THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+8
Sally
Eddie
mo1905
zand
Avocado Sevenfold
Andy12345
Moose
j
12 posters

Not many members not many newbies but!

zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Not many members not many newbies but! - Page 3 Empty Re: Not many members not many newbies but!

Post by zand Thu Oct 30 2014, 08:40

Andy12345 wrote:It doesn't seem very difficult to upset people these days

It is upsetting when your posts go missing.  I wish there was some way we could find them and put them back because I like Diana's posts.

edit: - Andy you haven't upset me at all today ...yet Wink
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Not many members not many newbies but! - Page 3 Empty Re: Not many members not many newbies but!

Post by Andy12345 Thu Oct 30 2014, 08:50

Im not as precious about my posts probly cos there rubbish lol, but to spit your dummy and rant on about not having a freedom of speech policy here because a post dropped off the planet by accident seems a bit of an over reaction? In my opinion there is a FAR greater freedom of speech here than the place Diana is talking about
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Oct 30 2014, 08:57

Andy12345 wrote:Im not as precious about my posts probly cos there rubbish lol, but to spit your dummy and rant on about not having a freedom of speech policy here because a post dropped off the planet by accident seems a bit of an over reaction? In my opinion there is a FAR greater freedom of speech here than the place Diana is talking about

Well I don't think it was just the posts that made her cross. But, yes I agree I have lost quite a few good posts over there because whole threads have been deleted when just one person was making trouble. There is freedom of speech here, but I could see how Diana might think there wasn't because her posts aren't there anymore.

I am just sad to see her leave. Sad
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Thu Oct 30 2014, 09:01

mo1905 wrote:
    dianaseaside wrote:
    That's kind Zand, but there isn't freedom of speech at all.    I joined on the recommendation of another genuine contributor whose posts elsewhere I've always respected. Mine yesterday was a genuine contribution, replying to the OP and to Jack, giving constructive criticism and my personal observations as a member

I also lost several posts at the same time that you did but gave this place the benefit of the doubt.  They seem more interested in back-biting, bitching and as a platform for personal conversations between moderators than allowing genuine posters to comment.

I see my profile has had a 'just arrived' description added to it, while my date of joining is listed as August 2014!  There's no place for me here, but I'll enjoying seeing you in the other place.

Hi and apologies if you've experienced a problem with a post you made. I cannot give a full explanation unfortunately because I don't know anything about the content or why it disappeared. All I can say is that it was not deleted my a mod. There is freedom of speech here and we value all contributions. There have been a few "teething problems" as we are a new forum but nothing intentional.
    However, if you still wish to be removed from the forum, please let me know but we would love you to remain a member here and hopefully see that this place isn't all about personal conversations etc.
    Thanks, Mo !

+1000 We DO have a free speech policy here and ALL contributions are welcome apart from those of one well known troll who is so ridiculous we have no choice but to edit for decencies sake.
    Diana,I too have not seen the post of yours you are referring to and I certainly have not edited any of your content...I am sorry you feel this forum is not for you and do hope you will reconsider joining in with our community.

Best wishes

Paul
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Thu Oct 30 2014, 09:08

[quote="zand"]
    Andy12345 wrote:

edit:  - Andy you haven't upset me at all today ...yet Wink

theres still time Smile
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Oct 30 2014, 09:10

Andy12345 wrote:
    zand wrote:
    Andy12345 wrote:

edit:  - Andy you haven't upset me at all today ...yet Wink

theres still time Smile

lol yeh Rolling Eyes
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Oct 30 2014, 09:43

*Update* Just to clarify things I have looked in the 'Moderator action' panel and no posts of Diana's have been deleted,intentionally or accidentally in any way.

Thanks

Paul
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Thu Oct 30 2014, 09:45

The only other person other than Mo or Paul who could have deleted any posts is me and I can assure I deleted no posts yesterday. The only posts that have been deliberately deleted appertain to the same well known troll who has joined this forum on at least six occasions under different names and been banned each time.

As for freedom of speech we actively encourage it, we have nothing to hide. Even the now banned Moose posts have not been deleted. I find it ironic that we are accused of not allowing freedom of speech when over at the big one, six threads were locked within minutes concerning the Hilary Jones fiasco. If that is not a manifest example of zero freedom of speech I don't know what is.

Eddie
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Thu Oct 30 2014, 09:48

Thanks for the clarification. The last thing we want is members believing we intentionally delete posts or do not welcome free speech, far from it ! Post away, even if we disagree, we will discuss, not delete.
    Sally
    Sally

Post by Sally Thu Oct 30 2014, 10:28

If Dianaseaside is still there, could she tell us what her post was about, even if the full details are now lost to cyberspace.
    I had lots of problems with the forum yesterday, it kept going back to the previous day, with no up to date posts showing, so I would back the cock-up theory, rather than conspiracy theory on this occasion.
    Sally
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Oct 30 2014, 10:38

The time issue is due to a global change with the platform host providers,I found this earlier...My bold.

"We are very happy to announce an update of the timezone management on Forumotion forums.

The timezone settings are much more precise now : you can be sure that the forum will show the right time according to your location.
    However, you will see, as the choice of locations is much larger than it was before, you and your members have to make some little adjustments.

It is important to choose a Timezone which corresponds most closely to your geographical location.

Don’t forget, there are 2 different Timezone settings to consider on your forum:

The forum's default Timezone

The personal Timezone in the profile of the user

So, if you are the founder of the forum you have to check both of them. The members of your forum have to adjust the second one, in their profiles. "

The default time settings are correct in the forum manager so anyone experiencing issues need to tweak their individual time settings to suit. Wink

Cheers

Paul

zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Oct 30 2014, 10:55

Sally wrote:If Dianaseaside is still there, could she tell us what her post was about, even if the full details are now lost to cyberspace.  
    I had lots of problems with the forum yesterday, it kept going back to the previous day, with no up to date posts showing, so I would back the cock-up theory, rather than conspiracy theory on this occasion.
    Sally

Yes I agree. I couldn't see up to date posts either. I know a while back I had problems posting , I'm sure I clicked 'send' a few times but it didn't always appear on the thread. I have had that happen elsewhere too.
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Oct 30 2014, 10:56

Paul wrote:The time issue is due to a global change with the platform host providers,I found this earlier...My bold.

"We are very happy to announce an update of the timezone management on Forumotion forums.

The timezone settings are much more precise now :  you can be sure that  the forum will show the right time according to your location.
    However, you will see, as the choice of locations is much larger than it was before, you and your members have to make some little adjustments.

It is important to choose a Timezone which corresponds most closely to your geographical location.  

Don’t forget, there are 2 different Timezone settings to consider on your forum:

So, if you are the founder of the forum you have to check both of them. The members of your forum have to adjust the second one, in their profiles. "

The default time settings are correct in the forum manager so anyone experiencing issues need to tweak their individual time settings to suit. Wink

Cheers

Paul

So you weren't trying to send me away to Papua New Guinea after all? Smile
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Oct 30 2014, 10:57

zand wrote:
    Paul wrote:The time issue is due to a global change with the platform host providers,I found this earlier...My bold.

The timezone settings are much more precise now :  you can be sure that  the forum will show the right time according to your location.

Cheers

Paul

So you weren't trying to send me away to Papua New Guinea after all? Smile

LOL! Wouldn't dream of it! Very Happy

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30 2014, 11:13

eddie1 wrote:The only other person other than Mo or Paul who could have deleted any posts is me and I can assure I deleted no posts yesterday. The only posts that have been deliberately deleted appertain to the same well known troll who has joined this forum on at least six occasions under different names and been banned each time.

As for freedom of speech we actively encourage it, we have nothing to hide. Even the now banned Moose posts have not been deleted. I find it ironic that we are accused of not allowing freedom of speech when over at the big one, six threads were locked within minutes concerning the Hilary Jones fiasco. If that is not a manifest example of zero freedom of speech I don't know what is.

Eddie

So Eddie, where have all the posts gone that refer to unprofessionalism, including the one from Jack 4? And where has your post gone which names a moderator on another forum, which is the one I quoted ??

And why are there still messages from Moose??
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Oct 30 2014, 11:21

dianaseaside wrote:
    eddie1 wrote:The only other person other than Mo or Paul who could have deleted any posts is me and I can assure I deleted no posts yesterday. The only posts that have been deliberately deleted appertain to the same well known troll who has joined this forum on at least six occasions under different names and been banned each time.

Eddie

So Eddie, where have all the posts gone that refer to unprofessionalism, including the one from Jack 4?  And where has your post gone which names a moderator on another forum, which is the one I quoted ??

And why are there still messages from Moose??

I'm sure Eddie will answer you later but Jack's posts are still here on page one of this thread and as I stated earlier I accessed the database earlier and no posts have been removed by anyone,if any of us had done so I would be able to see it.
    Moose's posts are still here as the ones that remain broke no forum rules.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30 2014, 11:51

zand wrote:Hi Diana, please stay around.  I am sure it was just a glitch.  I had problems with not being able to login recently and then when I could login, I couldn't post.  Also in the early days 3 of my posts disappeared when the system wasn't up and running properly.  I was upset because I feel one of them was my best ever post!

The other person who posts have been removed is a well known troll who was here to make trouble.

There is freedom of speech here, honestly.  Please stay and give us another chance.  I would really enjoy chatting to you here
    x

Thank you Zand. I see a thread I started back in August is still going strong so I'm not sure why I've been targeted now.

I've lost all faith in this forum after reading the latest replies from the mods. I can't see how to unsubscribe but couldn't help noticing the high number of inactive members. I wonder why! Interestingly my question asking how to unsubscribe hasn't been answered, just lots of defensive denials that posts haven't been removed. They perhaps didn't expect me to take a screen shot yesterday!

This place stinks. I won't be back but I will see you around. Thanks for your support, which is what I believed forums were all about.
    Sally
    Sally

Post by Sally Thu Oct 30 2014, 11:59

Can I just write a note of support for those running this forum. It must be a total pain in the arse dealing with some people, when all you are really trying to do is help as many as possible.
    Keep up the good work.
    Sally
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Oct 30 2014, 12:11

Yes, thanks guys. I've had less problems here than at some other places Smile I appreciate you all too, (especially now I know you weren't trying to send me away to Papua New Guinea). Thank you everyone for all your hard work in setting up and running this forum Smile I love you

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30 2014, 12:28

mo1905 wrote:
    dianaseaside wrote:
    That's kind Zand, but there isn't freedom of speech at all.    I joined on the recommendation of another genuine contributor whose posts elsewhere I've always respected. Mine yesterday was a genuine contribution, replying to the OP and to Jack, giving constructive criticism and my personal observations as a member

I also lost several posts at the same time that you did but gave this place the benefit of the doubt.  They seem more interested in back-biting, bitching and as a platform for personal conversations between moderators than allowing genuine posters to comment.

I see my profile has had a 'just arrived' description added to it, while my date of joining is listed as August 2014!  There's no place for me here, but I'll enjoying seeing you in the other place.

Hi and apologies if you've experienced a problem with a post you made. I cannot give a full explanation unfortunately because I don't know anything about the content or why it disappeared. All I can say is that it was not deleted my a mod. There is freedom of speech here and we value all contributions. There have been a few "teething problems" as we are a new forum but nothing intentional.
    However, if you still wish to be removed from the forum, please let me know but we would love you to remain a member here and hopefully see that this place isn't all about personal conversations etc.
    Thanks, Mo !

Hi Mo

Yes, I'd still like to be removed from the forum. Could you tell me how to delete my profile please or do it for me?

Many thanks
    Sally
    Sally

Post by Sally Thu Oct 30 2014, 12:50

The best and quickest way to effectively remove yourself from a forum is to stop posting. I thought you were going to do that anyway. Don't worry, we'll soon forget all about you.
    Sally
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Thu Oct 30 2014, 12:57

lol, is this funny? I'm not sure, its definitely weird! you make a forum for people to chat and get some helpful info about diabetes, you spend your time encouraging and helping, posting yummy recipes and having some fun along the way, no one if forced to come here or read anything, nor have i seen anyone get any stick from the moderating team, quite the opposite, and people like this come here and say things like this? they accuse you guys or censorship, then when you explain nothing was censored you are accused of defensive denials? when you have had the decency to reply to them, then to leave with a "this place stinks" and run back to the other place where we are not allowed to question the management, its impossible to delete an account or unsubscribe, and you are afraid to open your mouth, you are getting paid for this? sponsorship monies? why would someone who pretends they are a nice person behave like that? is it because someone here said something about one of their friends elsewhere perhaps that they didn't like?
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Oct 30 2014, 13:09

Well I like Diana and I'm sorry to see her go. I would be interested to know what were on the screenshots because I'm not aware of what went missing. I don't believe anything was censored though - I think this was a big misunderstanding. Yes it is a little ironic to go back to somewhere where there is censorship and where perfectly good newbie threads have been deleted on purpose, especially when that place has been up and running for many years, so there isn't the excuse of being a new forum.

I shall be staying to speak to Diana elsewhere though as I like her posts. Smile
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Female Posts : 258

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Thu Oct 30 2014, 13:18

This place stinks

I blame the flax seeds pale
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Oct 30 2014, 13:21

Avocado Sevenfold wrote:
    This place stinks

I blame the flax seeds pale

+1 ! Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 11:59