THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Oopsies (Low Carb Bread)

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Oopsies (Low Carb Bread) Empty Oopsies (Low Carb Bread)

Post by Jan1 Sun Oct 12 2014, 18:03

Oopsies (Low Carb Bread) Img_1074

"Never heard of Oopsies? No, neither had I until we went LCHF, low carb and wheat free. Oopsies are a great bread substitute which is low carb, wheat free, sugar free, grain free. Use oopsies in school lunchboxes with your favourite fillings, or add some stevia (or sweetener of choice), and use cream cheese and berries as a filling for a sweet treat.

Ingredients serves eight

3 eggs
    100g of cream cheese
    ½ tsp baking powder
    ½ tsp psyllium husk
    pinch salt

Instructions

Separate the egg whites into one bowl and the egg yolks into another.
    Whisk the egg whites until very firm and peaks will form. In the other bowl add the cream cheese to the yolks and whisk until there are no lumps of cream cheese left.

Add the psyllium husk and baking powder and whisk again. By adding the psyllium and baking powder, it makes these ooopsies more bread like. Gently fold the egg white mixture and egg yolk mixture together. Line a baking tray with baking paper or silicon sheet to stop them from sticking and actually coming off the sheet in one piece!

Place a large spoon of mixture at 180C for 5-10 minute

Nutritional information

Serving size: 1 Oopsie Calories: 62 Fat: 4.3g Carbohydrates: 3g Sugar: 0.9gFibre: 0.6g Protein: 3.3g "

Details / text taken from Ditch The Carbs recipe and food idea site, it's well worth checking out:

http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/

All the best Jan
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Oopsies (Low Carb Bread) Empty Re: Oopsies (Low Carb Bread)

Post by zand Sun Oct 12 2014, 18:18

OK Jan they look lovely, but be honest, how eggy do they taste? Would it be worth me trying them? Or will I hate them because of the egg?
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Sun Oct 12 2014, 21:39

@Zand ..... I find Oopsies are a great LCHF snack, and don't find them too eggy - but then I love eggs.

There are many who live the LCHF lifestyle that find they're great  Smile

However, I know a few who don't  Evil or Very Mad

I can only suggest you give them a try   Neutral

As with any foods it's got to be an individuals choice, if you do try them please let us know what you think.

All the best Jan
    Bode
    Bode

Female Posts : 21

Post by Bode Sun Oct 12 2014, 22:31

Zand -

I tried oopsies once although it was a different recipe and didn't have any psyllium husk. I didn't really like them and thought they were similar to an odd, dry omelette. Didn't do it for me. I might try a different recipe sometime and see if I enjoy it any better.
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Mon Oct 13 2014, 07:20

Bode wrote:Zand -

I tried oopsies once although it was a different recipe and didn't have any psyllium husk.  I didn't really like them and thought they were similar to an odd, dry omelette.  Didn't do it for me.  I might try a different recipe sometime and see if I enjoy it any better.

Thanks, I may change the recipe a bit and see what happens. If I could eat them it would be a good way for me to get some of the nutrients of eggs into my body which would be helpful.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 06:52