THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Can Bacteria Help Cure Diabetes ?

mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Can Bacteria Help Cure Diabetes ? Empty Can Bacteria Help Cure Diabetes ?

Post by mo1905 Thu Jan 08 2015, 20:02

Not sure of the science behind this but it's another route being looked at in the cure of diabetes. I know @Alib is interested in how bacteria can affect the body so who knows eh !

http://www.euronews.com/2015/01/06/diabetes-could-bacteria-provide-a-cure/
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Can Bacteria Help Cure Diabetes ? Empty Re: Can Bacteria Help Cure Diabetes ?

Post by zand Thu Jan 08 2015, 21:13

I'm not sure why, but I don't like the idea of this. Something doesn't 'feel right' about it. But hey, if it works.......
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Thu Jan 08 2015, 21:21

Same here, not something I can get my head around but who knows eh ?
    j

Male Posts : 111

Post by j Fri Jan 09 2015, 04:46

that coincides with other studies that show, T2 diabetics have different gut flora to the normal population.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/03/02/diabetes-alert-your-gut-microflora-may-be-out-of-balance.aspx
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Fri Jan 09 2015, 10:47

I'm sorry i haven't read the links (lazy) but bacteria can't be a good thing can it? lol

my friend gave me some yogurt culture bacteria stuff last week, i was supposed to wash it and strain it, add milk, let it breed then repeat the process apparently getting yogurt from it each day, this is supposed to be great stuff according to him and his personal trainer fitness nut job wife, but i couldn't face the thought of making bacteria so skipped it, now I'm sure yogurt is basically the same thing in pots on a supermarket shelf but i can block that out

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 00:08