THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+11
EvenMoreHeathen
Paul1976
Jan1
Two Collies
mo1905
zand
Avocado Sevenfold
Bode
Mud Island Dweller
Dillinger
graham64
15 posters

The big forum...

Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

The big forum... Empty The big forum...

Post by Paul1976 Thu Sep 25 2014, 17:24

The big forum... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKbRA5z2DdfKoydLkgNmoJbZ9DZMS-sZx6JsIFN81_QrQrmr247w

Was it something I said? Twisted Evil
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

The big forum... Empty Re: The big forum...

Post by zand Thu Sep 25 2014, 17:33

Oh Paul NO! Are they mad? Who on earth would ban a nice guy like you Rolling Eyes
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Sep 25 2014, 17:42

Thanks Zand! Smile...No explanation was given but it comes exactly a year after my last banning which involved a thread about Diabetes UK the charity and I happened to speak out about them again politely last night? Hmmmm...Follow the money eh?
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Thu Sep 25 2014, 17:58

In my day when you got banned you stayed banned, you lightweights get away with murder these days. Only when a man has been banned permanently can he be free to fight the true fight against exploitation, stupidity and greed.

"When soldiers have been baptised in the fire of a Battenberg, they have all one rank in my eyes." ~Napoleon Bonaparte
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Sep 25 2014, 18:00

eddie1 wrote:In my day when you got banned you stayed banned, you lightweights get away with murder these days. Only when a man has been banned permanently can he be free to fight the true fight against exploitation, stupidity and greed.

"When soldiers have been baptised in the fire of a Battenberg, they have all one rank in my eyes." ~Napoleon Bonaparte

Does getting permanantly banned from 'Kens Kingdom' this week count?? affraid Twisted Evil lol!
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Thu Sep 25 2014, 18:02

Paul wrote:
    eddie1 wrote:In my day when you got banned you stayed banned, you lightweights get away with murder these days. Only when a man has been banned permanently can he be free to fight the true fight against exploitation, stupidity and greed.

Does getting permanantly banned from 'Kens Kingdom' this week count?? affraid Twisted Evil lol!

lol!

Just keep spreading the good news that is low carb high fat flower

All the best Jan
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Sep 25 2014, 18:09

'Kens Kingdom' don't make me larf, the average cemetery has more action than Kens crypt ever had. I miss that guy, he made the Bonkers one appear sane. BTW anyone heard of Jona lately ? Jeez that guy made 'Multiple Miggs' seem like a well adjusted individual.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Thu Sep 25 2014, 18:11

sorry mate Sad i think it may have been the "thread locked" i got another warning today for derailing, yet again i didnt get a reply when i questioned it, 3 days ago it was for causing a them and us culture, dunno if it was cos of this forum, they wont reply to me
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Thu Sep 25 2014, 18:12

basically every time i post on one of douglases thread i get a warning, hes a member here, maybe he could say if its him reporting me all the time or someone else?
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Thu Sep 25 2014, 18:13

it may be because my english half is racist against my scotish half
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Sep 25 2014, 18:16

Andy12345 wrote:sorry mate Sad i think it may have been the "thread locked" i got another warning today for derailing, yet again i didnt get a reply when i questioned it, 3 days ago it was for causing a them and us culture, dunno if it was cos of this forum, they wont reply to me

What they mean is a them and us who are doing our best to flog off the forum or tie in with big pharma deal. The clique have been working for years to back big pharma and the old payola. Who cares about diabetics when money is there to be made.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Sep 25 2014, 18:23

Andy12345 wrote:basically every time i post on one of douglases thread i get a warning, hes a member here, maybe he could say if its him reporting me all the time or someone else?

If you think that guy is old Duggie I am sure you are wrong, that guy would not debate a straight issue on a level playing field as long as his arse points south. He is a gutless anonymous troll and is only tolerated by the mods because he kicks low carb and high fat to death at every opportunity.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Sep 25 2014, 18:33

Andy12345 wrote:sorry mate Sad i think it may have been the "thread locked" i got another warning today for derailing, yet again i didnt get a reply when i questioned it, 3 days ago it was for causing a them and us culture, dunno if it was cos of this forum, they wont reply to me

Cheers Andy!Smile Sounds like we just get a 'Copy and paste' job these days when it comes to warnings-the thing is that 'Pray for the forum fella' should have been banned within minutes but the mods are never there apart from the good guy Ian who is having to try and monitor a massive forum all on his own with no help and when they are-they just pop in to beat us with a stick us for highlighting the trolls that THEY should have dealt with  in the first place and then they piss off for weeks on end! Evil or Very Mad
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Thu Sep 25 2014, 18:40

When you search the internet with the word diabetes ......what a choice of blogs, forums etc come to hand, and you are free to go wherever you want, read whatever you want, join a forum, subscribe to a blog.... or are you?

I for one am known for 'hopping around' the internet. I may be in the UK or Australia, New Zealand, the US, Canada, Sweden, Iceland but I am welcomed and my views are shown. They may not be earth shattering but are out there for people to read and discuss ..... if they want to.

Here in the UK we do seem more reserved ....the British Stiff Upper Lip mentality maybe?

Isn't it good when we can say what we feel, share our experiences, agree or disagree that is what a forum should be.....it does not seem right to fear how our thoughts, ideas, views will be received. If it's legal surely it's worth saying.......  

What are your views ?

All the best Jan

Last edited by Jan1 on Thu Sep 25 2014, 18:53; edited 1 time in total
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Thu Sep 25 2014, 18:48

if i can, ill never get involved in anything douglas is saying again, any threads he posts on ill avoid like the plague, otherwise im toast, if im not already after the reply i sent to osidge Sad
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Sep 25 2014, 19:17

Andy12345 wrote:... if im not already after the reply i sent to osidge Sad

I tried messaging him in the past to reply and defend myself after a warning and I never got a reply. bounce
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Thu Sep 25 2014, 23:04

I saw the thread that Paul posted on ( which is now deleted ) and I really can't see why ! I really struggle to see why these posts were deleted ! Is it an offence to have an opinion ? I even came out of the woodwork to back Paul up and mine was removed. I really think if someone receives a warning or a ban or whatever, the mod doing it should at least have the courtesy to explain why. Andy/Paul, just be careful. We need you guys there pushing the message. If you boys leave, who will spread the good word !
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Thu Sep 25 2014, 23:08

Mods on duty today Anna and Dan (admin) knowing Dan from the the past as a fair minded chap I would suspect Anna is the one who imposed the ban Paul, probably down to PM's from the usual suspects Rolling Eyes .
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Sep 25 2014, 23:28

I see Duggie over at the flog has started a thread re eating horse meat. What with his pot noodles and other junk he eats, he has probably ate a fair bit of horse meat in his time. Let's face it not so long ago Dobbin was turning up in all sorts of processed foods and junk.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Thu Sep 25 2014, 23:34

eddie1 wrote:I see Duggie over at the flog has started a thread re eating horse meat. What with his pot noodles and other junk he eats, he has probably ate a fair bit of horse meat in his time. Let's face it not so long ago Dobbin was turning up in all sorts of processed foods and junk.

See, I thought he'd been eating unicorn meat :-)
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Thu Sep 25 2014, 23:41

eddie1 wrote:I see Duggie over at the flog has started a thread re eating horse meat. What with his pot noodles and other junk he eats, he has probably ate a fair bit of horse meat in his time. Let's face it not so long ago Dobbin was turning up in all sorts of processed foods and junk.

Dillinger
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 209

Post by Dillinger Fri Sep 26 2014, 09:00

You know, as complicit in all this as I am, I think we should go for a more 'what happens on DUK stays on DUK'. That really struck me when a new member said; 'you all seem to know each other from another forum' the other day.

I think it could be a disincentive to new joiners to feel like this forum is only that.

I know how attractive it is to express oneself about foolishness we see elsewhere but I think that will, in the end, only limit the reach of this place.

Best

Dillinger
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Sep 26 2014, 09:27

I agree Dillinger, although I fully appreciate no one has gone after the other place more than me. I think it is right and just to report what goes on at 'The Largest Diabetes Forum in Europe' but let's minimise it here. When a forum is trying to do a deal with big pharma (we all know where that will end up) or other major issues, it should be at least up for debate here, but reporting thread locking, temporary banning, permanent banning's and thread deletion is pretty much an everyday occurrence over there. We don't want the lunacy over there, becoming the reason for this forums existence. It has been the same at the big one for years, nothing is going to change, for the owners it's about money, and we all know money talks.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Fri Sep 26 2014, 09:33

Who started this thread anyway?  Oh,wait a minute...OK guys,I promise no more threads from me about 'The other place'.
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Fri Sep 26 2014, 09:50

Yes OK, good idea, I'll try to behave too.....(I only said try, I didn't promise I would manage it)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 09:42