The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

The ETYM forum

Eddie

Male Posts : 3673

The ETYM forum

Post by Eddie on Mon Mar 06 2017, 18:19

Last night I tried to find the ETYM forum aka Grazers Gulag, I could not find it. I know they changed names, but was always easy to find, anyone got a working link please? maybe the place has gone, well ya never know. Shocked

Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2419

Re: The ETYM forum

Post by Paul1976 on Mon Mar 06 2017, 19:05

@Eddie wrote:Last night I tried to find the ETYM forum aka Grazers Gulag, I could not find it. I know they changed names, but was always easy to find, anyone got a working link please? maybe the place has gone, well ya never know. Shocked

Hi mate-I got an email from them about 2 months ago saying they were calling the forum a day and were just sticking to just a Facebook page apparently! Shame how the place turned out out after Defren,Shane and a few other snowflakes wrecked it! rip

Male Posts : 1634

Post by Andy12345 on Mon Mar 06 2017, 19:49

I'd forgotten it ever existed
    chris c

Post by chris c on Mon Mar 06 2017, 23:40

I had links to a whole bunch of diabetes forums which have evaporated over the years. In most cases no loss.
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3673

Post by Eddie on Tue Mar 07 2017, 13:54

@Paul1976 wrote:
    @Eddie wrote:Last night I tried to find the ETYM forum aka Grazers Gulag, I could not find it. I know they changed names, but was always easy to find, anyone got a working link please? maybe the place has gone, well ya never know. Shocked

Hi mate-I got an email from them about 2 months ago saying they were calling the forum a day and were just sticking to just a Facebook page apparently! Shame how the place turned out out after Defren,Shane and a few other snowflakes wrecked it! rip

For what my opinion is worth that forum should and could have been one of the best. Started by some very knowledgeable people many staunch low carb supporters. The fact is they blew it from almost day one. The diet they pushed to newbies was anything but low carb. As I said at the time regarding their advice to newbies re diet.

"“On the starchy foods that are left in your regime, try brown basmati rice, and brown or tri-colour pasta, instead of white. A couple of baby new potatoes boiled are far better than old potatoes, be they boiled, mashed or in their jackets. The bread that is most recommended is Burgen Soya and linseed bread, but some of us manage ok with wholegrain brown as well.”

How many of the forum owners, and well controlled members are eating brown rice, brown pasta, new potatoes, and any kind of bread other than flax/linseed? answer one, Grazer! All the very well controlled i.e low fives and fours would not touch this sort of food with a ten foot pole. When I pointed this out, a feeling of Déjà Vu came over me. I was back at the forum of flog, diabetes.co.uk, fighting for my life" affraid

Also, some will remember how they ripped me to bits when I talked of big pharma corruption and how most type two drugs were close to useless.  Even a pharma rep would have been in awe of their defence for junk drugs. It appeared to me, being "owners" and having a fancy title, was more important to some of the big white chiefs, than actually helping anyone.

Eddie Chief Generalissimo and Fuhrer guillotine

Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    chris c

Post by chris c on Wed Mar 08 2017, 23:38

Yeah ISTR it started with good people and good intentions but that didn't last long.

How you eat that stuff while "eating to your meter" is rather ridiculous. MY meter told me quite different, but them I concentrated on deleting the postprandial spikes at their highest point which was mainly around the 1 hour mark, didn't they push two hour testing?

Current date/time is Thu May 25 2017, 11:40