THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+11
EvenMoreHeathen
Paul1976
Jan1
Two Collies
mo1905
zand
Avocado Sevenfold
Bode
Mud Island Dweller
Dillinger
graham64
15 posters

The big forum...

Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

The big forum... - Page 5 Empty Re: The big forum...

Post by Andy12345 Fri Oct 10 2014, 18:50

lol yes that what i get
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Fri Oct 10 2014, 18:54

You too mate?!! affraid lol The place is a circus but a very crap one-run by hidden admin and mods who pose as members but are as obvious as Godzilla trying to hide in my fridge! Twisted Evil
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Fri Oct 10 2014, 19:05

The big forum... - Page 5 Ap_kim_jong_un_jp_111219_wmain

DCUK appoint new forum admin.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Fri Oct 10 2014, 19:06

eddie1 wrote:
    The big forum... - Page 5 Ap_kim_jong_un_jp_111219_wmain

DCUK appoint new forum admin.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!! lol!
    EvenMoreHeathen
    EvenMoreHeathen

Post by EvenMoreHeathen Fri Oct 10 2014, 19:11

Paul, Mo and Andy, I am so sorry to read what has happened Sad
    I read the comment about Paul's posts being unsavory and whatever it was , and not only do I disagree emphatically, I find the use of those words unprofessional and misleading to those who are unfamiliar with you and your posts.

All three of you were an asset to that forum in my opinion. I fear that others will soon follow in the cleansing.Whatever happened to free speech ?
    However, I'm glad to be able to keep in touch with you here, it's awful when people just disappear and you never know what became of them Sad

Signy
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Fri Oct 10 2014, 19:14

i committed suicide tbh unlike Paul and Mo so ive only myself to blame hehe, also glad your here Smile
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Oct 10 2014, 19:16

"Whatever happened to free speech ?"

It was only ever an illusion over there, unless you are one of the low carb anti clique. No money in low carb, and money is the only reason the forum exists FACT !
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Fri Oct 10 2014, 19:49

Andy12345 wrote:what happens when they block your ip? i cant see the forum anymore lol it keeps going to their main site

You would need to use another computer to view - if you wanted.

I'm not going to post there any more, tbh it will free up some time! The tragedy is the impact on newbies, for now there are some good low carbers who do most of the introductions before Daisy arrives and who don't get involved in the debates, how long that will last I don't know.

What's the recruitment strategy on here? Is it just reliance on hits from Google searches?
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Fri Oct 10 2014, 19:53

sanguine wrote:
    Andy12345 wrote:what happens when they block your ip? i cant see the forum anymore lol it keeps going to their main site

You would need to use another computer to view - if you wanted.

I'm not going to post there any more, tbh it will free up some time!  The tragedy is the impact on newbies, for now there are some good low carbers who do most of the introductions before Daisy arrives and who don't get involved in the debates, how long that will last I don't know.

What's the recruitment strategy on here?  Is it just reliance on hits from Google searches?

Not sure to be honest. We'd love to encourage new members here but not easy getting the word out. I'm informed that "bots" regularly visit but I still can't get our forum on a Google search. We'll have to rely on members to spread the word and hopefully we can keep spreading the good news. Unless anyone else has any ideas how to increase our awareness ?
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Fri Oct 10 2014, 19:58

i could ask the clever people who look after the seo stuff for my website?
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Fri Oct 10 2014, 20:57

The childish blocking of IP address's was first started by cugila with Dr Jay being at the receiving end. There is a way round it by using one of the many free proxy servers available Eddie has used one when his IP was blocked he probably will e-mail the details if you ask him.

This is part of Dr Jay Wortman's post on his IP being blocked.

Not only banned – totally expunged!
    Now, I find that my IP address has been banned which means I can no longer even look at the forums on that website. Wow, that’s pretty extreme. I can only conclude that I represented a huge threat to the moderator and his mission there which appears to be to sabotage people who are trying to benefit from a truly low-carb diet.

http://www.drjaywortman.com/blog/wordpress/2011/04/26/not-only-banned-totally-expunged/

Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Fri Oct 10 2014, 21:15

graham64 wrote:The childish blocking of IP address's was first started by cugila with Dr Jay being at the receiving end. There is a way round it by using one of the many free proxy servers available Eddie has used one when his IP was blocked he probably will e-mail the details if you ask him.

Now, I find that my IP address has been banned which means I can no longer even look at the forums on that website. Wow, that’s pretty extreme. I can only conclude that I represented a huge threat to the moderator and his mission there which appears to be to sabotage people who are trying to benefit from a truly low-carb diet.

http://www.drjaywortman.com/blog/wordpress/2011/04/26/not-only-banned-totally-expunged/

Hi Graham!

Crikey! This runs deeper than I thought! Evil or Very Mad I knew Dr Jay had been banned by Kenny boy but blocked too?? Mad
    I just hope that the admin and their clique vigilantes can sleep well at night as I sure couldn't if I was them. Rolling Eyes

Best regards

Paul
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Fri Oct 10 2014, 21:40

Paul wrote:
    graham64 wrote:The childish blocking of IP address's was first started by cugila with Dr Jay being at the receiving end. There is a way round it by using one of the many free proxy servers available Eddie has used one when his IP was blocked he probably will e-mail the details if you ask him.

Hi Graham!

Crikey! This runs deeper than I thought! Evil or Very Mad I knew Dr Jay had been banned by Kenny boy but blocked too??  Mad
    I just hope that the admin and their clique vigilantes can sleep well at night as I sure couldn't if I was them.  Rolling Eyes

Best regards

Paul

Hi Paul

I don't think they really care they have no principles at all see how Giverny side tracked the issue when asked by Pipp about the  message in your log in page.

But hey if your not a LowCarber and a member of the clique you can get away with anything. Just think what would have happened if you had or any other LowCarber had called the antis idiots and liars.

I told Giverny exactly that and said that was the reason why lots of good posters no longer post to the forum but nothing was done and the idiots still post their lies and their low carb propaganda rubbish on a regular basis.
    http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/low-carb-didnt-work-for-me.62717/page-11#post-615215

It would appear they are exempt from forum rules.

Cheers
    Graham
    j

Male Posts : 111

Post by j Sat Oct 11 2014, 02:53

you have to clear your cookies, so you can see the forum.. jocolor   turn off and on your modem to get a new IP, get a new yahoo email and re register,  haven't you guys been banned from a site before?
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sat Oct 11 2014, 07:22

Jack4 wrote:you have to clear your cookies, so you can see the forum.. jocolor   turn off and on your modem to get a new IP, get a new yahoo email and re register,  haven't you guys been banned from a site before?

thanks Smile

nope this is a first lol
    sanguine
    sanguine

Post by sanguine Sat Oct 11 2014, 11:45

Getting back to the fate of newbies, I will probably still post occasionally for their sake but I have a long ignore list.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Oct 11 2014, 11:49

Jack4 wrote: haven't you guys been banned from a site before?

A first for me! lol!

I'd read the place again but I wouldn't post there again if they paid me TBH

Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Oct 11 2014, 11:54

sanguine wrote:Getting back to the fate of newbies, I will probably still post occasionally for their sake but I have a long ignore list.

Might be worth writing and saving a welcome note on your computer which you could copy and paste to the newbies so at least they get something more suitable than Daisy1's play it safe-middle of the road-NICE guideline note that was originally wrote by Cugila.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sat Oct 11 2014, 11:56

someone needs to counteract the criminally insane, please don't stop Sanguine
    sanguine
    sanguine

Post by sanguine Sat Oct 11 2014, 12:47

Paul wrote:
    sanguine wrote:Getting back to the fate of newbies, I will probably still post occasionally for their sake but I have a long ignore list.

Might be worth writing and saving a welcome note on your computer which you could copy and paste to the newbies so at least they get something more suitable than Daisy1's play it safe-middle of the road-NICE guideline note that was originally wrote by Cugila.

It would certainly save me re-typing the same thing, but leave some scope for tweaking otherwise it looks formulaic.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sat Oct 11 2014, 16:53

Stay posting on the big forum Rod this is why. I nicked this from a thread today.

"Most interesting thing has been my blood sugar readings.

3 days before starting LCHF, my A1C was 8.6. Am due for a follow up test next week.
    The day before starting LCHF, my FBG was 17. From about week 3 onwards, it has consistently hovered around 6. I test every morning and the highest it has been was 6.4, the lowest 5.2.
    In the last 2 weeks or so, I have taken post meal sugar readings intermittently (1 or 2 hrs) around 10 times and the readings have always been below 8."

There is only one way the above could have been achieved, low carb high fat, also, good weight reduction is taking place. I have seen hundreds, maybe thousands of posts over the years saying similar things. Is it not a fact almost ALL the good news has come by the same way. The antis have achieved zero by way of successes, only making sure the abysmal NHS stats continue year after year, just what big pharma wants.

The big one has lost some great low carb posters this week, but we cannot allow half a dozen or so long term low carb antis to stop the above great news. The clique have worked tirelessly for over six years to rid the forum of passionate lowcarbers, aided and abetted by forum owners only interested in making money. What motivates the anti clique to bring people down, and see their health deteriorate is beyond me, but clearly that is what motivates the antis. I find it hard to imagine a more perverse and twisted bunch of individuals, and everyone here knows who they are.

So, members here who can still post over there, keep posting your good news on the big one, keep motivating and helping the newbies and long time out of control, don't let a small bunch of deadbeats win, you know it makes sense, why fight it.

Eddie
    sanguine
    sanguine

Post by sanguine Sat Oct 11 2014, 18:01

Thanks Eddie, I've already made that decision. Over the next day or two I'm going to launch my newbie intro post which, hopefully, will be phrased in such a way as to give the antis no reason to jump on it; and if they do they will just be seen to be digging their own hole a bit deeper.
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Sat Oct 11 2014, 18:31

Good idea Rod Smile
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sun Oct 12 2014, 09:41

Thanks Rod. As others have said, better for a few good people to remain and post on a different forum. Yes, unhappy with how things are run there but we still need to get the message across to newbies and those that are struggling.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Oct 27 2014, 09:22

As most members know, I have been threatened with a keel hauling and fifty lashes if I over do the comment on this forum re. the 'Big One' I just wanted to let those who may be interested the Low Carb Diabetic blog is running a special features week on the err......'Big One' Those of a robust and fearless disposition may wish to hop over from time to time. Please note 'Patrons ride at their own risk and the management accept no responsibility for any loss or injuries' thank you.

The big forum... - Page 5 630241_thumbnail_280_Hale_Pace_Hale_Pace_Australian_Tour.v1

The Management can be found here http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09 2024, 09:05