THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

hehe, what a joke

Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

hehe, what a joke Empty hehe, what a joke

Post by Andy12345 Fri Jul 07 2017, 16:01

Hi guys, hope your all well

Got this email today so I thought I would share as it made me smile...

Hi Andy,

I hope you’re well. I am contacting you from the press office of Diabetes.co.uk press office.

I know you have worked with us in the past, so thanks for your contribution.

I am contacting you because Diabetes.co.uk are looking to host a low-carb meet-up in London on 15th July and we would love for you to join us!

If you haven’t heard about the Low Carb Program, it is is the world’s first evidence-based education program and lifestyle companion developed with Dr David Unwin and more than 20,000 people with type 2 diabetes and prediabetes.
    Benefits of a low-carb lifestyle include lower blood glucose levels, less dependence on medication and improved blood pressure levels.

We are inviting some of our low-carb champions, as well as some of our previous diabetes case studies. You will be joined by the founders of Diabetes.co.uk and we will be providing some low-carb snacks and treats!

You may bring along a plus one and we will pay for your travel expenses.

Full details of the event are below.

We really hope you can make it! If you cannot but would be interested in the event at a later date, please let me know.

Thanks

Emily.

My Reply...

Hi Emily

Thankyou for the invitation

Unfortunately due to being banned for life and my IP address being blocked by DCUK for reasons completely beyond my understanding (I was the 6th highest poster of all time I believe at the time of banning) this meaning I am unable to even view the forum, I spent many many thousands of hours trying to help and support people whilst promoting the LCHF way of life, I will be unable to attend, I am however very happy to hear the message is finally getting through, my trying to save the world days are over, the treatment I received by DCUK made me realise the world in fact didn’t want to be saved

Best regards

Andy

Haven't been posting due to political reasons lol

Take care folks
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

hehe, what a joke Empty Re: hehe, what a joke

Post by Paul1976 Fri Jul 07 2017, 17:48

Nice reply mate! cheers They've got some brassneck over there ain't they acting like they invented the LCHF way of eating all of a sudden after treating former low carbers like chopped liver whilst still letting Duggie troll every post about sat fats and cholesterol,ah Fuck 'em I say!
    Glad you're Ok dude and as for politics...Well I'm officially a Tory voter now,Stalin had nothing on Corbyn,Abbot and McDonnell.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Fri Jul 07 2017, 20:32

Andy12345 wrote:Hi guys, hope your all well

Hi Andy,

I hope you’re well. I am contacting you from the press office of Diabetes.co.uk press office.

I am contacting you because Diabetes.co.uk are looking to host a low-carb meet-up in London on 15th July and we would love for you to join us!

If you haven’t heard about the Low Carb Program, it is is the world’s first evidence-based education program and lifestyle companion developed with Dr David Unwin and more than 20,000 people with type 2 diabetes and prediabetes.
    Benefits of a low-carb lifestyle include lower blood glucose levels, less dependence on medication and improved blood pressure levels.

We are inviting some of our low-carb champions, as well as some of our previous diabetes case studies. You will be joined by the founders of Diabetes.co.uk and we will be providing some low-carb snacks and treats!

We really hope you can make it! If you cannot but would be interested in the event at a later date, please let me know.

Thanks

Emily.

My Reply...

Hi Emily

Unfortunately due to being banned for life and my IP address being blocked by DCUK for reasons completely beyond my understanding (I was the 6th highest poster of all time I believe at the time of banning) this meaning I am unable to even view the forum, I spent many many thousands of hours trying to help and support people whilst promoting the LCHF way of life, I will be unable to attend, I am however very happy to hear the message is finally getting through, my trying to save the world days are over, the treatment I received by DCUK made me realise the world in fact didn’t want to be saved

Best regards

Andy

Take care folks

I have had a long gruelling week, I have actually done some work. As you guys would expect, I have got something to say on this topic. I'm knackered but stand by for my comments tomorrow. One thing is for sure, the bullshit from those shysters at the flog knows no bounds.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Fri Jul 07 2017, 22:40

Andy12345 wrote:Hi guys, hope your all well

Hi Andy,

Thanks

Emily.

My Reply...

Hi Emily

Best regards

Andy

Take care folks
    H Andy
    Wonder how many other banned members have been contacted, under the cherubs reign many other high profile low carbers suffered the same fate as you, Panesar didn't give a toss what was happening on the forum then but now when he can see there's big bucks to be made from LC he's eager to milk it.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Jul 08 2017, 22:54

Maybe we should all turn up with placards saying BANNED.

I wonder if they invited Dr Jay Wortman? Lest we forget

http://www.drjaywortman.com/blog/wordpress/2011/04/
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Sun Jul 09 2017, 05:42

chris c wrote:Maybe we should all turn up with placards saying BANNED.

All amusing stuff

A little of topic but something struck me, the bit where the person was saying about not getting colds on lchf, is this a phenomenon? I have never been the type to get colds but apart from the colds/flu that the flu jab always gave me (don't get them no more and voila) I definitely noticed a reduction in illness on lchf
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sun Jul 09 2017, 22:17

Andy12345 wrote:

All amusing stuff

A little of topic but something struck me, the bit where the person was saying about not getting colds on lchf, is this a phenomenon? I have never been the type to get colds but apart from the colds/flu that the flu jab always gave me (don't get them no more and voila) I definitely noticed a reduction in illness on lchf

Yes I have noticed benefits too seldom get colds these days and my acid reflux has gone  Cool
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Mon Jul 10 2017, 08:40

If all the BANNED low carb flog members turned up at Panesar's soirée he would need to book the Albert Hall. affraid
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Mon Jul 10 2017, 22:55

Eddie wrote:

If all the BANNED low carb flog members turned up at Panesar's soirée he would need to book the Albert Hall. affraid

There is at least one positive we can get from the debacle at DCUK and that is the demise of the anti's the cherub gone jopar too, phoenix posts very occasionally and does not interfere in T2 matters any more, Sid has been quiet of late, the weasel nobblyhead is still there though still pushing NICE cholesterol guidelines but only for T2 and not T1
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Tue Jul 11 2017, 00:10

graham64 wrote:
    Andy12345 wrote:

All amusing stuff

Yes I have noticed benefits too seldom get colds these days and my acid reflux has gone  Cool

So commonplace as to be unremarkable, quite frankly. Yes the worst I've had for years has been that feeling that I'm going to get a cold soon, followed by a feeling that I just had a cold, but mostly without the actual cold. Can't remember when I last had flu, and lots of other things just don't go wrong either. I suspect the lack of excess glucose, plus lipids that actually work properly, retunes the immune system.

I was profoundly disappointed when my acid reflux didn't go away - until I gave up wheat, then it did.

Also hardly any dental plaque, my teeth seldom need scraping except when I don't clean them for a while.

Still get midge bites though, but I'm sure with a few exceptions they heal a lot faster. Currently have what I'm sure was a cleg bite on one finger though, a big red itchy lump, but even that seems to be fading faster than usual.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Tue Jul 11 2017, 00:14

graham64 wrote:

There is at least one positive we can get from the debacle at DCUK and that is the demise of the anti's the cherub gone jopar too, phoenix posts very occasionally and does not interfere in T2 matters any more, Sid has been quiet of late, the weasel nobblyhead is still there though still pushing NICE cholesterol guidelines but only for T2 and not T1

I don't bother with any of the diabetes forums any more, but have they turned up anywhere else instead? CarbsRok started posting elsewhere under a new identity but they worked out who she was almost immediately. She seemed to be a lot less stupid there though, which was a plus.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Tue Jul 11 2017, 21:46

chris c wrote:
    graham64 wrote:

I don't bother with any of the diabetes forums any more, but have they turned up anywhere else instead? CarbsRok started posting elsewhere under a new identity but they worked out who she was almost immediately. She seemed to be a lot less stupid there though, which was a plus.

CarbsRok less stupid  Shocked must have cut back on the carbs then  Surprised

They used to post on the DUK forum not had a look for a few months but they seemed to have gone quiet there to.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Tue Jul 11 2017, 22:40

graham64 wrote:

CarbsRok less stupid  Shocked must have cut back on the carbs then  Surprised

They used to post on the DUK forum not had a look for a few months but they seemed to have gone quiet there to.

Maybe they are all on Twitter, or perhaps they started a new secret forum no-one has heard of yet

Just for laughs I Googled high carb diabetic and got gazillions of hits.

Long time since I looked at the Official DUK Forum, it appeared to have gotten quite sensible. Well compared to how it used to be.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 18:35