THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Video explains that in Ketosis you may not feel the symptoms of Hypo

Inge Danaher
    Inge Danaher

Female Posts : 38

Video explains that in Ketosis you may not feel the symptoms of Hypo Empty Video explains that in Ketosis you may not feel the symptoms of Hypo

Post by Inge Danaher Wed Feb 18 2015, 20:29

Was just listening to this seminar by Jeff Volek and he makes an interesting point 18 minutes into the talk about Ketosis stopping you from going into coma and that in Ketosis you can manage much lower blood glucose levels. At least that is what I understood. Explains to me why the last 2 times my BG got very low I had no hypo symptoms at all.

Jeff Volek: The Many Facets of Keto-Adaptation: Health, Performance, and Beyond
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Video explains that in Ketosis you may not feel the symptoms of Hypo Empty Re: Video explains that in Ketosis you may not feel the symptoms of Hypo

Post by mo1905 Thu Feb 19 2015, 08:30

Nice video Inge, some good information. I like the idea of being "bomb proof" ! It's still a fine balancing act though, especially if on insulin. Ketosis would not work for me at those low BG levels purely down to DVLA law. I wouldn't be able to drive.
    Inge Danaher
    Inge Danaher

Video explains that in Ketosis you may not feel the symptoms of Hypo Empty Re: Video explains that in Ketosis you may not feel the symptoms of Hypo

Post by Inge Danaher Thu Feb 19 2015, 08:32

mo1905 wrote:Nice video Inge, some good information. I like the idea of being "bomb proof" ! It's still a fine balancing act though, especially if on insulin. Ketosis would not work for me at those low BG levels purely down to DVLA law. I wouldn't be able to drive.

well the funny thing is last week when mine got to 3.1 I only noticed it as I happened to measure it. I felt really good!
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Feb 19 2015, 08:44

How often do you test ? How are your avg readings this week ?
    Inge Danaher
    Inge Danaher

Post by Inge Danaher Thu Feb 19 2015, 08:50

mo1905 wrote:How often do you test ? How are your avg readings this week ?
    '

on average 5 times a day. Because of the steroids I have to keep on top of it. This week my steroids were increased and my BG is a tad higher than normal for me. then early next week the steroids go down again so it's all a bit of a mess at the moment. Mostly my diabetes is due to the steroids Sad
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Feb 19 2015, 08:53

It will be interesting to know your latest or next HbA1C result. I know control is not easy for you due to other meds but you do seem to be doing remarkably well :-)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 14:53