THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

Signs of a stroke

Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Signs of a stroke Empty Signs of a stroke

Post by Andy12345 Wed Mar 08 2017, 20:05

As a general rule I sometimes read Facebook but never post, and certainly never share anything, I saw this link and found it quite interesting, it says to share it which is a huge turn off but was thinking as I can't or won't share it on fb then I'd put it here, sorry if that's not cool

http://www.wisdomtoinspirethesoul.com/2014/09/strokes-warning-signs.html

I copied the gist of it

I URGE YOU ALL TO READ & SHARE THIS; YOU COULD SAVE A LIFE BY KNOWING AND PASSING ON THIS SIMPLE INFORMATION.

Stroke has a new indicator! They say if you forward this to ten people, you stand a chance of saving one life. Will you send this along? Blood Clots/Stroke - They Now Have a Fourth Indicator, the Tongue.
    During a BBQ, a woman stumbled and took a little fall - she assured everyone that she was fine and she said she had just tripped over a brick because of her new shoes.

They got her cleaned up and got her a new plate of food. While she appeared a bit shaken up, Jane went about enjoying herself the rest of the evening.

Jane's husband called later telling everyone that his wife had been taken to the hospital - (at 6:00 PM Jane passed away.) She had suffered a stroke at the BBQ. Had they known how to identify the signs of a stroke, perhaps Jane would be with us today. Some don't die. They end up in a helpless, hopeless condition instead.

It only takes a minute to read this.

A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke...totally. He said the trick was getting a stroke recognized, diagnosed, and then getting the patient medically cared for within 3 hours, which is tough.

IDENTIFYING A STROKE

Thank God for the sense to remember the '3' steps, STR.
    Read and Learn!

Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster. The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.

Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions:

S *Ask the individual to SMILE.

T *Ask the person to TALK and SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently) (i.e. Chicken Soup)

R *Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.

If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call emergency number immediately and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.

New Sign of a Stroke -------- Stick out Your Tongue

NOTE: Another 'sign' of a stroke is this: Ask the person to 'stick' out their tongue. If the tongue is 'crooked', if it goes to one side or the other that is also an indication of a stroke.

A cardiologist said that if everyone who gets this message shared it with 10 people; you can bet that at least one life will be saved.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Signs of a stroke Empty Re: Signs of a stroke

Post by mo1905 Wed Mar 08 2017, 22:36

Great advice Andy. My dad had a stroke and I watched him slowly die for 12 years, losing more dignity as the years went by.
    Stroke is a massive killer and spotting signs and getting early clot busting treatment is the difference between a normal life and life changing disabilities.
    Another good sign is to ask them to grip your fingers. A sure sign is weakness in one hand as stroke leads to semi paralysis or damage to one side of the brain.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Thu Mar 09 2017, 00:27

Agreed, excellent advice.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Thu Mar 09 2017, 17:28

Andy12345 wrote:As a general rule I sometimes read Facebook but never post, and certainly never share anything, I saw this link and found it quite interesting, it says to share it which is a huge turn off but was thinking as I can't or won't share it on fb then I'd put it here, sorry if that's not cool

I copied the gist of it

I URGE YOU ALL TO READ & SHARE THIS; YOU COULD SAVE A LIFE BY KNOWING AND PASSING ON THIS SIMPLE INFORMATION.

Stroke has a new indicator! They say if you forward this to ten people, you stand a chance of saving one life. Will you send this along? Blood Clots/Stroke - They Now Have a Fourth Indicator, the Tongue.
    During a BBQ, a woman stumbled and took a little fall - she assured everyone that she was fine and she said she had just tripped over a brick because of her new shoes.

They got her cleaned up and got her a new plate of food. While she appeared a bit shaken up, Jane went about enjoying herself the rest of the evening.

Jane's husband called later telling everyone that his wife had been taken to the hospital - (at 6:00 PM Jane passed away.) She had suffered a stroke at the BBQ. Had they known how to identify the signs of a stroke, perhaps Jane would be with us today. Some don't die. They end up in a helpless, hopeless condition instead.

A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke...totally. He said the trick was getting a stroke recognized, diagnosed, and then getting the patient medically cared for within 3 hours, which is tough.

IDENTIFYING A STROKE

Read and Learn!

Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster. The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.

Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions:

T *Ask the person to TALK and SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently) (i.e. Chicken Soup)

If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call emergency number immediately and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.

NOTE: Another 'sign' of a stroke is this: Ask the person to 'stick' out their tongue. If the tongue is 'crooked', if it goes to one side or the other that is also an indication of a stroke.

A cardiologist said that if everyone who gets this message shared it with 10 people; you can bet that at least one life will be saved.

I think many of us fear Cancer or a massive heart attack and if we live long enough dementia, but stroke has never been top of my list. That being said anyone can suffer a stroke at any time and very often life changing. Great post Andy.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Thu Mar 09 2017, 18:36

Andy12345 wrote:As a general rule I sometimes read Facebook but never post, and certainly never share anything, I saw this link and found it quite interesting, it says to share it which is a huge turn off but was thinking as I can't or won't share it on fb then I'd put it here, sorry if that's not cool

I copied the gist of it

IDENTIFYING A STROKE

Read and Learn!

"A cardiologist said that if everyone who gets this message shared it with 10 people; you can bet that at least one life will be saved" ... now that makes you think and want to share with others  Smile

This is a great post Andy and so important, great advice.

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 18:46