THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+8
Sally
Eddie
mo1905
zand
Avocado Sevenfold
Andy12345
Moose
j
12 posters

Not many members not many newbies but!

zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Not many members not many newbies but! - Page 4 Empty Re: Not many members not many newbies but!

Post by zand Thu Oct 30 2014, 13:37

Andy12345 wrote:Is it because someone here said something about one of their friends elsewhere perhaps that they didn't like?

But if it's the friend I am thinking of.....wasn't that person banned from elsewhere for a while? So isn't that more reason to leave the other place and stay here? Or am I getting muddled again?

You still haven't upset me yet today. Perhaps you will manage it now? Smile
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Not many members not many newbies but! - Page 4 Empty Re: Not many members not many newbies but!

Post by mo1905 Thu Oct 30 2014, 16:14

dianaseaside wrote:
    zand wrote:Hi Diana, please stay around.  I am sure it was just a glitch.  I had problems with not being able to login recently and then when I could login, I couldn't post.  Also in the early days 3 of my posts disappeared when the system wasn't up and running properly.  I was upset because I feel one of them was my best ever post!

The other person who posts have been removed is a well known troll who was here to make trouble.

There is freedom of speech here, honestly.  Please stay and give us another chance.  I would really enjoy chatting to you here
    x

Thank you Zand.  I see a thread I started back in August is still going strong so I'm not sure why I've been targeted now.

I've lost all faith in this forum after reading the latest replies from the mods.   I can't see how to unsubscribe but couldn't help noticing the high number of inactive members.  I wonder why!  Interestingly my question asking how to unsubscribe hasn't been answered, just lots of defensive denials that posts haven't been removed.  They perhaps didn't expect me to take a screen shot yesterday!

This place stinks.  I won't be back but I will see you around.  Thanks for your support, which is what I believed forums were all about.

It's clear someone has upset you and I can't think why but to make things clear, none of your posts have been deleted by any mod here. If there was a problem with your post, it was a technical fault which happen occasionally on any forum. There is no conspiracy and we have nothing to hide. I'm not going to keep apologising for something we haven't done. If your post was that important, post it again ? As for seeing how many inactive members are here, why not do the same at DCUK ? allegedly 125,000 members !! How many regularly post ? So, to summarise, you are welcome to stay or welcome to leave. There will be no more apologies from me. I spend many hours of my spare time trying to help others and posting on this forum. I expect criticism and it doesn't bother me to be honest if I feel it's warranted but to be blamed for things I haven't done is a little annoying to say the least ! Good luck and good health to you ! Mo :-)
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Oct 30 2014, 16:15

dianaseaside wrote:
    mo1905 wrote:
    dianaseaside wrote:
    That's kind Zand, but there isn't freedom of speech at all.    I joined on the recommendation of another genuine contributor whose posts elsewhere I've always respected. Mine yesterday was a genuine contribution, replying to the OP and to Jack, giving constructive criticism and my personal observations as a member

I also lost several posts at the same time that you did but gave this place the benefit of the doubt.  They seem more interested in back-biting, bitching and as a platform for personal conversations between moderators than allowing genuine posters to comment.

I see my profile has had a 'just arrived' description added to it, while my date of joining is listed as August 2014!  There's no place for me here, but I'll enjoying seeing you in the other place.

Hi and apologies if you've experienced a problem with a post you made. I cannot give a full explanation unfortunately because I don't know anything about the content or why it disappeared. All I can say is that it was not deleted my a mod. There is freedom of speech here and we value all contributions. There have been a few "teething problems" as we are a new forum but nothing intentional.
    However, if you still wish to be removed from the forum, please let me know but we would love you to remain a member here and hopefully see that this place isn't all about personal conversations etc.
    Thanks, Mo !

Hi Mo

Yes, I'd still like to be removed from the forum.  Could you tell me how to delete my profile please or do it for me?

Many thanks

No problem, I will delete you from the forum. Take care ! Mo
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Oct 30 2014, 16:17

Sally wrote:Can I just write a note of support for those running this forum.  It must be a total pain in the arse dealing with some people, when all you are really trying to do is help as many as possible.  
    Keep up the good work.
    Sally

Thanks so much Sally ! It's little messages like this that make things worthwhile. This forum malarkey is quite often a thankless task and I know we can't keep everyone happy but some people always look for the negative and miss out on all the good stuff ! Take care, Mo :-)
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Thu Oct 30 2014, 16:24

This whole thing has left me very puzzled indeed but as Mo said-I'm not going to apologise for something we didn't do in the first place but a BIG thanks to you guys on this thread that supported us and what we're trying to achieve,sure means a lot to us on the team. Smile
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Oct 30 2014, 16:26

zand wrote:Well I like Diana and I'm sorry to see her go.  I would be interested to know what were on the screenshots because I'm not aware of what went missing.  I don't believe anything was censored though - I think this was a big misunderstanding.  Yes it is a little ironic to go back to somewhere where there is censorship and where perfectly good newbie threads have been deleted on purpose, especially when that place has been up and running for many years, so there isn't the excuse of being a new forum.  

I shall be staying to speak to Diana elsewhere though as I like her posts.  Smile

Well said Zand ! Tell Diana she's always welcome to return if she wishes but for now I have removed all her account details :-)
    Scandichic
    Scandichic

Female Posts : 109

Post by Scandichic Thu Oct 30 2014, 17:14

If it's any help the other forum ie easier to use as the print can be a bit small. I'm 44 years old you know! However, as this is being done in free time unpaid then I am not complaining. I couldn't do a better job and it must take hours of time!
    I joined because I missed some of the people on this forum who no longer post on the other forum. Yes I know I'm sad! I dip in and out of both forums!
    Part of the issue is that this one is relatively new. Hopefully it will take off too!
    Hugs and thanks
    Scandixxx
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Oct 30 2014, 17:31

Thanks Scandi, most members here ( apart from the banned lol ) regularly post on both forums which is cool ! The more we can get the message out to newbies about low carb etc the better for all ! I couldn't read all of your post as the writing was very small. Could you try to enlarge it please ;-)
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Thu Oct 30 2014, 17:39

mo1905 wrote:Well said Zand ! Tell Diana she's always welcome to return if she wishes but for now I have removed all her account details :-)

That may account for why I just quoted Diana's post in a reply and it disappeared into thin air ...

Anyway, it would be useful to know how her post was deleted in the first place, we don't want to be thowing babies out with the bathwater.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Oct 30 2014, 17:47

sanguine wrote:
    mo1905 wrote:Well said Zand ! Tell Diana she's always welcome to return if she wishes but for now I have removed all her account details :-)

That may account for why I just quoted Diana's post in a reply and it disappeared into thin air ...

Anyway, it would be useful to know how her post was deleted in the first place, we don't want to be thowing babies out with the bathwater.

None of her posts have been removed Rod. If you look back, they are all there under forum name "guest" but all quoted posts show her old forum name.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Oct 30 2014, 17:48

Guest wrote:
    Unlikely explanation given the number of others that have disappeared. Thanks but no thanks Andy.  Can you tell me how to unsubscribe please?

And just to prove the point, this is one of her old posts.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Thu Oct 30 2014, 17:49

sanguine wrote:

Was it a software glitch? Did Diana delete her own post? who knows but it wasn't myself,Mo or Eddie.
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Thu Oct 30 2014, 18:17

mo1905 wrote:
    Guest wrote:
    Unlikely explanation given the number of others that have disappeared. Thanks but no thanks Andy.  Can you tell me how to unsubscribe please?

And just to prove the point, this is one of her old posts.

Thanks Mo, I could see her posts but a reply I drafted quoting one of Diana's went AWOL. Maybe a glitch here, it's been a long day ...
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Thu Oct 30 2014, 22:12

Sally wrote:If Dianaseaside is still there, could she tell us what her post was about, even if the full details are now lost to cyberspace.  
    I had lots of problems with the forum yesterday, it kept going back to the previous day, with no up to date posts showing, so I would back the cock-up theory, rather than conspiracy theory on this occasion.
    Sally

Agree with Sally on this it was probably down to a glitch with the forum, If it had been me I would have just reposted if that then disappeared I would have had concerns.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Fri Oct 31 2014, 09:24

Morning all

Jan and myself were away yesterday or I would have come back on this sooner. Firstly, thank you to the members who offered support and encouragement yesterday. Both Jan and myself have had posts go missing, I don’t know why maybe the forum software is not as good as it should be, but we get it for free so we can’t be too picky. What I have found is if I preview a post first it never goes missing, every time a post has disappeared into the ether, it when we have not previewed it first. Another thing I now do on any post more than a couple of lines is to write the post in a word document and file in a forum post folder, that way I have a copy in case I have a problem as aforementioned. This only adds a few seconds to the procedure of posting a comment or starting a new thread.

Yesterday Paul and Mo bent over backwards to appease the offended member, it is my opinion the said member did not want to hear of an explanation and her protest was way over the top for such a minor inconvenience that took place. This is a member who joined at the start with great enthusiasm for the forum and then never posted for the thick end of two months. She then returns bellowing the forum has no freedom of speech and the forum stinks, I have one keen sense of smell, and something was certainly stinking alright, and it was not the way this forum is moderated.

So, thank you most sincerely to the genuine members that have worked hard and make this small forum a place of sound information. The people that set the place up have a responsibility to do the best we can, but none of us are perfect. We will also never forget, it is the members that make or break a forum, and that you also work for no financial reward and give your valuable time generously for the benefit of others.

Our forum rules are very few, basically to keep the place legal, I can assure you freedom of speech is our number one priority here, I have seen far too much, post deletion, editing, thread locking and banning elsewhere. I personally am only too happy to receive the harshest criticism. Over six years ago it hurt, these days I accept ridicule, criticism and insults as a gift. The very last thing I would do is delete a post that will keep the debate or dialogue going, a place where we all agreed would not hold my interest or attention for very long. A cakes and commiserations club is the last thing I want to be involved with.

Regards Eddie
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Fri Oct 31 2014, 10:49

eddie1 wrote: What I have found is if I preview a post first it never goes missing, every time a post has disappeared into the ether, it when we have not previewed it first. Another thing I now do on any post more than a couple of lines is to write the post in a word document and file in a forum post folder, that way I have a copy in case I have a problem as aforementioned. This only adds a few seconds to the procedure of posting a comment or starting a new thread.

Over six years ago it hurt, these days I accept ridicule, criticism and insults as a gift. Regards Eddie

I hadn't noticed that about previewing a post first.  Thanks Eddie that's a good tip. Yes, I also put my longer posts (not that many!) into a word document just in case they go disappearing into the ether.

I'm not quite there yet with the way to handle ridicule, criticism and insults, but I'm getting there slowly.   Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 11:25