THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

The Soap Box at Thommo's Place

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

The Soap Box at Thommo's Place Empty The Soap Box at Thommo's Place

Post by Jan1 Thu Aug 21 2014, 14:27

Has something annoyed you today? Did you get to the shops and found you'd left your debit card at home?
    Perhaps your kids raided the fridge and ate the last piece of your favourite cheese!

Were you out for your favourite walk, only to find the footpath closed and instead of a three mile walk it was a six mile hike and the fields were so muddy it was ridiculous and then your shoe came off in the mud ...you slipped over etc.

Whether trivial, not so trivial - has something happened that you want to get on Thommo's Virtual Soap Box and get it off your chest .....feel free.

One free virtual drink given after your say......well I think that's what Thommo said.

I don't think this post will count but if it does I'll have a glass of white wine please.

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

The Soap Box at Thommo's Place Empty Re: The Soap Box at Thommo's Place

Post by Jan1 Thu Aug 21 2014, 19:21

Out earlier this afternoon, I couldn't help noticing the pot holes in many of our roads. Driving locally you get to know where they are, but when out and about I've often gone through / over a large hole and I know some who have had tyres or parts of their car damaged. I know Councils have less and less to spend but I wouldn't mind paying a small amount each year to help maintain our roads to a better standard ......... if of course that money was ring fenced for that purpose !

One of or sons cycles to and from work and was thrown over his handle bars because of a pot hole. Has anyone else had similar problems?

As I step off the soap box and return to the bar - mine's a glass of white wine please, a Pinot if you have one. Cheers.  Smile 

All the best Jan
    Scandichic
    Scandichic

Female Posts : 109

Post by Scandichic Fri Aug 22 2014, 12:09

Jan1 wrote:Out earlier this afternoon, I couldn't help noticing the pot holes in many of our roads. Driving locally you get to know where they are, but when out and about I've often gone through / over a large hole and I know some who have had tyres or parts of their car damaged. I know Councils have less and less to spend but I wouldn't mind paying a small amount each year to help maintain our roads to a better standard ......... if of course that money was ring fenced for that purpose !

One of or sons cycles to and from work and was thrown over his handle bars because of a pot hole. Has anyone else had similar problems?

As I step off the soap box and return to the bar - mine's a glass of white wine please, a Pinot if you have one. Cheers.  Smile 

All the best Jan
    There is a site which you can contact for free. They contact your council and they have to repair it. Once it's been reported and someone has an accident then the council can be sued so they normally repair them pretty sharpish!
    http://www.fillthathole.org.uk
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Aug 26 2014, 12:48

Sorry Scandi ..... should have said thanks for the info.

With all the rain around today think some of the pot holes will be full of water !

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 16 2024, 12:23