THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Charge shoppers 79% more for bacon

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Charge shoppers 79% more for bacon Empty Charge shoppers 79% more for bacon

Post by graham64 Tue Nov 06 2018, 21:52

Charge shoppers 79% more for bacon, say scientists behind 'life-saving' meat tax

EXPERTS are calling for the introduction of a potentially life-saving ‘meat tax’ saying it could end generations of deaths brought on by heart disease, stroke, diabetes and cancer.

Scientists claim a huge the hike in price – in the same way cigarettes and alcohol have been targeted - would bring a change of culture in the excessive consumption of red and processed meats has been linked to increase killer diseases.

But the move brought a warning that such a strategy could lead massively increased costs for everyday goods which industry insiders could even lead to a black market in cheaper underground bacon and other cheap cuts of meats.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/17205263.charge-shoppers-79-more-for-bacon-say-scientists-behind-life-saving-meat-tax/

It will come as no surprise that the Lead researcher Dr Marco Springmann is vegan

What if we all turned vegan by 2050?

http://www.oxfordtoday.ox.ac.uk/interviews/what-if-we-all-turned-vegan-2050
    chris c
    chris c

Charge shoppers 79% more for bacon Empty Re: Charge shoppers 79% more for bacon

Post by chris c Tue Nov 06 2018, 23:27

It's coming, like it or not. I predicted the meat tax, and hopefully I won't still be alive to see it banned altogether. I also predict that the results will NOT be what you read in the Guardian, but this will continue to be denied for years if not decades, just like low fat. By the time this is realised it will be too late to go back.

I like the idea of underground bacon, reminds me of that Michael Palin film

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089838/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_32
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Wed Nov 07 2018, 22:21

chris c wrote:It's coming, like it or not. I predicted the meat tax, and hopefully I won't still be alive to see it banned altogether. I also predict that the results will NOT be what you read in the Guardian, but this will continue to be denied for years if not decades, just like low fat. By the time this is realised it will be too late to go back.

I like the idea of underground bacon, reminds me of that Michael Palin film

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089838/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_32

Hope your wrong Chris can't let the vegans take over  Twisted Evil us meat eaters must stick together and fight back or we will be eating rabbit food along with fake meat products Laughing 

Loved the Palin clip  Cool
    Long birder

Post by Long birder Thu Nov 08 2018, 15:40

Wait till they start rioting outside butchers shops like they do in France. The S.D.A. elders will have to take their membership in hand! SmileWink
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Nov 09 2018, 00:19

graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Fri Nov 09 2018, 22:16

A member of the government has a word on the tax

‘HANDS OFF my bacon!’ Liz Truss dismisses meat tax and calls it a ‘CLAPTRAP’

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1042492/red-meat-tax-bacon-liz-truss-pork-processed-meat-sausages-bad

Another comment wants an alternative tax on vegans 

'We should tax VEGANS!' Furious Brexiteer ATTACKS 'nonsense' meat tax

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1042090/Jeremy-Vine-Channel-5-vegan-meat-tax-Martin-Daubney-Vegans-NHS-William-Sitwell
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Nov 11 2018, 22:35

Oh good, their dogma is starting to piss important people off.

I just had not one, not two but three Gloucester Old Spot sausages, with purple sprouting broccoli, and raised a glass of Carmenere to them.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sun Nov 11 2018, 22:58

Looks like DUK is trying to kill vegans off as well as us  omnivores  Smile 

Only 76.9g carbs  Shocked

Aromatic pilaf made with pearl barley, packed with vegetables and topped with spicy tofu

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/guide-to-diabetes/recipes/barley-pilaf-with-tofu
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Nov 11 2018, 23:05

WHY??????

Take out the barley, rapeseed oil and tofu and greatly reduce the peas, add some meat and you might have a decent diabetic meal.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sun Nov 11 2018, 23:10

chris c wrote:WHY??????

Take out the barley, rapeseed oil and tofu and greatly reduce the peas, add some meat and you might have a decent diabetic meal.

But it's a vegan recipe  Laughing don't think they would be very pleased
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Nov 14 2018, 23:30

Hey I eat a vegan diet along with my meat, poultry, game and fish, that works!

Yes it shows the problem though, animal protein comes with fat, some of which is saturated. Vegetable protein always comes with carbs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 18:59