THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.


Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

    Would you take diet advice from this man?

    Eddie
    Eddie
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3807
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Age : 71
    Location : London

    Would you take diet advice from this man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

    Post by Eddie Thu Nov 27 2014, 23:29

    @zand wrote:Well I'm out of this thread then.  Sorry, this is playground bullying and I'm not gonna be part of it, I'll leave you 'men' to it.

    No one on this forum is more valued than you. But hear me out. Douglas is one of a long line of DCUK members that talks complete and utter BS. He confuses newbies and confuses the issues. In a fair and honest world others could contradict him or question his posts, but as we have seen, they are often banned, or threatened with being banned, I believe you have been subjected to strong arm tactics yourself.

    The DCUK forum is corrupt, the making of profit is the main objective as reported here on numerous occasions. Corruption is the reason countless diabetics die before their time. This forum is for freedom of speech. If it is legal, members can post what they like, a very long way from what the DCUK forum allows.


    _________________
    Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    sanguine
    sanguine
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 395
    Join date : 2014-08-14
    Age : 67
    Location : Devon UK

    Would you take diet advice from this man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

    Post by sanguine Fri Nov 28 2014, 00:20

    By the way Eddie, that Neptune bloke has got a very big trident ...
    zand
    zand
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 1940
    Join date : 2014-08-14

    Would you take diet advice from this man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

    Post by zand Fri Nov 28 2014, 10:47

    eddie1 wrote:
    @zand wrote:Well I'm out of this thread then.  Sorry, this is playground bullying and I'm not gonna be part of it, I'll leave you 'men' to it.

    No one on this forum is more valued than you. But hear me out. Douglas is one of a long line of DCUK members that talks complete and utter BS. He confuses newbies and confuses the issues. In a fair and honest world others could contradict him or question his posts, but as we have seen, they are often banned, or threatened with being banned, I believe you have been subjected to strong arm tactics yourself.

    The DCUK forum is corrupt, the making of profit is the main objective as reported here on numerous occasions. Corruption is the reason countless diabetics die before their time. This forum is for freedom of speech. If it is legal, members can post what they like, a very long way from what the DCUK forum allows.

    Since you have quoted me Eddie, I will answer you. I see three issues here.

    Firstly, DCUK. Yes I'm 100% with you on this. My own warnings were for: Entering a discussion to belittle or discredit someone - I believe I was reported by someone else who also posted on that thread. This is ironic because the thread was started by Moose. The reason I posted on it was to save people like the ones who had already posted from wasting their time and advice (which in the case of the person who I suspect reported me, would have been 'see your doctor')

    The other warning was for: Setting up an ‘us against them’ mentality. I posted on Annie's thread about how sorry I was that she was facing a possible type 2 diagnosis and said that I wouldn't bore her with what worked for me as I knew she didn't like LCHF and I hoped she would get lots of useful replies from non-LCHFers (note I did not say 'anti-LCHFers') The term non-LCHFers was deemed to be 'us and them'. Again my post was a genuine attempt to tell others, maybe new LCHFers, not to waste theirs and Annie's time with information that would not be welcomed. I said this out of respect for Annie too. The term 'non-LCHFers' was edited out of my post.

    When I re-read my post I thought that maybe the last sentence could be seen as being derogatory to others, but that was left in by the mods! I removed it myself, not wanting to offend anyone. What I had written was:- "Of course I am hoping you don't follow the 'eat your carbs, take the drugs' route, I think you have more sense than that."

    If everyone at DCUK received warnings for such mild offences as these, there would be no-one left to post and certainly no antis left there!

    I like the freedom of speech here. Smile

    Secondly, Douglas. This is just my own opinion and my best guess at what has happened. I believe there are 2 or 3 men at DCUK whose diet was so very, very bad that they became diabetic through complete and utter negligence. Their pancreases always could tolerate a 'normal' diet but were tipped over the edge for a while by extreme eating. Now that they have lost weight and turned it around they appear to be able to eat a 'normal' diet again. But I don't believe this 'normal' diet was ever their diet before diagnosis. So when they say they can 'tolerate more carbs now', I believe that the carb figure they are consuming is still way below what they were having at diagnosis. So they 'appear to be cured'. However if they ever went back to their previous levels of carb consumption they would show diabetic readings again.

    It is indeed confusing to newbies to hear their stories and to see them bragging about how much junk they can eat. In the past I have done my best to question his posts and contradict him for the sake of newbies, but I daren't get into an argument, because I know which one of us would be warned for it. Yes, of course it would be me - the one who actually cares about the other people who read the thread! It is also galling to read these stories of how easily the weight dropped off and how many carbs these people can tolerate.

    Yes you are right to point out the pitfalls in the type of dietary advice that comes from Douglas and others. I myself have had a laugh about it along with the rest of you guys. I'll continue to do so, I see nothing wrong in that. We are after all a low carb forum. What I do think is wrong is to make fun of how a person looks and what they wear and what they do as a pastime. This is where I think we should draw the line. I'm simply expressing my opinion and if the rest of you don't agree with it, then of course you are free to carry on as you are.

    On April 14th this year I got my husband to take photos of me. I was morbidly obese then. I looked awful (still do) and I'm sure you guys would enjoy a good laugh at my expense if I posted them. My 24 year old son advised me not to post them as he said I would be bullied if I did. I agreed to keep them as 'before' photos when I finally reach my target weight. I don't think I will ever be brave enough to post them now. I don't enjoy looking like this. My motivation was to show how LCHF has helped me, and to help others through telling my story. I wanted to start a thread similar to my DCUK one here. If I do it won't contain photos.

    My son read this thread yesterday and was appalled by it. He said that people his age have far more respect than that shown here. We both know of someone who committed suicide because of internet bullying. Those bullies have to live with that knowledge for the rest of their lives.

    Thirdly, newbies. I still don't think this sort of behaviour looks good to them.

    You might be interested to know that my counselling session this week was mostly about me finding my voice. lol. I bet you all wish I hadn't bothered going to that one Smile
    Eddie
    Eddie
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3807
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Age : 71
    Location : London

    Would you take diet advice from this man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

    Post by Eddie Fri Nov 28 2014, 11:30

    Hi Zand I have read your post and it deserves a decent reply. I have to go out for a while and will answer it later.


    _________________
    Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    zand
    zand
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 1940
    Join date : 2014-08-14

    Would you take diet advice from this man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

    Post by zand Fri Nov 28 2014, 13:32

    Eddie - I'm happy that you have given me the chance to have my say and you have confirmed that you have read it. I would like to think the others will read it too.

    As far as I'm concerned, I don't require anything more than that, if you wish to reply more fully that's fine, but it's not necessary Smile
    Andy12345
    Andy12345
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 1646
    Join date : 2014-08-14
    Age : 50
    Location : Surrey

    Would you take diet advice from this man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

    Post by Andy12345 Fri Nov 28 2014, 15:38

    hmmmmmm, well thank you Zand, i never considered myself a playground bully before, and I'm sorry your son is appalled by us 'men'

    i consider douglas to be appalling with his dangerous advice delivered in such a way as to totally confuse the newly diagnosed as to which way to turn, and yes i think he looks like a toilet brush! if anyone posts a picture of themselves on the internet they are putting themselves up for abuse as far as I'm concerned, i myself have done it and couldn't give a monkeys what anyone says about how i look, he knows his approach is offensive to us and yet he posts a picture of himself, which to me suggests he either dosent care what anyone thinks of him or feels thick skinned enough to take the abuse, either way i don't care what he or you thinks of me, and no if you are insecure definitely don't post your pictures!

    im not here to be politically correct, I'm not here to upset or bully anyone either, I'm here to chat to friends and have a laugh whenever possible, learning to fight this terrible condition in the process, newbies will take us or leave us, if idiotic things put newbies off a forum dcuk would be empty

    i can't open my mouth there without getting in trouble, this means i hardly post there, if i can't say what i think is funny here without being called a bully and having my manhood questioned by anyone or their family, the same will apply here, the short and curlys is, if you don't like what i say, i don't care, if you don't like me, i don't care, i generally don't care, I'm here to try to help myself and others learn the ways of low carbing, not to make the long term diagnosed happy, I'm not a councillor nor do i want to be one, I'm not perfect obviously but never pretended to be

    in the words of slim shady....... maybe not

    he has plenty of folks to defend him over there, he is anti everything i stand for, sorry if i sound like an arsehole, good! i am an arsehole


    Paul1976
    Paul1976
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2439
    Join date : 2014-08-12
    Age : 44
    Location : East midlands,UK

    Would you take diet advice from this man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

    Post by Paul1976 Fri Nov 28 2014, 16:10

    Hi folks!

    I've noticed that this thread has raised some tensions between some members and just thought I'd mention again that we actively encourage free speech here(As you know) but with this in mind,there will be times that there will be large disagreements between members who normally get on very well which is to be expected plus we have a broad spectrum of members here from all different walks of life and in my mind It's healthy to disagree on any board as otherwise it would be a pretty boring place to be but I would hate for any disagreements to be a deal breaker-as in that someone feels they can't post on this forum no longer so I would say,keep spreading the good news and if there's something you don't agree on or with-definitely say how you feel or maybe just ignore it and carry on as before but always remember we're all on the same side here and you guys do an amazing job and when it comes to promoting safe control of diabetes through a LCHF way of life-It's forward together. Very Happy

    Best regards

    Paul



    _________________
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    zand
    zand
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 1940
    Join date : 2014-08-14

    Would you take diet advice from this man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

    Post by zand Fri Nov 28 2014, 16:18

    Paul wrote:Hi folks!

    I've noticed that this thread has raised some tensions between some members and just thought I'd mention again that we actively encourage free speech here(As you know) but with this in mind,there will be times that there will be large disagreements between members who normally get on very well which is to be expected plus we have a broad spectrum of members here from all different walks of life and in my mind It's healthy to disagree on any board as otherwise it would be a pretty boring place to be but I would hate for any disagreements to be a deal breaker-as in that someone feels they can't post on this forum no longer so I would say,keep spreading the good news and if there's something you don't agree on or with-definitely say how you feel or maybe just ignore it and carry on as before but always remember we're all on the same side here and you guys do an amazing job and when it comes to promoting safe control of diabetes through a LCHF way of life-It's forward together. Very Happy

    Best regards

    Paul


    Yes Paul I agree with you. I hear what you are saying and disagreements won't stop me from posting, you'll have to ban me to do that.
    Eddie
    Eddie
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3807
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Age : 71
    Location : London

    Would you take diet advice from this man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

    Post by Eddie Fri Nov 28 2014, 16:23

    Only one way to settle this !



    _________________
    Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    zand
    zand
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 1940
    Join date : 2014-08-14

    Would you take diet advice from this man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

    Post by zand Fri Nov 28 2014, 16:25

    Can I be Mr Blobby? I have the physique lol
    Paul1976
    Paul1976
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2439
    Join date : 2014-08-12
    Age : 44
    Location : East midlands,UK

    Would you take diet advice from this man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

    Post by Paul1976 Fri Nov 28 2014, 16:30

    @zand wrote:
    Paul wrote:Hi folks!

    I've noticed that this thread has raised some tensions between some members and just thought I'd mention again that we actively encourage free speech here(As you know) but with this in mind,there will be times that there will be large disagreements between members who normally get on very well which is to be expected plus we have a broad spectrum of members here from all different walks of life and in my mind It's healthy to disagree on any board as otherwise it would be a pretty boring place to be but I would hate for any disagreements to be a deal breaker-as in that someone feels they can't post on this forum no longer so I would say,keep spreading the good news and if there's something you don't agree on or with-definitely say how you feel or maybe just ignore it and carry on as before but always remember we're all on the same side here and you guys do an amazing job and when it comes to promoting safe control of diabetes through a LCHF way of life-It's forward together. Very Happy

    Best regards

    Paul


    you'll have to ban me to do that.

    You're too loved and valued here for that to ever happen,same for Andy and everyone else here too! Smile


    _________________
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    zand
    zand
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 1940
    Join date : 2014-08-14

    Would you take diet advice from this man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

    Post by zand Fri Nov 28 2014, 16:45

    @Andy12345 wrote:hmmmmmm, well thank you Zand, i never considered myself a playground bully before, and I'm sorry your son is appalled by us 'men'

    i consider douglas to be appalling with his dangerous advice delivered in such a way as to totally confuse the newly diagnosed as to which way to turn, and yes i think he looks like a toilet brush! if anyone posts a picture of themselves on the internet they are putting themselves up for abuse as far as I'm concerned, i myself have done it and couldn't give a monkeys what anyone says about how i look, he knows his approach is offensive to us and yet he posts a picture of himself, which to me suggests he either dosent care what anyone thinks of him or feels thick skinned enough to take the abuse, either way i don't care what he or you thinks of me, and no if you are insecure definitely don't post your pictures!

    im not here to be politically correct, I'm not here to upset or bully anyone either, I'm here to chat to friends and have a laugh whenever possible, learning to fight this terrible condition in the process, newbies will take us or leave us, if idiotic things put newbies off a forum dcuk would be empty

    i can't open my mouth there without getting in trouble, this means i hardly post there, if i can't say what i think is funny here without being called a bully and having my manhood questioned by anyone or their family, the same will apply here, the short and curlys is, if you don't like what i say, i don't care, if you don't like me, i don't care, i generally don't care, I'm here to try to help myself and others learn the ways of low carbing, not to make the long term diagnosed happy, I'm not a councillor nor do i want to be one, I'm not perfect obviously but never pretended to be

    in the words of slim shady....... maybe not

    he has plenty of folks to defend him over there, he is anti everything i stand for, sorry if i sound like an arsehole, good! i am an arsehole



    Andy - Why are you taking this so personally if you don't care?  There were others who said more than you and the loo brush comment was said by Eddie before you.  Why do you think I was particularly getting at you?  You know I love your sense of humour.  You know I like you.  Why do you think this is about you?  It's about the thread as a whole, not one particular person.  I'm here for the same reasons as you, and I'm not perfect either.  Why are we fighting?  I just don't like to laugh at how someone looks that's all.  That's the only thing we disagree on.  I've already said I don't have a problem with disagreeing with what he says at DCUK.

    I'll ignore the slim shady comment!!!  And no you don't sound like an arsehole you'll have to try much harder to do that.
    Eddie
    Eddie
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3807
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Age : 71
    Location : London

    Would you take diet advice from this man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

    Post by Eddie Fri Nov 28 2014, 16:47

    Other than obvious trolls and members making illegal posts no one will ever be banned from here. No thread locking, no editing of members posts, no thread or post deletions by admin or mods.


    _________________
    Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    zand
    zand
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 1940
    Join date : 2014-08-14

    Would you take diet advice from this man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

    Post by zand Fri Nov 28 2014, 16:56

    I believe you Eddie, nevertheless I'm taking a rest from here for a while. Free speech is fine until you try to speak freely. This was the first and last time. I have learnt my lesson.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2439
    Join date : 2014-08-12
    Age : 44
    Location : East midlands,UK

    Would you take diet advice from this man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

    Post by Paul1976 Fri Nov 28 2014, 16:57

    eddie1 wrote:Other than obvious trolls and members making illegal posts no one will ever be banned from here. No thread locking, no editing of members posts, no thread or post deletions by admin or mods.

    Too right!! No Draconian or Stalinist style rules and punishments here and if I thought that was happening here then that'll be the day I walk away...I've seen what can happen to a community when the 'Bosses' rule with an overt 'Iron fist' and 'Ban Hammer'.


    _________________
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    Eddie
    Eddie
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3807
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Age : 71
    Location : London

    Would you take diet advice from this man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

    Post by Eddie Fri Nov 28 2014, 17:01

    @zand wrote: I believe you Eddie, nevertheless I'm taking a rest from here for a while.  Free speech is fine until you try to speak freely.  This was the first and last time.  I have learnt my lesson.

    No one is having a go at you Zand, us low carbers stick together. We have enough to get on with without falling out with each other. It's us versus the rest of the world and we are winning big time.

    Anyway give us a kiss.

    Regards Eddie


    _________________
    Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    zand
    zand
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 1940
    Join date : 2014-08-14

    Would you take diet advice from this man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

    Post by zand Fri Nov 28 2014, 17:20

    eddie1 wrote:
    @zand wrote: I believe you Eddie, nevertheless I'm taking a rest from here for a while.  Free speech is fine until you try to speak freely.  This was the first and last time.  I have learnt my lesson.

    No one is having a go at you Zand, us low carbers stick together. We have enough to get on with without falling out with each other. It's us versus the rest of the world and we are winning big time.

    Anyway give us a kiss.

    Regards Eddie


    Well that's not completely true is it? I'm sure Andy sees it differently. Like I said I'm having a rest for a while and then he can feel free to post what he likes here without criticism.

    A kiss?

    xxx

    Bye for now
    mo1905
    mo1905
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2305
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Cambs

    Would you take diet advice from this man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

    Post by mo1905 Sat Nov 29 2014, 14:43

    I'm actually quite pleased this thread was started. It shows that we all have opinions and are not afraid to air them. It shows we are different, we laugh at different things and get upset by different things. This is normal. Who wants to be part of a forum where all we ever did was agree on everything and pat each other on the back ?
    Paul made a very important point though, to disagree on a thread is fine, it's normal, but please let's not take these things too seriously. Please don't ever feel you have to toe the party line. If you have an opinion, share it. I may not like it but I'll read it. However, I'd rather read something I didn't agree with than nothing at all. The main reason for this forum is to educate and spread the low carb way of life. The other stuff is just filler, not worth falling out over.


    _________________
    Type1, Humalog and Solostar, Metformin, Lisinopril ( BP ), last HbA1C 41 ( 5.9% ), 20th Oct 2014, HbA1C 43 ( 6.1% ) 9th Mar 2015.
    zand
    zand
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 1940
    Join date : 2014-08-14

    Would you take diet advice from this man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

    Post by zand Sun Nov 30 2014, 12:19




    Paul1976
    Paul1976
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2439
    Join date : 2014-08-12
    Age : 44
    Location : East midlands,UK

    Would you take diet advice from this man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

    Post by Paul1976 Sun Nov 30 2014, 12:36

    @zand wrote:



    Hi Zand!

    Please do stick around,I've missed you on the forum and you seem really down at the moment and I'm worried about you. Sad


    _________________
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    mo1905
    mo1905
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2305
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Cambs

    Would you take diet advice from this man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

    Post by mo1905 Sun Nov 30 2014, 12:38

    @Zand !


    _________________
    Type1, Humalog and Solostar, Metformin, Lisinopril ( BP ), last HbA1C 41 ( 5.9% ), 20th Oct 2014, HbA1C 43 ( 6.1% ) 9th Mar 2015.
    Jan1
    Jan1
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 5094
    Join date : 2014-08-13

    Would you take diet advice from this man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

    Post by Jan1 Sun Nov 30 2014, 12:39

    Well 'Goodbye My Friends' a very 'sad song' indeed, but beautifully played.

    Zand - I sincerely hope it's not your way of saying goodbye to us ?

    All the best Jan sunny
    zand
    zand
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 1940
    Join date : 2014-08-14

    Would you take diet advice from this man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

    Post by zand Sun Nov 30 2014, 15:33

    Paul wrote:

    Hi Zand!

    Please do stick around,I've missed you on the forum and you seem really down at the moment and I'm worried about you. Sad

    That's very kind of you to say that Paul, and thanks for noticing. Smile Yes I am a bit down at the moment but there's no need to worry, I'm fine really. Thanks for your concern.
    zand
    zand
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 1940
    Join date : 2014-08-14

    Would you take diet advice from this man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

    Post by zand Sun Nov 30 2014, 19:07

    @Jan1 wrote:Well 'Goodbye My Friends' a very 'sad song' indeed, but beautifully played.

    Zand - I sincerely hope it's not your way of saying goodbye to us ?

    All the best Jan sunny

    Yes Jan it is, at least for a while anyway. I am struggling with the fact that there was such a personal attack on me when I was simply expressing an opinion. I wasn't asking anyone to change what they were posting. I said at one point that I was happy to leave the thread to those who were enjoying it. That's what I would have done if one post aimed at me hadn't been so nasty. I wasn't nasty to anyone, I didn't say I disliked anyone (I don't) I simply said I didn't agree with one thing only. So I would have expected any replies to be phrased like Eddie's, aimed at the subject we were discussing not at me personally.

    I wish I hadn't posted on this thread at all now. I am really sad that this has happened as I have enjoyed my time here. Thank you for your lovely welcome when I joined. I will miss you. Sad
    mo1905
    mo1905
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2305
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Cambs

    Would you take diet advice from this man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

    Post by mo1905 Sun Nov 30 2014, 19:22

    That's a shame Zand ! You was and are a valued member here, right from the start. As I mentioned in the particular thread, there will always be occasions when members disagree. That's normal. I'm sorry you feel so strongly that you feel the need to leave but I understand. Hopefully this will just be a break and you'll be back. Anyway, thanks for your valued input up until now and I hope you keep pushing the low carb message wherever you go. Take care, Mo :-)


    _________________
    Type1, Humalog and Solostar, Metformin, Lisinopril ( BP ), last HbA1C 41 ( 5.9% ), 20th Oct 2014, HbA1C 43 ( 6.1% ) 9th Mar 2015.

    Sponsored content

    Would you take diet advice from this man? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Apr 10 2021, 23:06