THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+8
Sally
Eddie
mo1905
zand
Avocado Sevenfold
Andy12345
Moose
j
12 posters

Not many members not many newbies but!

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Not many members not many newbies but! Empty Not many members not many newbies but!

Post by Eddie Wed Oct 29 2014, 14:14

Clearly we have not got off to a blistering start in the recruitment of new members, the same goes for newbies and the long time poorly controlled diabetics. There are various reasons for this and are being addressed, but we should not be down hearted.

Looking at the reads on the first page of the general discussion forum a few minutes ago the read count was 15,571 and remember that was only the first page. Our main blog has received over 1.2 million page views, but does not receive many comments. This tells me although we have not many members, countless people are reading what we write, and by definition we are spreading the low carb word far and wide.  We are making a difference !

Years ago, when I set out on the road to take the low carb salvation for diabetics to as many people as possible, I had one aim. I thought if I can save one diabetic from the grim complications we hear about so often, it would be a good use of my time. Together the members here have saved many from diabetic complications and added many good active years to peoples lives.

All we have to do is keep posting, keep talking and we will continue to help people we will never meet, they may never join the forum and we will not know of them, but they will know, they will remember reading about the low carb lifestyle posts on this forum, and they will pass the message on. For us this is not about glory.

When a Roman General returned to Rome in triumph, after conquering armies or gaining more wealth for the Empire, a great celebration was staged and the General was hailed as a hero of the people as he entered the City.  On his chariot behind him stood a slave, sent by the Emperor, who whispered in the Generals ear and reminded him, all glory is fleeting.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Not many members not many newbies but! Empty Re: Not many members not many newbies but!

Post by Andy12345 Wed Oct 29 2014, 14:36

i agree Eddie, even if someone doesn't adopt the low carb lifestyle, just thinking about the carbs in a different way could make a difference, making people aware is all we can try to do, as the news spreads it will reinforce itself each time they hear about the evils of carbs, so I'm very happy to be here amongst friends chatting away, hopefully spreading the word as we go Smile
    j

Male Posts : 111

Not many members not many newbies but! Empty Re: Not many members not many newbies but!

Post by j Wed Oct 29 2014, 14:37

I think a clearer 'Ask on/join our forum' link headder on the main lowcarb page would be better, you have to search on the page for the link.
    stop talking about other sites, it's not professional, a bitchfest is only entertaining to a few people
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Oct 29 2014, 16:24

Jack4 wrote:I think a clearer 'Ask on/join our forum' link headder on the main lowcarb page would be better, you have to search on the page for the link.
    stop talking about other sites, it's not professional, a bitchfest is only entertaining to a few people

Jack I am not sure what you mean in your first comment, please could you clarify, thank you.

As for your second comment, in a perfect world we would all be posting up and discussing latest scientific papers and trials etc. Posting up links to great low carb recipe sites and be very professional. I see it this way, you can have the best forum or blog in the world, but if no one reads it, it's not much use. The days when you could tap someone on the shoulder and say 'I say old chap have you heard' are gone, these days you have to hit someone with a bat if you want to be noticed.

As an example check out what posts have the most comments and reads on this or most forums. Then check out the 'professional' type posts on this forum and you will see they disappear without a single comment being made. So, a bun fight or un-professional post can bring people in, and when they look, they see other posts such as success stories and good recipes and sound information.

The page views on our main blog can go up by up to 500 per day when wind up and grief posts are published, but the stats tell us they are staying around and reading lots of the 'professional' stuff. We live in a world where there is no such thing as bad publicity. I will use any trick in the book to get peoples attention for our low carb cause, but I am open to offers of other methods. Personally, I don't have a problem with annoying all the right people, just ask Giverny, she locked her twitter account within ten minutes of me posting a link here yesterday.

Regards Eddie
    Moose
    Moose
    Forum Jester

Post by Moose Wed Oct 29 2014, 17:26

I could easily remedy the issues you are having with this forum.

But....

Unfortunately Eddie you have made the classic smart person's mistake of thinking no one's smarter than you.

You're "Word Smart" Eddie but that it. You,Mo, Paul and Graham no nothing about I.T, S.E.O or promotion in general.

However I do know this stuff and could easily raise the number of members and audience figures in a under a month.

But...

If you want me to help you lot, you going to have follow my advice to the letter with no deviation or modification. And I can guarantee you won't like most of my changes, but if you want a forum to rival DCUK then you going to have to fall in to rank.

General Moose geek Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Wed Oct 29 2014, 17:37

*Noted* freakout

Anyway back later as my 'Pot Noodle' is going soggy. Wink
    Moose
    Moose
    Forum Jester

Post by Moose Wed Oct 29 2014, 17:47

Paul wrote:*Noted* freakout

Anyway back later as my 'Pot Noodle' is going soggy. Wink

Make sure you don't spill it down your crotch this time. Very Happy

General Moose Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Moderator In Training Cool
    j

Male Posts : 111

Post by j Wed Oct 29 2014, 18:11

my impression/memory of the main page was wrong, the forum link is the first on the page and I have visited the page on previous occasions and found it worthwhile, without knowing who owned it
    http://www.lowcarbdiabetic.co.uk/

getting page hits when controversial may not be from 'new' people, I can think of instances where hits are from a circular group. where a link is handed around to view the latest 'shockjock' event.

shockjock internet won't keep my attention, nor will a constant, "look what the other site is doing"
    It isn't attracting new posters, to grow this site for a couple of reasons,
    !. they don't know the politics behind it
    2. even when told, they don't care or want to know....even though I am having a current 'holiday' myself....I still don't care
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Oct 29 2014, 19:01

"my impression/memory of the main page was wrong, the forum link is the first on the page and I have visited the page on previous occasions and found it worthwhile, without knowing who owned it
    http://www.lowcarbdiabetic.co.uk/"

Jack I set up that website and wrote 99% of the content and have funded the cost of hosting for around six years.

"getting page hits when controversial may not be from 'new' people, I can think of instances where hits are from a circular group. where a link is handed around to view the latest 'shockjock' event."

Agreed.

"shockjock internet won't keep my attention, nor will a constant, "look what the other site is doing"
    2. even when told, they don't care or want to know....even though I am having a current 'holiday' myself....I still don't care"

I see your point. What do you suggest would be a good way of promoting our forum and getting new members, bearing in mind money for advertising is limited.

Regards Eddie
    Moose
    Moose
    Forum Jester

Post by Moose Wed Oct 29 2014, 19:05

eddie1 wrote:"my impression/memory of the main page was wrong, the forum link is the first on the page and I have visited the page on previous occasions and found it worthwhile, without knowing who owned it
    http://www.lowcarbdiabetic.co.uk/"

Jack I set up that website and wrote 99% of the content and have funded the cost of hosting for around six years.

"getting page hits when controversial may not be from 'new' people, I can think of instances where hits are from a circular group. where a link is handed around to view the latest 'shockjock' event."

Agreed.

"shockjock internet won't keep my attention, nor will a constant, "look what the other site is doing"
    2. even when told, they don't care or want to know....even though I am having a current 'holiday' myself....I still don't care"

I see your point. What do you suggest would be a good way of promoting our forum and getting new members, bearing in mind money for advertising is limited.

Regards Eddie

Hello Eddie, did you not read my reply I can do this virtually free.

General Moose Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Oct 29 2014, 19:09

General Moose wrote:I could easily remedy the issues you are having with this forum.

But....

Unfortunately Eddie you have made the classic smart person's mistake of thinking no one's smarter than you.

You're  "Word Smart" Eddie but that it. You,Mo, Paul and Graham no nothing about I.T, S.E.O or promotion in general.

However I do  know this stuff and could easily raise the number of members and audience figures in a under a month.

But...

If you want me to help you lot, you going to have follow my advice to the letter with no deviation or modification. And I can guarantee you won't like most of my changes, but if you want a forum to rival DCUK then you going to have to fall in to rank.

General Moose  geek  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven

Well Moose you have me all of a quandary. Are you the biggest bullshiter that ever came up the pike, or a very clever person?

You said

"If you want me to help you lot, you going to have follow my advice to the letter with no deviation or modification. And I can guarantee you won't like most of my changes, but if you want a forum to rival DCUK then you going to have to fall in to rank"

You have the chance to prove you are not all talk and idiotic statements, go for it, tell us what we are doing wrong. we are always willing to learn.

Regards Eddie
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Wed Oct 29 2014, 19:14

We're all ears 'Moose' ! Wink
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Oct 29 2014, 19:17

Paul wrote:We're all ears 'Moose' ! Wink

Paul I believe a severe reprimand is in order. It's 'General Moose' to a pleb like you. lol!
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Wed Oct 29 2014, 19:22

YES SIR!!!! 100 pushups over a bed of hot coals immediately SIR!! freakout lol!
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Wed Oct 29 2014, 19:27

personally, i believe we are not trying to be like the other place are we? if i wanted to be at the other place i would go to the other place and sometimes do just that, i thought this was a forum for the advice and information about low carb diabetic control, for me its an added bonus that we are friendly and get along, as far as i can tell the other places arent dedicated to this method of control and not as straight talking, without the political correctness constraints of the other places that have sponsors to keep happy, i thought we were all about honesty knowledge and experience, if we can have laugh on the way its all good, but if we are trying to be massive, why bother? why not just be there instead of here? i believe the membership would grow in time naturally, but i havent made the mistake of thinking im the cleverest person here....cos i know i aint Smile so what do i know
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Wed Oct 29 2014, 19:30

OK guys. I've had a tiring day. I'm guessing Moose will want to be the only moderator and will promptly ban us all, unless we're Polish and male. 'bye then, it was nice knowing you all Rolling Eyes What a Face
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Wed Oct 29 2014, 19:32

i think we have enough chiefs lol
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Wed Oct 29 2014, 19:51

We're never gonna keep everyone happy but I believe we still serve a purpose and have had fantastic success in such a short time. Jack, I hear what you say and your ideas have been discussed before. First and foremost, we are a friendly forum promoting a low carb lifestyle. However, occasionally the "other forum" will crop up on our pages simply because they are a huge network and because many members here still post there. We do try to limit references to DCUK but when the Hilary Jones debacle takes place or good guys get banned for no reason it's difficult not to comment.
    The strength of this forum is the knowledge of the members but I'll be honest, I have no experience promoting sites and any sensible ( non military ) ideas gratefully received.
    Moose
    Moose
    Forum Jester

Post by Moose Wed Oct 29 2014, 19:54

First I need moderator status in order so I can get at the substructure of the forum. Unless you know anything about coding its would be like Albert Einstein trying to explain the theory of relativity to a bunch of simple simon's a waste of time.

So... I need moderator privileges

Second you need to temporally reactivate the PM function on this forum so I can issure orders in private.  We don’t want to give the opposition a heads up on whats going on so they can counter.

So... activate the PM function.

Thirdly someone needs to investigate the costs involve with having the adverts remove from the forum.

So... chop chop Paul

Fourthly I will set up a domain name for the forum free of charge.

So... any ideas what you want to call the forum domain?

General Moose  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven

Moderator In Training  Cool

Last edited by General Moose on Wed Oct 29 2014, 20:10; edited 3 times in total
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Wed Oct 29 2014, 19:56

lol! is that all?
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Wed Oct 29 2014, 19:57

you have made the classic smart person's mistake of thinking no one's smarter than you.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Wed Oct 29 2014, 19:59

Tumbleweed.com ?
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Wed Oct 29 2014, 19:59

Time for some calm down time 'General Moose' Hows about a bit of 90's music with a possible 'Apt' title... Wink

Moose
    Moose
    Forum Jester

Post by Moose Wed Oct 29 2014, 20:07

mo1905 wrote:Tumbleweed.com ?

Which is what's going to happen to the forum unless you allow me to lead you to greatness.

Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Oct 29 2014, 20:16

Moose, sorry, General Moose. I would rather nail my nuts to the mast of a sinking ship than see you with moderators access here. You have provided great mirth and fun here and I thank you. Can I interest you in our vacancy for a court jester, a position you are abundantly well qualified for.

Eddie

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06 2024, 20:12