THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

Thank you to all the members.

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Thank you to all the members. Empty Thank you to all the members.

Post by Eddie Fri Aug 15 2014, 11:42

Thank you to all the members.

Hi to all the people who have joined this new low carb forum, I am over the moon with how our first day has gone. Thank you to every person who made the effort to join and I hope you will all post regularly and we can all progress our knowledge together and most importantly, help others to a safer place. Some references have been made that this is my forum, nothing could be further from the truth. Over the years I have lost count of how many times people have said to me, why don’t you start your own forum? Now, some people will tell you I am a complete nutter, and they may well be right, but I am not as daft as I look. No way would I ever have started a forum on my own, or with the very small low carb team. This forum has come about because  Mo and Paul are genuinely good guys, almost all of you know them, you know you can trust them, to be fair, even handed and honest. It is because of those guys this forum exists, and I have no doubt, that in their modest, self effacing and friendly manner, will make this forum a success.

Having said that, it is not their forum.  Anyone could start a forum up in a day or so, a forum is 100% about the members, no members, members that never post and what have you got ? nothing. I am not a religious man but I believe in fate. I believe fate has brought us together at a perfect time. Years ago many of us started our campaign to inform all diabetics of the benefits a low carb higher natural fats diet can bring. We were seen as heretics, mavericks, chancers with one foot in the grave. Things have changed massively in the last year or so. Respected and world renowned experts are saying we got it wrong, that good quality fats are safe and do not bring about heart disease.  Experts are saying that sugar and many of it’s derivatives are the reason for the epidemic of type two diabetes and many other chronic health issues. I know I do not have to tell you people, that for sugar read carbohydrates, but so many do not understand this.

So, a great start, but we must be patient, to build a great forum will take time, it is clear from what we have all seen and experienced, big numbers does not always equate with quality. One thing cannot be denied, the members on this forum are highly knowledgeable, and I can guarantee with a 100% certainty, no one will ever get a round of applause on this forum, for shovelling pot noodles down their neck ! OK, time to get me coat, but you know what I mean.

Good luck and health to all Eddie

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 14:46