THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Hinchingbrooke Hospital: Circle to withdraw from contract

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Hinchingbrooke Hospital: Circle to withdraw from contract Empty Hinchingbrooke Hospital: Circle to withdraw from contract

Post by Eddie Fri Jan 09 2015, 11:39

A company which became the first private firm to manage an NHS hospital says it wants to "withdraw from its contract".

Circle Holdings, which operates Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Cambridgeshire, said its franchise is "no longer viable under current terms".

The move comes amid funding cuts and pressure on the casualty department, Circle said.
    The Department of Health said it was "disappointed" in the decision.

Circle took on Hinchingbrooke in early 2012, as it faced closure.

It said there had been unprecedented increases in accident and emergency attendances, a lack of care places for patients awaiting discharge, and that funding had been cut by 10.1% this financial year.

Circle has made payments to the trust totalling about £4.84m and could be required to make a final support payment of approximately £160,000, the firm said.

Under the terms of its 10-year contract it has the right to end the franchise if the amount of money it has to put in to the trust exceeds £5m.

Chief Executive Steve Melton said: "This combination of factors means we have now reluctantly concluded that, in its existing form, Circle's involvement in Hinchingbrooke is unsustainable."

Circle chairman Michael Kirkwood said the decision had been made "with regret and after considerable thought".

More on this story here. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-30740956

So, it looks like a case of if we can make a profit we want it, but if Circle have to invest their money they want out. More phoney capitalism from Camerons goons. Did you spot "funding had been cut by 10.1% this financial year" Cameron says the Tories have put more money into the NHS, more lies.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Hinchingbrooke Hospital: Circle to withdraw from contract Empty Re: Hinchingbrooke Hospital: Circle to withdraw from contract

Post by mo1905 Sat Jan 10 2015, 09:34

It'll end up like public transport. The very profitable areas ( city centres etc ) will be sold off at a premium and prices will rise. Other areas will be slowly run down and eroded providing a less than adequate service. Shame ! Back door privatisation !
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Hinchingbrooke Hospital: Circle to withdraw from contract Empty Re: Hinchingbrooke Hospital: Circle to withdraw from contract

Post by Jan1 Sat Jan 10 2015, 13:51

Watching some of the patients being interviewed for TV last night, many of them were pleased with the care they had received and spoke very highly of nurses and Doctors. It must be worrying for the many patients who currently attend this hospital.

The NHS is stretched these days, and that is a huge understatement, but in the few times I have called on it and in particular the recent weeks and months for my father I cannot fault the service or care received. It is clear the staff are fully stretched, they are struggling but they do care, and it is not right or fair they have to work under these conditions. Money is tight but surely health (and education) should be better financed. Money is needed on the ground, yes management need decent salaries too but is the ratio correct ? Huge room for improvement I'd say. What say you ?

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sat Jan 10 2015, 15:05

There is a lot of abuse of the system which doesn't help. I've spent quite a lot of time in hospital environment recently and chatting to a few nurses. Even they were saying that this time of year there is a huge increase in people wanting beds. Can you believe that they expect a huge influx in the few days leading up to Xmas of relatives calling an ambulance to get elderly parents,etc, admitted so they don't have to look after them over the holiday period !
    The pressure also starts with GP's. It's getting so difficult to get a routine appt now that some people just give up and go to A&E.
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Sat Jan 10 2015, 15:23

My Aunt was in hospital for a few days before Christmas. She had to stay for a day longer than was clinically necessary because it took 48 hours to arrange the new blister packs with her new meds in!

Yes Mo, I agree it starts with the GP's. Also people know they will be cared for properly in A&E and not just fobbed off by a busy GP who can't be bothered to check things out thoroughly.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Sat Jan 10 2015, 18:22

Following on from comments made by both Mo and Zand .........

I totally agree the first port of call for many illnesses should be our GP, but they too are under tremendous pressure. You could also say Junior Doctors are under pressure and you'd be right.

The system is under pressure .... full stop, or should that be FULL STOP ?

Does anyone have any easy answers ?

I think the answer may well be No ... but it doesn't mean we shouldn't be looking for them.

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sun Jan 11 2015, 11:04

I wish I did have the answers, it's easy to say keep throwing money at it but that won't happen. Most of us think we pay enough in taxes now. An idea which would help in my opinion is 24hr doctors surgeries. Our local surgery is pretty much 0830-1800, 5 days a week. It's difficult getting an appt, especially if you work out of town. I think there are a lot of people who cannot get an appt so just turn up at A&E.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 10:15