THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+8
Sally
Eddie
mo1905
zand
Avocado Sevenfold
Andy12345
Moose
j
12 posters

Not many members not many newbies but!

Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Not many members not many newbies but! - Page 2 Empty Re: Not many members not many newbies but!

Post by Andy12345 Wed Oct 29 2014, 20:17

I'm curious sir, if you are Albert Einstein on a computer and have a deep desire to moderate us to greatness why not make a forum of your own, I'd love to join it
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Not many members not many newbies but! - Page 2 Empty Re: Not many members not many newbies but!

Post by Eddie Wed Oct 29 2014, 20:19

It could be cool how about 'Moose's mad house'
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Wed Oct 29 2014, 20:27

Hows about 'Jovial Jones' ? freakout
    Moose
    Moose
    Forum Jester

Post by Moose Wed Oct 29 2014, 20:31

eddie1 wrote:Moose, sorry, General Moose. I would rather nail my nuts to the mast of a sinking ship than see you with moderators access here. You have provided great mirth and fun here and I thank you. Can I interest you in our vacancy for a court jester, a position you are abundantly well qualified for.

Eddie

I would nail your gonads to the monitor Eddie as your forum is sinking as you know.

Nothing to loss and everything to gain.

What wouldn't you give for audience. Twisted Evil

General Moose Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Moderator In Training
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Wed Oct 29 2014, 20:32

General Moose wrote:
    eddie1 wrote:Moose, sorry, General Moose. I would rather nail my nuts to the mast of a sinking ship than see you with moderators access here. You have provided great mirth and fun here and I thank you. Can I interest you in our vacancy for a court jester, a position you are abundantly well qualified for.

Eddie

I would nail your gonads to the monitor Eddie as your forum is sinking as you know.

Nothing to loss and everything to gain.

What wouldn't you give for audience. Twisted Evil

General Moose Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Moderator In Training

do widzenia doktor.
    Moose
    Moose
    Forum Jester

Post by Moose Wed Oct 29 2014, 20:39

zand wrote:

do widzenia doktor.

I speech and read polish Zand amongst other languages, "to view doctor" the transition. I haven't a clue what it references.

Moderator In Training Cool
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Wed Oct 29 2014, 20:42

General Moose wrote:
    zand wrote:

do widzenia doktor.

I speech and read polish Zand amongst other languages, "to view doctor"  the transition. I haven't a clue what it references.

General Moose  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven

Moderator In Training  Cool

"to view doctor" lol .
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Oct 29 2014, 20:44

"I speech and read polish Zand amongst other languages" Please forgive my impertinence General Moose, but is English a language you are familiar with ?

Only asking.
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Wed Oct 29 2014, 20:51

General Moose

Nie można mówić po polsku!
    Moose
    Moose
    Forum Jester

Post by Moose Wed Oct 29 2014, 21:00

zand wrote:General Moose

Nie można mówić po polsku!

Its called dyslexic caused by a piece of shrapnel in my skull protecting your freedoms.

Moderator in Training, nope bugger it your loss.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Oct 29 2014, 21:12

"shrapnel in my skull" Thank you for keeping us fully informed General Moose, I can fully appreciate shrapnel in your skull can have a profound influence on a persons ability to think in a logical and coherent manner.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your posts, which have provided much merriment and amusement for the members. I am sure we all look forward to more of your valuable and highly memorable posts.
    j

Male Posts : 111

Post by j Wed Oct 29 2014, 21:22

mo1905 wrote:We're never gonna keep everyone happy but I believe we still serve a purpose and have had fantastic success in such a short time. Jack, I hear what you say and your ideas have been discussed before. First and foremost, we are a friendly forum promoting a low carb lifestyle. However, occasionally the "other forum" will crop up on our pages simply because they are a huge network and because many members here still post there. We do try to limit references to DCUK but when the Hilary Jones debacle takes place or good guys get banned for no reason it's difficult not to comment.
    The strength of this forum is the knowledge of the members but I'll be honest, I have no experience promoting sites and any sensible ( non military ) ideas gratefully received.
    I think hilary on FB was a valid topic, that I myself commented on. The guy was a twat with answers of value, only if they were written on toilet paper. Then they would be at least good for wiping your arse with.

I'm a user not a manager and I'm sure there will be sites and forums on how to grow a site...but my off the cuff thoughts

as to building membership, the main page is getting the hits
    you could have a promo of...got a question? ask our forum members..and a nonmember guest thread where they can ask without joining first off. this will stop the whole forum being spammed and only one page to clean up.
    interaction Q&A will build a following and membership to join in the main forum pages..make the initial question as easy as possible to ask

I don't know if you could get the main page directing here to the forum and then to the blogspots or the blogspts linked off the forum. I think people are being directed to too many sites at the moment.

Visit The Low Carb Diabetic Forum https://lowcarbdiabetic.forumotion.co.uk

"Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food." Hippocrates

Visit our new blog low carb diabetic www.lowcarbdiabetic.wordpress.com

Visit our Low Carb blog www.thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com

Visit our Low Carb food recipe blog www.lowcarbdietsandrecipes.blogspot.com
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Wed Oct 29 2014, 22:45

Thanks Jack for taking the time to provide a few ideas which we will take on board. It's still early days and we don't pretend to know it all so advice & feedback always welcome. It would also help if all our great members can help push our site wherever possible on their own social media sites. Take care, Mo.
    Moose
    Moose
    Forum Jester

Post by Moose Wed Oct 29 2014, 22:57

eddie1 wrote:"shrapnel in my skull" Thank you for keeping us fully informed General Moose, I can fully appreciate shrapnel in your skull can have a profound influence on a persons ability to think in a logical and coherent manner..

So what struck you in the head Eddie?

Moose

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30 2014, 07:03

Well, that's odd.  I posted on this thread yesterday.  A genuine post from a genuine member.  My post, and the one I quoted have been deleted.

So much for freedom of speech!  Could one of you gentlemen please tell me how I can unsubscribe from this forum?  It obviously isn't the place for a genuine poster and low-carber looking to manage her diabetes like me.

Thanks

Last edited by dianaseaside on Thu Oct 30 2014, 07:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Thu Oct 30 2014, 07:16

hi Diana, I'm sure if your post was a reasonable one (i didn't see it) there must have been some kind of error, if you want to, maybe hang around for someone and an explanation

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30 2014, 07:24

Unlikely explanation given the number of others that have disappeared. Thanks but no thanks Andy. Can you tell me how to unsubscribe please?
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Thu Oct 30 2014, 07:25

I'm sorry i have no idea
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Oct 30 2014, 07:42

Hi Diana, please stay around. I am sure it was just a glitch. I had problems with not being able to login recently and then when I could login, I couldn't post. Also in the early days 3 of my posts disappeared when the system wasn't up and running properly. I was upset because I feel one of them was my best ever post!

The other person who posts have been removed is a well known troll who was here to make trouble.

There is freedom of speech here, honestly. Please stay and give us another chance. I would really enjoy chatting to you here
    x

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30 2014, 07:55

That's kind Zand, but there isn't freedom of speech at all. I joined on the recommendation of another genuine contributor whose posts elsewhere I've always respected. Mine yesterday was a genuine contribution, replying to the OP and to Jack, giving constructive criticism and my personal observations as a member

I also lost several posts at the same time that you did but gave this place the benefit of the doubt. They seem more interested in back-biting, bitching and as a platform for personal conversations between moderators than allowing genuine posters to comment.

I see my profile has had a 'just arrived' description added to it, while my date of joining is listed as August 2014! There's no place for me here, but I'll enjoying seeing you in the other place.

zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Oct 30 2014, 08:01

OK See you there then. So sorry this has happened. The 'just arrived' thing is there probably because of the new 'star' system and changes with the no. of posts you make. I can see how it's not really appropriate in your case.

I'm sad to see you leave.
    x
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Female Posts : 258

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Thu Oct 30 2014, 08:08

Hi Diana Very Happy I too think there must have been a glitch. Can't think you would post anything that warranted being deleted. Hope you stick around x
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Oct 30 2014, 08:10

Avocado Sevenfold wrote:Hi Diana Very Happy I too think there must have been a glitch.  Can't think you would post anything that warranted being deleted.  Hope you stick around x

+1 !
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Thu Oct 30 2014, 08:20

dianaseaside wrote:
    That's kind Zand, but there isn't freedom of speech at all.    I joined on the recommendation of another genuine contributor whose posts elsewhere I've always respected. Mine yesterday was a genuine contribution, replying to the OP and to Jack, giving constructive criticism and my personal observations as a member

I also lost several posts at the same time that you did but gave this place the benefit of the doubt.  They seem more interested in back-biting, bitching and as a platform for personal conversations between moderators than allowing genuine posters to comment.

I see my profile has had a 'just arrived' description added to it, while my date of joining is listed as August 2014!  There's no place for me here, but I'll enjoying seeing you in the other place.

Hi and apologies if you've experienced a problem with a post you made. I cannot give a full explanation unfortunately because I don't know anything about the content or why it disappeared. All I can say is that it was not deleted my a mod. There is freedom of speech here and we value all contributions. There have been a few "teething problems" as we are a new forum but nothing intentional.
    However, if you still wish to be removed from the forum, please let me know but we would love you to remain a member here and hopefully see that this place isn't all about personal conversations etc.
    Thanks, Mo !
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Thu Oct 30 2014, 08:33

It doesn't seem very difficult to upset people these days

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 12:53