and stuffed with grain to make them fat, we know some people like that too.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Sep 18 2018, 19:26

Jan1 wrote:
    Provençal Chicken

Chicken some facts and recipe ideas - Page 2 Compressed_Provencal-chicken-593

Ingredients:
    Serves Four
    4.0g carbohydrate per serving
    1 tbsp oil
    100 g lean smoked bacon medallions, roughly chopped
    1 red onion, cut into wedges
    1 courgette, halved and cut into chunks
    1 aubergine (eggplant), cut into small pieces
    4 tomatoes, cut into large wedges
    3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    1 red chilli, chopped
    500 g carton passata
    half a chicken stock cube, crumbled
    460 g chicken thigh fillets
    14g of fresh flat leaf parsley, washed and roughly chopped
    2 tsp mixed herbs

Method:
    1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C fan, gas 6. In a large oven proof pan, heat the oil and cook the bacon for 5 minutes until crispy. Remove and reserve for later.
    2. Add the onion, courgette, and aubergine (eggplant) to the pan and fry for 5 minutes. Then add the tomatoes, garlic, chilli, passata, 50ml water and chicken stock cube. Bring to boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for another 5 minutes.
    3. Add the chicken thigh fillets, half of the parsley, reserved bacon and mixed herbs. Stir to coat the chicken in sauce and cook for 30 minutes in the oven. Remove from the oven and serve straight away garnished with the remaining parsley and seasoned with freshly ground black pepper.

Make it veggie: Leave out the bacon and chicken, and replace the chicken stock cube with a vegetable stock cube. Cook the vegetables and serve with a nut roast.

All the best Jan
    flower

Just a reminder …

This is a great chicken dish Smile

Original Recipe Link - https://recipes.sainsburys.co.uk/recipes/main-courses/provencal-chicken

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Dec 15 2018, 13:21

Mustard Chicken with Winter Vegetables

Chicken some facts and recipe ideas - Page 2 Mustardchickenwinterveg

I happened to see this recipe recently and thought it one to share. Some readers may find it a little 'carby', (20g carbs per serving), but if you feel you'd like to give this recipe idea a try then please read on. This recipe suggestion is a great way to make a chicken go further, and the mustard gives it that little kick … great for the winter months. Some may feel it takes a while to do the stock, but it's worth it.

Ingredients:
    Serves 4 - 6
    1 Chicken, about 1.8kg/4lb in weight
    2 Onions
    6 celery sticks
    6 carrots
    2 bay leaves
    2 thyme sprigs
    1 tsp black peppercorn
    50g butter
    100g smoked bacon lardons
    3 small turnips, peeled and cut into wedges (although swede could be substituted if preferred)
    1 tbsp. plain flour
    2 tbsp. wholegrain mustard
    3 rounded tbsp. crème fraîche
    good handful parsley, chopped

Method:
    1. Put the chicken in a large pot. Halve 1 onion, 1 celery stick and 1 carrot. Add to the pot with the herbs, peppercorns and a sprinkling of salt. Add water to come halfway up the chicken, bring to the boil, then cover tightly and simmer for 1½ hrs. Cool slightly, remove the chicken to a dish, then strain the stock into a bowl.
    2. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, strip the meat from the bones and tear into pieces with your hands.
    3. Chop the remaining onion, and cut the celery and carrots into thick slices. Heat the butter in the same pot, add the onion and lardons, then gently fry for 5 mins until just starting to brown. Add the remaining veg, then fry for 2 mins. Stir in the flour, then cook for 1 min. Measure 900ml stock (if you don’t have enough, make it up with water), then gradually add to the pan, stirring. Cover, then simmer for 20-25 mins until vegetables are tender.
    4. Return the chicken to the pan with the mustard and crème fraîche, then return to a simmer, stirring gently. Season and sprinkle with parsley.
    From an idea here
    https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/8199/mustard-chicken-with-winter-vegetables

Bon Appetit  Smile

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon May 13 2019, 19:36

There are so many chicken recipes available and I'm now adding another one ! LOL!

It's French Style Chicken and Fennel Braise

Chicken some facts and recipe ideas - Page 2 FrenchstyleChickenfennelbraise

Nutritional Information Per Serving is 
    Fat 10gr Carbs 27gr Fibre 10gr Protein 47gr 

It is a lovely recipe but some may find the carb count doesn't suit them.
    ( and yes they are potatoes in the picture, which can be substituted for a lower carb alternative )

However, if you'd like to see the recipe in detail use this link here

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Jun 07 2019, 18:41

Chicken some facts and recipe ideas - Page 2 Moroccan-chicken

Moroccan Chicken

Ingredients:
    Serves Four
    1 tbsp. olive oil
    8 skin-on and bone-in chicken thighs
    2 onions, halved and cut into wedges
    500g baby Chantenay carrots, trimmed
    2 cloves garlic, chopped
    1½ tbsp. harissa spice mix (from a jar)
    3-4 preserved lemons, drained and sliced
    3 tbsp. pitted green olives
    500ml chicken stock

Method:
    1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Heat the oil in a casserole and brown the chicken in batches.
    2. Soften the onion and carrots in the casserole for 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then stir in the spice mix. Return the chicken to the pan, putting it on top of the vegetables, skin-side up. Add the preserved lemons and olives, then pour over the stock. Bring to the boil. Cover and cook in the oven for about 45 minutes until the chicken thighs are cooked through. Check the seasoning and serve.
    Why not serve with Cauliflower Couscous!

Tips:
    Make the day before; cool, cover and chill.
    It can also be frozen

Nutrition Per Serving:
    Fat 22g Protein 34g Carbs 15g

From an original idea here
    https://www.sainsburysmagazine.co.uk/recipes/mains/moroccan-chicken

Hope you may enjoy this Moroccan Chicken Recipe soon Smile

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Jun 29 2019, 12:59

Ginger Lime Chicken ... Asian Inspired Low Carb Dish

Chicken some facts and recipe ideas - Page 2 Gingerlimechickendd

This quick and easy low-carb Asian inspired chicken recipe is not only full of flavour, but it is also very versatile. You can double the recipe and have it for dinner one night, and then use the leftover chicken for salads throughout the week.

Ingredients
    Serves Four
    2g net carbs per serving
    1½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    ¼ cup tamari soy sauce or Coconut Aminos
    2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
    2 tsp toasted sesame oil
    1 tsp lime zest
    1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
    1 pinch chili flakes, extra for garnish
    1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted, for garnish (optional)
    1 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish (optional)

Instructions
    for this dish can be found here
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/ginger-lime-chicken

Serve with
    Low Carb Asian Cauliflower Rice, see here
    https://myfoodstory.com/low-carb-asian-cauliflower-rice-recipe/

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Jul 20 2019, 15:29

Chicken some facts and recipe ideas - Page 2 Chickenmushroomstomatosaucedd

Chicken and Mushrooms with Tomato Cream Sauce

Ingredients
    Serves Four
    4g carbs per serving
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    sea salt and ground black pepper
    1 tbsp olive oil
    2 tbsp salted butter
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    6 cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
    1 cup / 225ml heavy (double) whipping cream
    ½ cup / 125ml finely grated parmesan cheese
    ¾ cup / 175ml diced tomatoes
    fresh basil, for garnish
    Serving
    This is a full meal all on its own, but can be served with
    courgette/zucchini noodles, or cauliflower rice.
    Instructions
    Can be found here

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Sep 23 2019, 19:14

Chicken Pot Pies ... low carb

Chicken some facts and recipe ideas - Page 2 Chickenpotpieslowcarbmda

For the Filling, you will need
    4 slices of bacon
    1 white or yellow onion, chopped
    7 ounces/200 grams pre-cooked chicken (meat from approximately 3-4 chicken thighs)
    1 carrot cut into cubes
    1/2 cup chopped turnip
    2/3 cup frozen peas (optional)
    2-3 cups chicken stock or bone broth
    2 tbsp. arrowroot flour

For the Crust, you will need
    1 1/4 cup almond flour
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1 egg
    4 tbsp. ghee

Nutritional Information
    Without Peas: Net Carbs: 14.75 g Fat: 39 g Protein: 29 g
    With Peas: Net Carbs: 17.3 g Fat: 39 g Protein: 30 g

Cooking instructions
    Can be found here
    https://www.marksdailyapple.com/keto-chicken-pot-pies/

Need help with weight/measurement conversion
    Please see here
    https://startcooking.com/measurement-and-conversion-charts

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Sep 30 2019, 22:51

Creamy Chicken Thighs with garlic & mushrooms : Low Carb

Chicken some facts and recipe ideas - Page 2 ChickenthighscreamyGarlicMushroomdd

Here is an absolutely delicious, creamy low carb / LCHF / Keto chicken dish with butter-fried mushrooms, garlic, parmesan and herbs. Serve with a simple green salad or a low carb side dish of your choice... Yum!

Ingredients:
    Serves Four
    6g net carbs per serving
    4 tbsp. butter
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    ½ lb (225g) mushrooms, roughly chopped
    1½ lbs (650g) boneless chicken thighs
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp dried thyme
    ½ tsp dried rosemary
    salt and pepper
    2 tbsp. olive oil
    1¼ cups (300ml) heavy (double) whipping cream or crème fraîche
    2 oz. (50g) parmesan cheese, grated

Instructions:
    Can be seen here
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-garlic-mushroom-chicken-thighs

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Nov 10 2019, 23:56

Italian Chicken Parmesan with Cabbage Pasta : Low Carb / Keto

Chicken some facts and recipe ideas - Page 2 Chickenparmesancabbagepastadd

A simple, creamy chicken parmesan dinner with the added tang of sundried and regular tomatoes. It works just as well for regular weekdays meals as it does for a festive weekend get-together. Serve it on top of butter-fried cabbage strips in place of pasta... delicious!

Ingredients
    Serves Four
    10g net carbs per serving

Italian chicken stew
    2 tbsp. butter for frying
    1¾ lbs (800g) chicken breasts, sliced
    ¼ cup (60ml) tomatoes, sun-dried, coarsely chopped
    8 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
    ½ cup (125ml) parmesan cheese, shredded (grated)
    1 garlic clove, finely chopped
    3 oz. (75g) baby spinach
    1½ cups (350ml) heavy (double) whipping cream
    salt and pepper

Cabbage pasta
    15 oz. (425g) green cabbage, shredded (grated)
    2 tbsp. butter for frying
    salt or pepper

Instructions
    can be seen here
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/italian-keto-chicken-stew-with-cabbage-pasta

All the best Jan
    flower

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19 2024, 06:10