THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

Very grim indeed!

Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Very grim indeed! Empty Very grim indeed!

Post by Paul1976 Wed Aug 20 2014, 13:54

This an old but relevant link to some information I found a while ago which made me shudder as a father of 3 children and I have mixed feelings of guilt and sadness as some of the foods listed were products I often bought and fed to my children in the past sincerely believing the claims from the manufacturers regarding being vitamin and mineral enriched thus being a good,healthy choice.

If only I knew then what I know now but that’s hindsight for you,having said that it’s never to late to make change for the better and these highly refined sugar products no longer make an appearance in my shopping trolley.

Check out the grim reading here

http://www.konsumentsamverkan.se/11verk/kampanj/glob/aseco/Fortified_Junk.pdf
    horfilmania
    horfilmania

Female Posts : 68

Very grim indeed! Empty Re: Very grim indeed!

Post by horfilmania Wed Aug 20 2014, 18:53

This is very scarey information. I haven't even seen most of those products as I only shop for myself nowadays.

Fortunately, when my son was born (1980) we didn't have that much junk around and I always believed in a hot, huge breakfast of eggs, ham, bacon, sausages for him. I also packed his lunch with rye and liverwurst (or other meat) sandwiches, cheese, full fat milk, etc. Don't get me wrong, we also succumbed to stuff like pizza and pop occasionally but not as consistently as people do nowadays.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Wed Aug 20 2014, 19:09

criminal Sad
    Scandichic
    Scandichic

Female Posts : 109

Post by Scandichic Wed Aug 20 2014, 22:17

paul1976 wrote:This an old but relevant link to some information I found a while ago which made me shudder as a father of 3 children and I have mixed feelings of guilt and sadness as some of the foods listed were products I often bought and fed to my children in the past sincerely believing the claims from the manufacturers regarding being vitamin and mineral enriched thus being a good,healthy choice.

If only I knew then what I know now but that’s hindsight for you,having said that it’s never to late to make change for the better and these highly refined sugar products no longer make an appearance in my shopping trolley.

Check out the grim reading here
    Very grim indeed. I loved sugar puffs as a child!
    I notice the link is Swedish!  Very Happy 

http://www.konsumentsamverkan.se/11verk/kampanj/glob/aseco/Fortified_Junk.pdf
    Indy51
    Indy51

Female Posts : 344

Post by Indy51 Thu Aug 21 2014, 00:38

I feel for you, Paul.

I find myself screaming at the TV every time those bloody "Oats So Good" ads come on. It's sickening what they pretend is "healthy, all natural" etc.
    Scandichic
    Scandichic

Female Posts : 109

Post by Scandichic Thu Aug 21 2014, 07:59

Had a wonderful conversation with my mum the other week whilst we were at my mums.
    - I think mr scandi is a hero. Does he really cook eggs and bacon every morning?
    - Yes why?
    - it would make me I'll. I couldn't face this every morning.
    - well I can't eat cereal or toast.
    - what about muesli or porridge?
    - it's carbs too. Almost all of it. If I gave you a bowl of sugar, you wouldn't eat it would you?
    - of course not! Don't be daft!
    - when carb enters your body, it is converted into simple sugar and released into your blood stream. If you don't use all the energy it's converted into fat which is stored around your major organs. Still want that muesli?
    Forgot to add, muesli was 86% carb!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content