THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Here I Am Seven Months Later and I Rarely Suffer from Migraines

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Here I Am Seven Months Later and I Rarely Suffer from Migraines Empty Here I Am Seven Months Later and I Rarely Suffer from Migraines

Post by Jan1 Mon Nov 28 2016, 16:44

"Natalie suffered greatly from migraines. She realized that keeping her blood sugar levels low was vital for avoiding migraines, and decided to try a low-carb diet in order to keep it in check.

This is what has happened after seven months:"

"Hello!

My name is Natalie and I’m 23 years old. I’ve suffered from migraines since elementary school.

In order to manage my migraines I must keep a stable blood sugar level. I tried to achieve this by eating often, the very same moment that I started to feel shaky and developed a headache. Which was very often! I quickly grabbed a sandwich or a fruit. You probably understand that this didn’t work at all, my blood sugar dropped very soon and I was overweight!

So I started searching the internet for keeping a stable blood-sugar level, and I read that a low-carb diet might be the solution.

And here I am seven months later and I rarely suffer from migraines (only when I’ve cheated) and I am 25 kg (55 lbs) lighter!"

Read/see more here
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/here-i-am-seven-months-later-and-i-rarely-suffer-from-migraines

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Here I Am Seven Months Later and I Rarely Suffer from Migraines Empty Re: Here I Am Seven Months Later and I Rarely Suffer from Migraines

Post by chris c Tue Nov 29 2016, 00:05

Good point!

I used to get migraines, but they were rare and not nearly as bad as many people report. On the other hand I NEVER had headaches, I thought that a fair trade.

I can't remember when I last had one, certainly never since going low carb. I wonder if this is yet another advantage of ketosis?
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Here I Am Seven Months Later and I Rarely Suffer from Migraines Empty Re: Here I Am Seven Months Later and I Rarely Suffer from Migraines

Post by Jan1 Wed Nov 30 2016, 12:36

Migraines can be so debilitating, and I have read quite a few articles where people have said that since keeping blood sugars more stable they have seen great improvement.

Headaches, stomach aches any aches and pains affect many - if folks can find improvement by changing their eating patterns it's got to be a win win situation.

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Nov 30 2016, 22:37

I remember getting one at work once, and the storemen were doing a lot of clanging outside my office fetching stuff for a customer collection. I made the mistake of shouting at them. You do NOT want to shout in the middle of a migraine. Trust me on this one! Mine were never as totally debilitating as others report, they usually started with pastel coloured flickering lights around the periphery of my vision, then someone applied a clamp to my head and tightened it, then noises became very loud and occurred on the surface on my ears instead of out in space.

I hardly ever get ill nowadays apart from things like my thyroid, I mean from infections. Having said which this current cold which floored Malcolm Kendrick and one of his commentators and left a lot of people round these parts coughing and hacking nearly broke through my defences - I've had episodes of snuffling and coughing a few times in the last couple of weeks which hav gone away again and so far that's it.

Yes I think a combination of a lack of excess glucose and a nice lot of ketones helps the efficiency of the immune system.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 05:03